CFZ Solidify Your Roster; Make One More Splash Move

NotForLong

Reaction score
I'm just hoping we didn't miss the boat on Keondre Coburn. I think once a great coach gets ahold of him, he's going to beast. Same thing I thought about James Houston last year. We'll see I guess. Deion is a blowhard, and a recruiter, maybe position coach. Not much of an Xs and Os guy, which is why he always has great assistants. I'm only saying that because Houston had to catch up to NFL speed, got cut, then came back and knocked it out of the park. Had he had a better coach, as far as technique, and insight into what they were up to, he would have been ready off the bat. Guy was very underrated.
We got our Houston in Tyrus Wheat

CCBoy

Reaction score
My favorite two would be WR Hopkins or RB Henry. If one wants to 'run' the ball, go get a legitimate smash mouth still fully functional.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I get what you are saying but I think the spirit of the op is a move to put the team over the top....which would typically mean a splash type move.

This team has been and is close but always comes up a little short...I think everyone is looking for something extra
Yep, just a player or two to put you over the top.. Doesn't have to be Aaron Donald. Just upgrade in the middle. We need a better center and more depth at DT. Another WR..

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Howie Roseman becomes extremely drunk and offers Landon Dickerson for a 5th rd pick. LG is covered for ten years.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Joe Burrow and Aaron Donald. Consider it done! (Switching to Madden regular season mode now, screw training camp mode, we're good.)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Joe Burrow and Aaron Donald. Consider it done! (Switching to Madden regular season mode now, screw training camp mode, we're good.)
I'm just curious what's the fascination with Joe Burrow? IS he considered the best QB in the league now? I get Hurts, Mahomes...even Josh Allen.

shabazz

Reaction score
Trade a sixth for Derrick Henry
if Pollard isnt ready or starts slowly, this would have been a visionary move……and even if it’s just depth it would be important since the wind of winning the NFC is limited

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
with all due respect, if you don’t see the talent level with Burrow, it explains your high evaluation of Prescott.
So you'd take Burrow over Hurts, Mahomes and Josh Allen right now? I'm just shocked. Maybe I underrate Burrow. I feel like Burrow is closer to Dak then he is Mahomes but once again that might be me.

shabazz

Reaction score
So you'd take Burrow over Hurts, Mahomes and Josh Allen right now? I'm just shocked. Maybe I underrate Burrow. I feel like Burrow is closer to Dak then he is Mahomes but once again that might be me.
I would never take Burrow over Mahomes…..but he’s a definite 2nd or 3rd Best QB in the league

Hurt’s running ability puts him up there but when we compare the Bengals offensive line and the Eagles OL it’s not even close. 2 seasons ago. Burrow was the most sacked Qb in the league and still got his team to the SB.

conner01

Reaction score
Realistic. I don't play Madden often. If I do, I don't do the roster thing. But I'm talking realistic. I think they have more cap space after June 1, it sounds like.
Most of that’s going to the guys we have
But we always sign guys late or even during the season

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would never take Burrow over Mahomes…..but he’s a definite 2nd or 3rd Best QB in the league

Hurt’s running ability puts him up there but when we compare the Bengals offensive line and the Eagles OL it’s not even close. 2 seasons ago. Burrow was the most sacked Qb in the league and still got his team to the SB.
Being the most sacked QB in the league means nothing though. People discredit Hurts because of his weapons but that offensive line looked a lot better with Hurts than it did with Minshew.

Not to mention Burrow has Higgins, Boyd and Chase....the best trio in the league and its not close. Has Mixon. I don't discredit Burrow because of that because he is good but he doesn't get bonus points because he gets sacked a lot.

Why does Hurts get knocked for his cast but Burrow doesn’t?

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
I'm just curious what's the fascination with Joe Burrow? IS he considered the best QB in the league now? I get Hurts, Mahomes...even Josh Allen.
I like that fire I see in Burrow. Like Mahomes and Allen, (not Hurts) Burrow possesses the skill set to be an elite NFL QB but he also has that edge about him. Our QB shows glimpses of it when he plays easy teams but Burrow has it no matter who they play.

JayFord

Reaction score
Joe Burrow is hands down better than Hurts and Josh Allen

Hurts has has 1 great if not elite season that led to a superbowl

Josh Allen is Dak Prescott...theyre almost the same, i'd give Allen the nod though because of his running ability... but they throw the same kinds of picks, (and Allen throws it in double coverage WAYY too much) both dont get it done in the post season