Some areas why the team struggled in close games

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We had problems stopping the run. When you can't stop the run, teams eat up clock, defense is out there too long.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Coaching to me. How many times in the past couple of years have we played close games. Or gone down big in a game and then come all the way back to lose a close game. Or played teams we should have beat close. Prime example was last year, all those games we had a chance at winning. Win even one or two of them and were in playoffs. We've always had talent, we've drafted pretty well. In a sport where coaching matters the most we haven't had it.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It will become extremely apparent to all of us, except one person, that Garrett was a woefully under qualified coach and teacher.

Therefore he could not help improve players, correct bad habits or teach good habits. Nor could he correct bad strategy or formulate a winning plan to begin with.

He is and was very bad.

DanA

Reaction score
It will become extremely apparent to all of us, except one person, that Garrett was a woefully under qualified coach and teacher.

Therefore he could not help improve players, correct bad habits or teach good habits. Nor could he correct bad strategy or formulate a winning plan to begin with.

He is and was very bad.

I thought our players generally did a reasonable job developing. But the game management and cookie-cutter next man up approach was woefully bad.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I thought our players generally did a reasonable job developing. But the game management and cookie-cutter next man up approach was woefully bad.

Maybe improve players was the wrong word. You summed up better what I wanted to say.

Cmac

Reaction score
Play-calling, lack of adjustments, unmotivated, slow players, dumb decisions, not focused, predictability, Jarwin on the sidelines, inconsistency, unaccountability, …...

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Why did we struggle in close games? Or in any games? Over the last decade?

source.gif