Some 2006 self-torture to help pump us up for this Saturday

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Nothing like a bit of self-flagellation to help us serve a revenge dish 12 years cold. Hey, "The Catch" was still motivating Dallas fans prior to the 1992 NFC title game.

• Walt Anderson incorrectly ruled a 1st-and-goal to be 4th down. Had he upheld the first down, the Cowboys could have simply knelt out the clock and kicked a game-winner as time expired, or punched it in for six.
  • The Seahawks illegally tampered with the K-ball by rubbing it up with a lubricating substance.
  • Had Gramatica simply thrown even the slightest of blocks on Babineaux, Romo would have either scored or gotten a first down.
  • In the 2006 playoff game, the Seahawks had an extremely depleted secondary, even having to pick up Pete Hunter off the streets, yet Parcells went all conservative and refused to unleash Romo and the aerial attack.
  • The Cowboys defense could have gotten a safety or at least forced Seattle to punt, but they promptly surrendered a 20-yard run to Shaun Alexander.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Nothing like a bit of self-flagellation to help us serve a revenge dish 12 years cold. Hey, "The Catch" was still motivating Dallas fans prior to the 1992 NFC title game.

• Walt Anderson incorrectly ruled a 1st-and-goal to be 4th down. Had he upheld the first down, the Cowboys could have simply knelt out the clock and kicked a game-winner as time expired, or punched it in for six.
  • The Seahawks illegally tampered with the K-ball by rubbing it up with a lubricating substance.
  • Had Gramatica simply thrown even the slightest of blocks on Babineaux, Romo would have either scored or gotten a first down.
  • In the 2006 playoff game, the Seahawks had an extremely depleted secondary, even having to pick up Pete Hunter off the streets, yet Parcells went all conservative and refused to unleash Romo and the aerial attack.
  • The Cowboys defense could have gotten a safety or at least forced Seattle to punt, but they promptly surrendered a 20-yard run to Shaun Alexander.
Your 4th bullet point is the ball game.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Honestly, I will never ever ever ever understand how they Overturned the first down.

There is NO WAY That there was anything close to incontrovertible evidence that Witten didn’t get the first.

That overturn was complete and utter BS.

Zordon

Reaction score
full

jwitten82

Reaction score

Has that second point been proven?

CWR

Reaction score
Has that second point been proven?

They changed the way the footballs are handled on the sidelines as a result of that game. I know that much. I cant remember anything about a lubricant but I do know they were supposed to use a ball that was broken in and instead grabbed the slickest one they could find.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Honestly, I will never ever ever ever understand how they Overturned the first down.

There is NO WAY That there was anything close to incontrovertible evidence that Witten didn’t get the first.

That overturn was complete and utter BS.

That wouldn’t be the only time the call on the field got overturned by suits watching a screen in a Cowboys playoff game. Dez Bryant in Green Bay.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The ONE thing that sticks out to me about that game, and that play, is how close Romo came to getting the first down. If that end rusher doesn’t go all out, Romo gets the first down and probably scores. He was THIS close.
I did not realize Romo was that slow. He should have made it.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They changed the way the footballs are handled on the sidelines as a result of that game. I know that much. I cant remember anything about a lubricant but I do know they were supposed to use a ball that was broken in and instead grabbed the slickest one they could find.
The ball was really shiny. I never saw anything like that ball before.

Reactions: CWR

Red Dragon

Reaction score
That wouldn’t be the only time the call on the field got overturned by suits watching a screen in a Cowboys playoff game. Dez Bryant in Green Bay.
Frankly, there was more reason to overturn the Dez catch than the Witten 1st down.

strollinruss

Reaction score

I didn’t see this game cause we were getting married that night. Truly a day that lives in infamy

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Frankly, there was more reason to overturn the Dez catch than the Witten 1st down.

My point is that neither should have been overturned without conclusive evidence to overturn the calls from the refs who were just a few feet away from both plays. It isn’t like the refs were standing 30 yards away with an obstructed view.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
This is the first time in all these years that I heard about the ky jelly ball theory. Thats some hardcore tin foil stuff there.