Twitter: Solomon Thomas

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I admittedly haven't watched many 49ers games but based on his stats, he doesn't appear to be any good despite his high draft pick status.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
ImportantSpiritedAmurminnow-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Bigdog

Reaction score
I admittedly haven't watched many 49ers games but based on his stats, he doesn't appear to be any good despite his high draft pick status.
I have watched some and your right he doesn’t really show up or is noticeable. With that being said he has some personal tragedies this past year like losing his sister who he was very close to. I would take a flyer on him if the price was right.

Proof

Reaction score
Crazy. And to think I was highly jealous when they managed to snag him AND Reuben Foster together. Oops.

Would love if Dallas made a play for him

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I thought he was waaay overrated coming out (pretty sure I even created a thread about in the draft forum that year) and overdrafted by the 49ers.

He was a guy without a true position and tweener in terms of physical size (6’-2” 273 lbs). When you watched him at Stanford you saw him make plays but you also saw him getting completely washed-out and rag-dolled, especially when he took snaps inside.

I think he’s best suited as a designated rotational pressure player on the inside. He doesn’t have the repertoire to man a starting spot outside nor does he have the size to be a 3-down tackle inside.

With all that said, it may sound like I don’t like him but that wouldn’t be the case. The 49ers made the mistake. I think he has some utility and it’s just a hunch, but I wouldn’t be surprised if based on their supposed infatuation with Ed Oliver that the Cowboys see a similarly sized/skilled and cheaper alternative in Thomas.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
There’s your rotational 3-technique who can kick out to DE on run downs.

I’d be very interested at the right price. Loved him coming out in the draft.
Malik McDowell offers that same flexibility if medically cleared.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn’t be surprised if based on their supposed infatuation with Ed Oliver that the Cowboys see a similarly sized/skilled and cheaper alternative in Thomas.
Would they be willing to let a former top 3 pick go cheap enough for Dallas to be interested though?

Unless they really value Lewis or maybe see Charlton as a better fit. Then maybe they could a deal around that