Soft Corners...

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
it was especially frustrating...particularly with Shaun Hill being one of the only NFL starting quarterbacks I've seen in recent memory to throw the football end-over-end for a touchdown.

I want to see us get back to the "simplified, maybe 10 or so plays" defense that we ran against Tampa Bay. Oh, and continue the stifling run defense from today!

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
CATCH17;2438117 said:
You guys are unbelievable.

We had a lead the majority of the game.

Even when the game is close you cant play your corners close every single snap.

Watch any game. Teams dont press the entire game. Get real.

Dallas was dominant on D.

When we got such a lead that the 49ers had to run longer routes the smart thing to do is back off some.

Wade has been playing more aggressive coverages lately. Pay attention noobs.

Dominant defenses don't give up 22 points to the 49ers or any other 3-8 team for that matter. They beat people the way the Titans had until lately - by holding opponents to an average of 13 points a game. That's less than 2 touchdowns.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
It finally dawned on me just now why we play our corners soft, we don't trust our safeties over the top....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We played more press last week with a healthy Newman but Newman missed practices this week with a tweaked groin, Pac Man is still on commissioner lockdown and Mike Jenkins got injured today.

Our defense dominated the 2nd and 3rd quarters of this game giving us an insurmountable lead. Do we really need to find complains every week about something?

Want more press coverage? Then hope Pac Man comes back strong and Newman can stay healthy.

We clearly set out to stop the run first and then play the pass with a fierce rush. It worked well all things considered.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2437997 said:
It is frustrating. What a stubborn coaching staff. Results do not move them.

I'm right there with you, brother.

Results don't budge them. 7-4. Oh wait, those are the only results that matter.

Nevermind.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Everson24;2438079 said:
I was getting roasted in the live chat because I was upset with the soft zones of our defense with 9 minutes left. We were only up 2 scores at that time. I've seen too many games lost that way.

We were NEVER on defense in the second half with only a two-score lead.

We were up by at least 19 every time the 49ers touched the ball in the second half.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
JohnsKey19;2437967 said:
I agree. Hasselback and the Seahawk WRs will kill us with quick hitting pass routes, if we play a lot of soft coverage.

We'll have to see if Hass even plays. After his center fell on his hand, he looked like he was in a good bit of pain.