CFZ Some additional thoughts

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
...in no particular order. Just finished watching the game.

- had to go to sleep at half time yesterday because I had to work early today (Central european time). So when I did that the last time, the Cowboys turned around a bad game after haft time. Did it yesterday... so whenever they have a bad first half again, I'll go to bed. Instant win. :D
- both faces of this team in one game this time: horrible first half, no way around it. Bad coaching, no game managing, bad throws, bad routes... BUT
- and that's the key take away for me here: They came out of the locker room as a completely different team. And that's on coaching. They went back to what makes them successful, long drives, short yardages, good run game... defence picked up the pace too. Awesome
- Dak had a very good second half. Not only the throws, but stretching the drives is what brings success. We always say he needs to get the ball out faster. But this time quite a few examples for why keeping the ball as long as possible helps getting the receivers in good positions. He kept his cool under pressure and delivered some nice throws in the 2nd half
- way too many pre snap penalties - why? (that's also on coaching)
- Gallup back on track?
- Schultz as the safety valve? Kinda worked.
- hahaha, loved Fergusons jump over the defender in the 4th
- perfect Zeke - Pollard balance
- nice balance between shots for the high light reel and good old punding and grinding football
- when will we accept that our tight end group is good enough for any game this season? I'm not there yet but maybe I should be
- Maher... I guess below 50yrd field goals aren't worth your time anymore lol

Last edited:

NotForLong

Reaction score

- had to go to sleep at half time yesterday because I had to work early today (Central european time). So when I did that the last time, the Cowboys turned around a bad game after haft time. Did it yesterday... so whenever they have a bad first half again, I'll go to bed. Instant win. :D
- both faces of this team in one game this time: horrible first half, no way around it. Bad coaching, no game managing, bad throws, bad routes... BUT
- and that's the key take away for me here: They came out of the locker room as a completely different team. And that's on coaching. They went back to what makes them successful, long drives, short yardages, good run game... defence picked up the pace too. Awesome
- Dak had a very good second half. Not only the throws, but stretching the drives is what brings success. We always say he needs to get the ball out faster. But this time quite a few examples for why keeping the ball as long as possible helps getting the receivers in good positions. He kept his cool under pressure and delivered some nice throws in the 2nd half
- Gallup back on track?
Schultz as the safety valve? Kinda worked.
- nice balance between shots for the high light reel and good old punding and grinding football
- when will we accept that our tight end group is good enough for any game this season? I'm not there yet but maybe I should be
I am a huge Critic of Dak's and I agree 100% . . . I loved The way Dak ended the game . . . I kept telling my Boy that we may be witnessing Dak's balls dropping . . . He may have actually blossomed into a football player.

Of course credit to the coaching but I give all the Credit to Dak

It may be a New Day. . .

NVMe_Zo

Reaction score

- Gallup back on track?

Great post, always like to see what people think after they have watched the game. I would also like to add this…
I agree with your first half quick take, penalties are an indication of two things: a team is poorly coached or a team is really tired.
As fans we like to believe that these athletes that get paid millions shouldn’t get tired because this is what they do! So we tend to go with “poorly coached/unprepared team”. That’s lazy and unfair! Put yourself in their position, they just mollywhopped a better than average borderline elite football team in the Minnesota Vikings and with a quick turnaround played a rival divisional opponent that is built to beat 3 teams (Phili, Wash, and our Dallas Cowboys). Our guys beat the ish outta the Vikings and even though they made it look easy, they went hard **! to make it look easy. So they probably didn’t have much in the tank, coaches included (they put in over 80 hrs a week game planning, if not more). Our guys rebooted at halftime and did what they do best nowadays and that’s dominate as a team! I’m positive the Colts will be a tough game early on as well, but as long as the Cowboys keep it close I believe we stomp their ***** too.

NVMe_Zo

Reaction score
I don’t know why they didn’t expect the Giants to put up a fight, it’s a division game, it’s always a fight ugly game

