Lacks Consistency
Poor Practice Habits
Plays Down To Level Of Competition
Prima donna
Lack of Discipline
Lacks mental toughness
Lack of heart
Lack of desire
Team that spends a 1st round pick on him had better have long-term job security and a lot of tolerance for prima donna's

Martellus Bennett:

Arrogant
Immature
Not a great team player
High Maintainace
Will need monitoring
Lacks discipline
selfish
Concerns about work ethic

Yikes! Really sounds like Jerry nailed some guys who love themselves a little more then they love the game of football.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Guess I'm the only one concerned about this! lol

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I was never a fan of Mike Jenkins for that reason. Chief said even his position coach in college said he was lazy in an interview he heard, and college coaches hardly ever talk bad about their kids. He was supposedly horrible his junior year and benched for the bowl game.

Bennett has always had a reputation of being a loudmouth.

SDogo

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2055231 said:
I was never a fan of Mike Jenkins for that reason. Chief said even his position coach in college said he was lazy in an interview he heard, and college coaches hardly ever talk bad about their kids. He was supposedly horrible his junior year and benched for the bowl game.

Bennett has always had a reputation of being a loudmouth.

Your not making me feel any better. lol

We need someone wearing those rose colored glasses to reply.:eek::

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Sweet.

I was not crazy about either of the last 2 picks (especially trading up to get Jenkins) but this seals it.

Cason over Jenkins anyday, everyday. And Bennett was a pure luxury pick, especially with the real need at WR.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I never played in the nfl but I played tennis footbal and basketball up until I wrecked my shoulder/knee. My point isn't how awesome I was, point is I played down to ever single person I ever competed with. I also played up to them. That's a bull**** label people that couldn't compete throw at guys.

other than that I got nothing to say

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2055146 said:
Martellus Bennett:

Arrogant
Immature
Not a great team player
High Maintainace
Will need monitoring
Lacks discipline
selfish
Concerns about work ethic

I don't know where you're getting your info from, but you couldnt be more wrong. Bennett is a workaholic.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Never read any of that about Jenkins, not a good thing to hear...Perhaps that might explain why there was more excitement about the San Diego pick at #27 of Cason instead :confused:

SDogo

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2055290 said:
I don't know where you're getting your info from, but you couldnt be more wrong. Bennett is a workaholic.

PFW, Mel Kipers Draft Guide...........2 sources that are used to exhaustion around here when someone wants to support a player.:rolleyes:

sago1

Reaction score
I can't believe Jerry & our scouting department didn't know that kind of stuff about these 2 guys. But I know they had Bennett in (don't remember if they did same with Jenkins) so maybe both will realize the NFL is the big game in town & they better bust their chops cause they'll face better competition then they've ever seen. Also understand that most all our players are very hard working types; that should rub off on both players or else some of our players will ensure it does.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
FCBarca;2055291 said:
Never read any of that about Jenkins, not a good thing to hear...Perhaps that might explain why there was more excitement about the San Diego pick at #27 of Cason instead :confused:

A couple pf weeks ago Jenkins was the DB everyone was talking about, and poor work habits was never mentioned.

Coaching and getting paid to play will cause him to mature. I think it is a great pick, and I can see him contributing a lot this year, and starting next year.

SDogo

Reaction score
FLcowboy;2055344 said:
A couple pf weeks ago Jenkins was the DB everyone was talking about, and poor work habits was never mentioned.

Coaching and getting paid to play will cause him to mature. I think it is a great pick, and I can see him contributing a lot this year, and starting next year.

I don't really mind the pick, never expected him to be there for us to be honest. The labels just concern me but I'm hoping it's a product of being a college kid.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
FLcowboy;2055344 said:

Not to sure about that. There was plenty said about his inconsistency, soft tackling, off field issues and such. Jenkins was once ranked the top CB in the draft, albeit early in the postseason. But his character issues and his exaggerated height/speed caught up with him.

At this point, one can only hope.