So which Cowboy is going to cut Polomalu's hair?

Zman5

Reaction score
Maybe Michael Irvin is available to give TP a haircut before the game.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
[youtube]eVO93amUv7Y[/youtube]

Maybe we can sign Larry Johnson for a day...

:muttley:

cowboyed

Reaction score
Ha, what about the prospect these two highly esteemed dreadlock warriors literally tangling with each other on the field. How daunting and time consuming to untangle Polamalu and Barber's massive curtain like hair even if one of them (Barber) is pony-tailed. Or what if a savage tackle or battering run knocks their helmets off and further complicates dreadlock matters.

The sight and situation could be complicated with both of them either looking like conjoined twins or a bundled rope wired player two-pack. To avoid delay of game which sideline would they go to and would we be witnessing an impressive hair pulling fiesta.

Maybe not to worry, each player could have extensions... Anything is possible, after all I used to wear one of those clip on ties back in the day. Thoughts anyone?

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
DeepBleu;2458746 said:
is there a nfl rule specifically prohibits pulling hair?

No, you wear long hair at your own risk b/c it is considered part of your uniform.

The reason a penalty was called on Johnson was for holding onto Polamalu's hair after he was down.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
DWaremvp08;2458676 said:
This is an absurd comment. Polamalu has the most interceptions in the NFL and something like 18 passes defensed.

It sure is ! Polamalu is far and away the best SS in the league . He's what we all dreamed Roy could be . I'd kill to have him lining up for the Cowboys .

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2458349 said:
I hate watching Steeler games because all I ever see is that hair running all over the place and having the announcers spew their man love for him.

Is he a good player, yeah, but he is really seen mostly only because of his hair.

I would love to see TO beat him for a TD and then pull out imaginary scissors and cut the hair.

I would like to see Barber pancake him coming up the gut!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;2458794 said:
It sure is ! Polamalu is far and away the best SS in the league . He's what we all dreamed Roy could be . I'd kill to have him lining up for the Cowboys .

Polamalu also makes boneheaded plays that sometimes expose his defense.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Troy is all over the field on gameday, maybe his aggressive style hurts the Steelers on occasion, but more often than not, the man is in the right place at the right time. I'd love to see him w/ a Star on his helmet, hair or not. LOL.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Witten is going to school Polomalu so he'll be the one to cut his hair. Polomalu won't be all over the field and certainly won't be able to blitz as much on passing downs because they are going to have to put him on Witten. They don't have him dedicated to Witten 90% of the time guess who has a big game. They can't put an LB on Witten because we all know what happens then. If Polomalu blitzes on passing downs Witten will very much be open and Tony knows that.

Yah that Steeler defense looks ferocious but they don't have the players talent for talent against our offense. No team has the players defensively to stack up against our offensive talent. Teams let their defense dictate on how they are going to play offense. We won't let them dictate to us if Garret and Wade have half a brain. We need to attack them, constantly. We went after Seattle and would go deep at any given moment. Obviously Seattle isn't Blitzburgh but that kind of pressure will calapse any defense. We need to take it to them offensively and dictate. Don't let Lebeau have his way cause then he'll eat you.

We get up early, and we should, Big Ben is going to have to throw and that means we "T" off on those ribs of his and their defense has to come back on the field cold, tired and exposed to more attacks. If this team is focused and the coaches hold nothing back, that includes corners having to play 10 yards off the WR, there isn't a team in this league regardless of weather conditions that we won't whallop! We are going to find out how for real our team is this week. The best thing is, when we win, we still will be focused and not pig headed like in te past because we have a true powerhouse team to face right after. I just don't want to see any injuries this game and we win this thing.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2458566 said:
Not really. Somehow Troy developed a reputation as a poor coverage man and I'm not exactly sure how that came about. He's not used as a traditional safety - Troy lines up all over the field. He'll line up on the defensive line, as a linebacker, etc. His speed allows him to recover and he certainly isn't a liability in coverage. Is that what he makes his living on? Nah, but it doesn't hurt the team either. There's a reason he leads the league in INT's - he's often in the right spot when needed.

