Soft against the run?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
We'll know tonight foshure. Vikings have the kind of offensive line that makes me drool, assuming they're healthy. I rank this up with that Seattle preseason game last year. A good chance to see what our new defense does against a pretty darn strong oline.

superpunk

Reaction score
nyc said:
Ok, your just being argumentative. It's like saying Bledsoe is the 7th best quarterback of all times because he is 7th all-time in passing yards or he is 5th best because he is 5th all-time in completions.

No, it's not. It's like saying Bledsoe is better than Tim Rattay because....he is.

Is Carson Palmer better than Brett Favre? Shawn Merriman better than Lawrence Taylor? We don't know yet.
And here you're comparing HOFers to players who have played a max of two years. That is ridiculous.

Produce a shred of evidence that Gore has somehow proved more, or proved that he is a better RB than Julius. A stat, something tangible - something other than "I think Gore is the better back." If you can produce that, and it makes sense, I'll stop being "argumentative." Your stance appears to be that you believe Gore will step up this year, and be a better back than Julius. If that's what you think - awesome. We'll see if it happens.

Right now, in the imortal words of the king:

JJ > Gore.

In every way possible.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
superpunk said:
No, it's not. It's like saying Bledsoe is better than Tim Rattay because....he is.

And here you're comparing HOFers to players who have played a max of two years. That is ridiculous.

Produce a shred of evidence that Gore has somehow proved more, or proved that he is a better RB than Julius. A stat, something tangible - something other than "I think Gore is the better back." If you can produce that, and it makes sense, I'll stop being "argumentative." Your stance appears to be that you believe Gore will step up this year, and be a better back than Julius. If that's what you think - awesome. We'll see if it happens.

Right now, in the imortal words of the king:

JJ > Gore.

In every way possible.

Cant say it better my self

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Superpunk,

I disagree, but the only way to truly answer this let time tell it's tale. Gore hasn't proven anything and I've said that even though for some reason everyone keeps telling what I already know. As I also noted, Jones has only proven that he has flashes of what it takes, but isn't consistant. Above all, he has the ability to get injured every season that he plays.

It's do or die for HIM and YOUR theory of him being better than Gore. Either way. Go Cowboys! :laugh1:

superpunk

Reaction score
nyc said:
I disagree, but the only way to truly answer this let time tell it's tale. Gore hasn't proven anything and I've said that even though for some reason everyone keeps telling what I already know.

Actually, what you keep trying to tell us, is that Gore has proved he is better than JJ - and saying otherwise is pure homerism.

It's not - and the "time will tell" stance is a much better one, on this issue.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Actually, what you keep trying to tell us, is that Gore has proved he is better than JJ - and saying otherwise is pure homerism.

It's not - and the "time will tell" stance is a much better one, on this issue.

Sigh, I give up. I NEVER said Gore was better than Jones. I just said that saying one unproven back is better than another unproven back is homerism when that *better* back is a home town back.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
nyc said:
Sigh, I give up. I NEVER said Gore was better than Jones. I just said that saying one unproven back is better than another unproven back is homerism when that *better* back is a home town back.

JJ has proven he can produce as a starter. Gore has not

JJ is > Gore

fact

4 games 150+

O games 100+

JJ > Gore

at this point and time

superpunk

Reaction score
nyc said:
Sigh, I give up. I NEVER said Gore was better than Jones.
So.....Gore is not better than Jones? :confused:

Then why

I just said that saying one unproven back is better than another unproven back is homerism when that *better* back is a home town back.

Is it homeristic to say that Julius is a better RB than Gore? Because he's the hometown back? Weak.

You are really not making any sense.

proline

Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
You guys are all missing the point....go back and watch the game and you'll see that Gore ran consistently on the 1st team defense. One time Ellis didn't get there in time to help which is not too surprising, he should be fine by Jacksonville. Roy can't help as much because they need him covering Vernon Davis...he's too much for Watkins.

I definitely see reason for concern but there's still plenty of time to get it right. They shouldn't be horrible but at this point I think the run defense will be the "weak point" of the defense.

THANK YOU!!!

My original point was not meant to be a "the sky is falling" post. And last I checked, I'm still entitled to my opinion. I'm as big a fan of our defense as anybody, but I try to be a little bit realistic, too.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
proline said:
THANK YOU!!!

My original point was not meant to be a "the sky is falling" post. And last I checked, I'm still entitled to my opinion. I'm as big a fan of our defense as anybody, but I try to be a little bit realistic, too.

no said you wernet. But your not being realistc, Gore's YPC are overblown because of one 18 yard run, outside of that he had no run over 6 yards i do believe and had about 5 runs of like 3 yards. Gore was also running behind a very nice Left side. OUr Run defense is not as bad as u made it seemed