Twitter: Solomon Thomas

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Solomon Thomas>Trysten Hill
Offer up pick 90 and throw them something from next yr too

Solomon Thomas had three sacks his rookie year in 14 games and 1 in 16 games last year. I don't think at this point we can say he's better than Hill. Right now, he's just not a very good defensive lineman, which is the reason the 49ers are ready to give up on him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It amazes me why fans would give a 4th or 3rd for a guy who’s done nothing
If he’s cut I might look but I wouldn’t give anything of value for him

I'd rather have an aging player with skins on the wall like Gerald McCoy then a first-round pick who has failed like Thomas.

revospeed

Reaction score
I'd rather have an aging player with skins on the wall like Gerald McCoy then a first-round pick who has failed like Thomas.

Exactly. Look at how Suh contributed to the Rams last year. He performed better in the NFC championship and Super bowl than Aaron Donald did. Get a guy who can flash greatness again.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I don't really like the jack of all trades DL. They usually don't do well at either position.
I understand - and I don’t really disagree - but I really liked Thomas coming out in that draft. He’s sudden enough and has the size to create real problems on a pass rush from the 3T spot.

I don’t think he’d ever be more than a run stopper at DE but I like his pass rush inside.

He has the character, smarts and intangibles that any team would love... but especially this team.

Solomon wouldn’t be the savior but he could be an integral part of a DL rotation.

Anyway, it all depends on the asking price. I wouldn’t give up a whole lot but at the right price I absolutely would bring him in.

GenoT

Reaction score
Yet another castoff “rotational” player who, in the grand scheme of things, isn’t likely to make enough of a difference to matter.

Come to think of it, other than Lawrence, our entire D-line consists of rotational players.
:huh::banghead:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's a review of Thomas from former NFL defensive end Steven White. It contains some salty language but it shows a maddeningly inconsistent level of effort.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/11/15162716/solomon-thomas-scouting-report-breakdown-2017-nfl-draft

This assessment seems very accurate given his underwhelming performance in the league so far. And White points out that a coach like Marinelli would never put up with effort like that. And that likely greatly decreases the chance that he or we would be interested.

jjktkk

Reaction score
It amazes me why fans would give a 4th or 3rd for a guy who’s done nothing
If he’s cut I might look but I wouldn’t give anything of value for him
I think a lot of it has to do with Thomas being a local guy from the DFW area.

Reactions: BAT

jjktkk

Reaction score
May be
And if he was released I’d look
But trading for him is a waste of a pick to me
A 3rd or 4th end pick is very valuable
Considering just how many guys we don’t have signed next year those picks are huge
Oh yeah, its all about the price. Good character kid, who does have talent. If Dallas did get him, I think Marinelli would be able to get that talent out of him.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Not to toot the patriots horn... but they live off of these guys. Former high round picks. Don’t pan out on their team. Then pats swoop in and give up a 6 th or 7th for them. Kyle Van Noy for example.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not to toot the patriots horn... but they live off of these guys. Former high round picks. Don’t pan out on their team. Then pats swoop in and give up a 6 th or 7th for them. Kyle Van Noy for example.
That's due strictly to Belly. He is an absolute master in looking at a player and immediately understanding that player's skillset and how best to use it. Very rare talent in a coach.

Plus, DET was playing him as an OLB, NE put him in the middle when Hightower went down, where he excelled. That was in 17. Not sure what they did w/ him last season, w/ Hightower coming back!!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would offer our 3rd and swap 4ths.

A team can't keep giving away draft picks for veterans who haven't shown any production beyond that of the players they already have. A team doesn't get better by simply getting more of what they already have.

kskboys

Reaction score
Problem w/ Thomas is that he's a tweener. Lacks the bulk for DT, and lacks the burst and bend to be a DE.

Since he has a great motor and attitude, I'd take him if the price isn't too high. If put in the right position, he'd be quite disruptive.