It was the 2007 campaign. T.P. was frequently out of position, playing shallower zones than schemes called for in order to put himself in a position to "make plays", but also putting him out of position to help bracket receivers - the Pittsburgh defense, as a result, was very volatile, either giving up nothing or giving up inordinately large plays. In addition, Pittsburgh was among the poorer defenses at defending against tight ends, which frequently did fall to Troy's plate.

The comparisons with RW's failings in coverage are inapt - they both struggle with the same things, but Roy simply struggled a lot more and didn't necessarily compensate by actually making the plays that Troy sometimes took himself out of position to make.

This year, however, T.P. is more akin to previous vintages than his 2007 disappointment. He is playing very solid football.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
SteveOS;2458824 said:
Troy is all over the field on gameday, maybe his aggressive style hurts the Steelers on occasion, but more often than not, the man is in the right place at the right time. I'd love to see him w/ a Star on his helmet, hair or not. LOL.

Sounds like Roy Williams of old. You know, before, when he was super aggressive. Then he found God and we found he could no longer play at a high level.

sacase

Reaction score
Troy P is overrated. Everytime I watch him (admittedly not often) he is getting smoked in coverage. Hell, his interception last week was not due to coverage skill but a bad ball. His came is all about being disruptive and the Steeler defense allows him to do that. Put him in Dallas and he would be worse than Roy W.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
We need to sign this guy just for this game:

Brutus the Barber Beefcake, baby!

http://msp85.***BLOCKED***/albums/k49/Nikkye_2006/BrutusTheBarberBeefcake.jpg

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Shinywalrus;2458830 said:
It was the 2007 campaign. T.P. was frequently out of position, playing shallower zones than schemes called for in order to put himself in a position to "make plays", but also putting him out of position to help bracket receivers - the Pittsburgh defense, as a result, was very volatile, either giving up nothing or giving up inordinately large plays. In addition, Pittsburgh was among the poorer defenses at defending against tight ends, which frequently did fall to Troy's plate.

The comparisons with RW's failings in coverage are inapt - they both struggle with the same things, but Roy simply struggled a lot more and didn't necessarily compensate by actually making the plays that Troy sometimes took himself out of position to make.

This year, however, T.P. is more akin to previous vintages than his 2007 disappointment. He is playing very solid football.

Yeah, Troy was also quite injured last season as well. He probably shouldn't have been playing much.

We shall see though. Should be a good match-up this weekend. Both Witten and Polamalu are premier players at their respective positions.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
sacase;2458842 said:
Troy P is overrated. Everytime I watch him (admittedly not often) he is getting smoked in coverage. Hell, his interception last week was not due to coverage skill but a bad ball. His came is all about being disruptive and the Steeler defense allows him to do that. Put him in Dallas and he would be worse than Roy W.

You should watch more of him.

For someone that doesn't watch him a lot, you sure seem sure he's overrated.

I don't know how he'll play against us, but Troy is a gamer.

Dave the Sicilian

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2458349 said:
I hate watching Steeler games because all I ever see is that hair running all over the place and having the announcers spew their man love for him.

Is he a good player, yeah, but he is really seen mostly only because of his hair.

I would love to see TO beat him for a TD and then pull out imaginary scissors and cut the hair.

:cool:...he is a very strong and good player, I like him very much and I like long hair too; nonetheless I'd like veeeeeeeeeery much to see TO a Big Roy slash him one time and then again and again :chop:c'mon let's make this dream come true!!

Ren

Reaction score
Danny White;2458971 said:
We need to sign this guy just for this game:

Brutus the Barber Beefcake, baby!

http://msp85.***BLOCKED***/albums/k49/Nikkye_2006/BrutusTheBarberBeefcake.jpg

:lmao2::bow:

got to love 80s wrestling