So Who Do We Draft at #27/#28?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Depending on the outcome of the Jets/Chargers, we'll be drafting in one of these two spots.

Who do you take? While we don't have any glaring needs, a replacement for Flozell as well as some safety help must be at the top of the list. Kicker as well but we're not Al Davis (but I wouldn't hesitate to drop a 5th rounder on Tiffin or Swenson).

reddyuta

Reaction score
my plan is to move up and draft a tackle.whatever it takes,get it done jerry.

RESIN8

Reaction score
I'm thinking the offensive side of the ball and hoping for a tackle to fall. If not I hope we don't reach for a need.

Seeing that we might not see Felix Jones at KR anymore, we might need to address the situation. I expect to see FJ as the full time RB now.

That being said I'd like to see us draft a playmaker type who we can groom into a FT position, but while he is waiting in the wings he can contribute to ST in the way that Harvin did this year.

I really really like this kid Mardy Gilyard from Cincy.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
reddyuta;3238461 said:
my plan is to move up and draft a tackle.whatever it takes,get it done jerry.

We have to hope one of the following players slips down to us (or close enough for us to trade up to)

Earl Thomas S Texas
Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State
Mike Iupati G Idaho
Trent Williams T Oklahoma
Anthony Davis T Rutgers
Brian Bulaga T Iowa
Brian Price DL UCLA
Charles Brown T USC

then if you figure these guys are likely Top 10 picks then it means someone from my list should slip to us..

Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
Russell Okung T Oklahoma State
Eric Berry S Tennessee
Rolando McClain LB Alabama
Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
Joe Haden CB Florida
Bruce Campbell T Maryland
Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech

Another thing I've been thinking about is IF the Rams don't take a QB 1st overall, they most likely will take one with the first pick in the 2nd. Teams who want a QB but not pay them Top 15 type money, will want to jump ahead of the Rams and get a guy like Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, or Tony Pike... similar to the years we traded down and teams took JP Losman and Brady Quinn. At 27/28, I can see us being in that spot again, especially if guys we like our long gone.

reddyuta

Reaction score
i like the trade down idea but we need to draft good o-linemen early(even if requires moving up a few spots).even our defense is affected by poor o-line play.Without fixing the line anything else seems futile.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
We did end up at #27 by the way.

The Realist

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3238924 said:
If we take a running back I riot.

God forbid if we had another Felix Jones on this roster.

Only player on O who showed up today.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3238838 said:
We have to hope one of the following players slips down to us (or close enough for us to trade up to)

Earl Thomas S Texas
Mike Iupati G Idaho
Anthony Davis T Rutgers
Brian Bulaga T Iowa
Brian Price DL UCLA
Charles Brown T USC

then if you figure these guys are likely Top 10 picks then it means someone from my list should slip to us..

Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
Russell Okung T Oklahoma State
Eric Berry S Tennessee
Rolando McClain LB Alabama
Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
Joe Haden CB Florida
Bruce Campbell T Maryland
Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech

Another thing I've been thinking about is IF the Rams don't take a QB 1st overall, they most likely will take one with the first pick in the 2nd. Teams who want a QB but not pay them Top 15 type money, will want to jump ahead of the Rams and get a guy like Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, or Tony Pike... similar to the years we traded down and teams took JP Losman and Brady Quinn. At 27/28, I can see us being in that spot again, especially if guys we like our long gone.

unfortunately the guys in bold I feel will not be there or even close for trade down when we pick.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3238838 said:

Earl Thomas S Texas
Mike Iupati G Idaho
Anthony Davis T Rutgers
Brian Bulaga T Iowa
Brian Price DL UCLA
Charles Brown T USC

Would be my choice at this moment

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Earl Thomas
Anthony Davis
Mike Iupati
Bruce Campbell
Brian Baluga

Those guys will be there in the 15-28 range.

Berry is untouchable
Suh is untouchable
Okung is untouchable
Dez is untouchable

It's a shame because Berry would make our defense elite. 2000 Ravens elite.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The Realist;3237905 said:
Half joking.......

CJ Spiller

He'd probably be the BPA if he's still there at 27. That'd be an interesting situation to be in. He's not needed but can you imagine Spiller and Jones in the same backfield.

The Realist

Reaction score
He's a far more versatile Felix Jones.

Takes care of the PR and KR spot.

He's like a Bush or Westbrook in the passing game.

1) Felix 2) CJ 3) Choice

You can use him as a slot WR.

Steven_81

Reaction score
Trade 1 rd pick ,choice and Bennett for top 5 pick and draft eric berry,or Taylor mays we need a saftey and OLine

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The Realist;3244030 said:
He's a far more versatile Felix Jones.

Takes care of the PR and KR spot.

He's like a Bush or Westbrook in the passing game.

1) Felix 2) CJ 3) Choice

You can use him as a slot WR.

If we draft CJ Spiller to use him like the Vikings use Percy Harvin that would be a decent move. Isn't our biggest need but gives us a homerun return guy and a speedy playmaker to mix in with our already versatile offense.

Dartball Maniac

Reaction score
For some reason, I see Jerry trading out of the 1st round because there was no one at #27 worth taking with the pick....