So who are our cold weather players (i.e home town, college, etc.)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2456739 said:
This team? None.

Field conditions will be the real problem. I don't think any of the others are half as bad.

We won the division last year!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately that is all they have won.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theebs;2457067 said:
We won the division last year!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately that is all they have won.

LMAO duh on my part. After the play off loss it didn't matter to me I guess.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
I grew up in Wisconsin, moved south for 10 years and am now back in Wisconsin. Guess what? It was FREAKING COLD when I moved back here! And it's been 5 years and I'm still trying to get used to it again. Some winter days are fine, but most it's like I'm chilled straight down to the bone, and it never used to be like that.

Fact of the matter is, people in the likes of Wisconsin, PA, or wherever, if they were down in Dallas, your weather would practically be t-shirt weather for us. When I moved down south and they called a season "winter" I very seldomly ever wore a jacket when I first got there and everybody else would be bundled up in BIG jackets acting like they lived in the North Pole. 30 degrees to us in the winter is like 60 degrees to a person living in the south.

People, don't fool yourselves, it's going to be EXTREMELY cold for every last member of our team that has the luxury to live in the warm climate called Texas. Lets just hope they can get inside their own heads and tell themselves it isn't cold. Ideally, they should sleep in an unheated bus the nights before the game.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
There is nothing better for a defensive player than bad weather.

Growing up and playing here in Texas we relished every last ultra-rare chance to play in cold weather even in practice.

It just adds a little pop to every hit and slows down the offense.
Playing in the snow is about as much fun as football gets.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2457259 said:
I grew up in Wisconsin, moved south for 10 years and am now back in Wisconsin. Guess what? It was FREAKING COLD when I moved back here! And it's been 5 years and I'm still trying to get used to it again. Some winter days are fine, but most it's like I'm chilled straight down to the bone, and it never used to be like that.

Fact of the matter is, people in the likes of Wisconsin, PA, or wherever, if they were down in Dallas, your weather would practically be t-shirt weather for us. When I moved down south and they called a season "winter" I very seldomly ever wore a jacket when I first got there and everybody else would be bundled up in BIG jackets acting like they lived in the North Pole. 30 degrees to us in the winter is like 60 degrees to a person living in the south.

People, don't fool yourselves, it's going to be EXTREMELY cold for every last member of our team that has the luxury to live in the warm climate called Texas. Lets just hope they can get inside their own heads and tell themselves it isn't cold. Ideally, they should sleep in an unheated bus the nights before the game.

But it is going to be 30 with snow not minus 15.

That is beautiful football weather. It will be about 15 degrees warmer on the field as it always is. (5-7 degrees actual turf temp and another 7-10 in football pads, underarmour gear)

It will feel great!!!!

The footing is the issue not the temp.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
theebs;2456601 said:
once your in north texas for a year, your previous locations weather does not matter.

You just get used to warm weather.

But this is the nfl, we have a lot of fun loving guys on this team, I bet they embrace the weather and have fun in it.
True, but I think having the experience of playing games in snow and cold would help somewhat. I've lived in a lot of different types of climates and always acclimate but making the transition from one to the other is always easier when I've got previous experience in the new one.

dallas_112678

Reaction score
Real1st;2456483 said:
Dude.... He grew up in Minnesota..

Theres a guy in one of my classes from Russia, lived there all his life and has lived here for 2 years, and hes already complaining about how cold it is when it was only 45Degrees.

It doesnt get much colder than Russia, just saying....