CFZ Some additional thoughts

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hahaha, thanks for the video. Yeah, he banged into that second defender and got 2 more yards in the process. Just too cool. If Zeke or Tony need a rest, use him as the 3rd RB. :D

I'm so proud of all our TE's yesterday. What a group if they can keep it up.
this is the deepest TE group we have had, maybe not most talented, but given how good the top 3 can play it makes it much more difficult. 2, 3, TE sets are a challenge for the defense since they don't know who blocks, who runs routes (and now who runs an end around).... except we know Schultz can't block

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
this is the deepest TE group we have had, maybe not most talented, but given how good the top 3 can play it makes it much more difficult. 2, 3, TE sets are a challenge for the defense since they don't know who blocks, who runs routes (and now who runs an end around).... except we know Schultz can't block
Even Schultz seems to be improving a bit.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
You're right it's surprisingly upbeat today even after a big win lol.
That's because how it happened. Crappy first, turn around, winning second half. And everyone just excelled. So many fun things to talk about. Even the crappy stuff. If I met MM today I'd rip him apart and hug him at the same time. :D

By the way, has he said anything about that "go for it" decision in the first quarter? Had he swallowed a turkey leg or something and people misinterpreted his waving? Here's my theory: since last week was a show of force, he decided that this game should be a test of character. :confused:

NVMe_Zo

Reaction score
Sorry, but I have to argue this point. In intraconference games, neither team has the advantage of familiarity over the other team, so that, in and of itself is no reason to not do well against them. If what you meant by that is that you're less likely to have close, hard fought games, then I'd agree with that.

I guess what I’m trying to say is if our 3 divisional teams were pass happy teams that rarely ran the ball, it’s safe to say that the Cowboys would be built mostly to stop that style of play and when we face a team that play the opposite of that style, then the Cowboys will struggle even with a solid game plan.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess what I’m trying to say is if our 3 divisional teams were pass happy teams that rarely ran the ball, it’s safe to say that the Cowboys would be built mostly to stop that style of play and when we face a team that play the opposite of that style, then the Cowboys will struggle even with a solid game plan.
True, but the other team would be in the same boat, wouldn't they? They'd be built to challenge the teams in their own divisions, and not built to play against our strengths. It becomes a case of whose assets match up better against the other's and who can game plan to take advantage of what they have.

exciter

Reaction score
...in no particular order. Just finished watching the game.

- had to go to sleep at half time yesterday because I had to work early today (Central european time). So when I did that the last time, the Cowboys turned around a bad game after haft time. Did it yesterday... so whenever they have a bad first half again, I'll go to bed. Instant win. :D
- both faces of this team in one game this time: horrible first half, no way around it. Bad coaching, no game managing, bad throws, bad routes... BUT
- and that's the key take away for me here: They came out of the locker room as a completely different team. And that's on coaching. They went back to what makes them successful, long drives, short yardages, good run game... defence picked up the pace too. Awesome
- Dak had a very good second half. Not only the throws, but stretching the drives is what brings success. We always say he needs to get the ball out faster. But this time quite a few examples for why keeping the ball as long as possible helps getting the receivers in good positions. He kept his cool under pressure and delivered some nice throws in the 2nd half
- way too many pre snap penalties - why? (that's also on coaching)
- Gallup back on track?
- Schultz as the safety valve? Kinda worked.
- hahaha, loved Fergusons jump over the defender in the 4th
- perfect Zeke - Pollard balance
- nice balance between shots for the high light reel and good old punding and grinding football
- when will we accept that our tight end group is good enough for any game this season? I'm not there yet but maybe I should be
- Maher... I guess below 50yrd field goals aren't worth your time anymore lol
Giants had a really good game plan, it was just unsustainable vs the talent gap and the coaching staff made some really good halftime adjustments for once!

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Thankfully, the Giants took their sweet time on that last TD drive of theirs.

I think they knew that they were beat. It's not like they were down by 3 points, but by 2 TDs instead. I'm sure they wanted to make it like they could catchup. But honestly, they knew they were defeated.

plymkr

Reaction score
I am a huge Critic of Dak's and I agree 100% . . . I loved The way Dak ended the game . . . I kept telling my Boy that we may be witnessing Dak's balls dropping . . . He may have actually blossomed into a football player.

Of course credit to the coaching but I give all the Credit to Dak

It may be a New Day. . .
Do you mean his spicey balls dropping :laugh:
Yeah I've been a harsh critic of Dak, especially last year and this year. But how he responded to the bad first half was inspiring. The first pick was weak cuz you don't assume a penalty happened. The 2nd pick I swear was PI on the DB that wasn't called. I want Dak to stop throwing over the middle into coverage. That's not his strong suit. Safe passes on curl routes, go routes and out of the backfield are money. He needs to not turn the ball over and let the plethora of playmakers do their thing. JMHO.

But as a Dak critic, I was impressed with how he dealt with the adversity then came out in the 2nd half and played very well. So props to him. I think you're right. He might be growing up and into a consistent QB. That's all we need from his is consistency.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Giants had a really good game plan, it was just unsustainable vs the talent gap and the coaching staff made some really good halftime adjustments for once!
To be honest we played into their hands in the first half. That 4th down was a complete and huge momentum shifter over practically nothing. I mean they corrected their own mistake with a stellar 2nd half but imo this was the dumbest and most unnecessary move by MM I have seen this season. You just can't disrespect a division rival with a winning record like this.

What I'm trying to say here is, like usual we were about to beat ourselves. I respect the Giants for what they have pulled off this season but it shouldn't have been that close in the first place. I'm just glad Dak and Kellen had their number from minute 31 to the finish line.