Exactly!!! One thing the avg Cowboys fan seem to not understand is that every team is built to win their division first. Thats why most teams don’t do well against out of conference opponents, teams don’t build and game plan very much against those teams. Key games against big time opponents are different but that’s about it.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Great post, always like to see what people think after they have watched the game. I would also like to add this…
I agree with your first half quick take, penalties are an indication of two things: a team is poorly coached or a team is really tired.
As fans we like to believe that these athletes that get paid millions shouldn’t get tired because this is what they do! So we tend to go with “poorly coached/unprepared team”. That’s lazy and unfair! Put yourself in their position, they just mollywhopped a better than average borderline elite football team in the Minnesota Vikings and with a quick turnaround played a rival divisional opponent that is built to beat 3 teams (Phili, Wash, and our Dallas Cowboys). Our guys beat the ish outta the Vikings and even though they made it look easy, they went hard **! to make it look easy. So they probably didn’t have much in the tank, coaches included (they put in over 80 hrs a week game planning, if not more). Our guys rebooted at halftime and did what they do best nowadays and that’s dominate as a team! I’m positive the Colts will be a tough game early on as well, but as long as the Cowboys keep it close I believe we stomp their ***** too.
Thank you for your thoughts, always nice to have a civilized relaxed discussion between fans.

And I partially agree, it's not all on coaching. But there are penalties and there are penalties. I never played (american) football on a regular basis, but in soccer for example, there are some penalties you just don't do. They happen, but then they're pure indiscipline. And in my humble opinion, most pre snap stuff belongs in that category. Holding on the other hand or PI's must be really frustrating for the players I guess (and for us fans too lol), since they're being interpreted so differently by the refs all the time.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Well with the Giants offensive offensive line 3 starters short I was a little surprised. I think the coaches do A good job at halftime making adjustments. Dak has been brilliant for a couple of years but injuries have been the problem. There are those who don’t want to believe that but I think it’s demonstratable. Dak is going to be our starting quarterback with a new extension contract in two years.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dallas's defense is the reason we are in the position we are in now. The defense wins games.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Teams with great DTs are going to slow down the Cowboys offense and defense. See Tampa games for example.
You’re not gonna get any better than what the Giants did to us. Less you face Donald. You’re looking at something that isn’t there.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Teams with great DTs are going to slow down the Cowboys offense and defense. See Tampa games for example.
I’m sick of Tampa Bay game. That was an entire ridiculous preseason game. Yes that’s what it was.
You’re going to have to explain how someone else is. Defensive tackle is going to slow down our defense.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I’m sick of Tampa Bay game. That was an entire ridiculous preseason game. Yes that’s what it was.
You’re going to have to explain how someone else is. Defensive tackle is going to slow down our defense.
Well if they learned from it then fine. Probably costs us the division win, but heck, ever since they're doing a good job all in all. To be honest I don't even think about that game anymore. The loss against Aaron Rogers, excuse me, Green Bay just stings and will continue to do so for quite some more time. But I guess it had to be that way. Would have rather beat them 40-3 and lost to the Vikings. But that's just me. Words just can't describe how much I despise this guy, lol. :D:mad:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t know why they didn’t expect the Giants to put up a fight, it’s a division game, it’s always a fight ugly game
I assume you mean the fans, and not the team who didn't expect a fight? I'm sure the team knew they were getting the Giants' (or what was left of the Giants) best game.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I assume you mean the fans, and not the team who didn't expect a fight? I'm sure the team knew they were getting the Giants' (or what was left of the Giants) best game.
Giants mistakes going forward on fourth down, even though they have a possible chance of making it. They totally lost momentum after that Elliott had a great game Pollard they were waiting for him.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly!!! One thing the avg Cowboys fan seem to not understand is that every team is built to win their division first. Thats why most teams don’t do well against out of conference opponents, teams don’t build and game plan very much against those teams. Key games against big time opponents are different but that’s about it.
Sorry, but I have to argue this point. In intraconference games, neither team has the advantage of familiarity over the other team, so that, in and of itself is no reason to not do well against them. If what you meant by that is that you're less likely to have close, hard fought games, then I'd agree with that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

- Gallup back on track?
I loved ferguson's catch and run. the jump was awsome, but he barreled into the defender at the end. attacking him, instead of the otherway around. I thought that was even more impressive.

Jake Ferguson Embarrasses Defender - YouTube

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Giants mistakes going forward on fourth down, even though they have a possible chance of making it. They totally lost momentum after that Elliott had a great game Pollard they were waiting for him.
I looked at that as paying us back for being just as stupid at the beginning of the game. In fact, we had 4th and 4 and went for it, so we were even stupider.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I loved ferguson's catch and run. the jump was awsome, but he barreled into the defender at the end. attacking him, instead of the otherway around. I thought that was even more impressive.

Jake Ferguson Embarrasses Defender - YouTube
Hahaha, thanks for the video. Yeah, he banged into that second defender and got 2 more yards in the process. Just too cool. If Zeke or Tony need a rest, use him as the 3rd RB. :D

I'm so proud of all our TE's yesterday. What a group if they can keep it up.