Solari and the blocking scheme

Rayman70

Reaction score
Guys, harken back to camp. We knew the offensive line was sketchy back then. Why are we acting surprised now? We knew we would have to cope with this issue all year. Every team has a weakness. Ours is the line. We are poor run blocking. We are really decent pass blocking mostly. So guess where most of our points have been happening? The passing game. Thats how we will have to win.That said, winning that way in the playoffs is difficult. We may be 1 and done again unless we can find a run game.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Don’t need a scheme. Block the guy in front of you. Can’t even do that. sBLOCK!!!!!
Kind of what I am talking about is that on countless plays, the offensive linemen leaves the guy in front of him to go block someone else. Usually air. It seems like its scheme and its pure idiocy.

That's separate from the issues where Steele is 1 on 1 with a guy and whiffs. That's just a lack of talent. Maybe Solari could coach him up but I mostly blame the players for those situation.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He needs firing.
Go search out the thread when he was hired.

Many in here were adamant he was a bad hire then.

Vastly over rated but coaching is a little boys clique

Last edited:

Mr_437

Reaction score
People will give Dak grief for some things. Pollard a lot of grief for his poor stats. The offensive linemen have a lot of complaints against them.

Watching the game, how many times do we see an opposing defensive player run completely free? This happens on pass plays and run plays. It frequently seems like it is by design but at other times, just poor communication.

You know that draw play out of the shotgun where Pollard gets maybe 2 yards out of? Do people see multiple offensive linemen pulling into the hole and Pollard having to wait for them, only to be tackled by backside pursuit?

Overall, I think Solari has been at the root cause of a lot of Dallas' problems this year. Maybe its Schottenheimer. This kind of stuff didn't happen last year with largely the same group of players.

The passing game and Dak's mobility has frequently covered up just how bad this issue has been. IMO, Solari and possibly Schottenheimer have been Mike Nolan level fiascos as coaches and its just being hid by other aspects of the team.

Side note: Steele kind of sucks. I don't blame Solari for that. I'm specifically talking about how the blocking is designed and coached. Watching around the league, I don't see these breakdowns frequently.
:clap:
I promise ppl think a RB should get yards without running lanes and defender in the backfield.