Some disrespectful Madden ratings

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
ok all i care about and im sure 99% of this board is what Daks rating is and if under the clutch section its greater than 80

Top 10 quarterbacks

1. Patrick Mahomes (Kansas City Chiefs) - 98
  2. Joe Burrow (Cincinnati Bengals) - 95
  3. Josh Allen (Buffalo Bills) - 93
  4. Lamar Jackson (Baltimore Ravens) - 91
  5. Justin Herbert (Los Angeles Chargers) - 88
  6. Dak Prescott (Dallas Cowboys) - 87
  7. Jalen Hurts (Philadelphia Eagles) - 87
  8. Aaron Rodgers (New York Jets) - 86
  9. Kirk Cousins (Minnesota Vikings) - 84
  10. Tua Tagovailoa (Miami Dolphins) - 83

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree on McLaurin and Hop.....but Kupp? seriously?
If he's not elite, who is?
His production was not elite last year..he only played 9 games but even when he played it wasn’t elite. He was not better than Lamb last year.

jsb357

Reaction score
What does a video game know. Nothing.
So, yeah, I don't care.
who knows?

maybe vegas and fantasy football gurus uses these numbers until the seasons gets rolling to set various O/U lines and such?

more likely bragging rights

DFWJC

Reaction score
His production was not elite last year..he only played 9 games but even when he played it wasn’t elite. He was not better than Lamb last year.
Come on MC....
Sure his production was elite.

On a per-game basis, it was better than Lamb in every way.
I'm a Lamb fan but that's just how it was.

Kupp's per-game stats last year were
  • Kupp 8.3 rec/gm (Lamb was 6.3)
  • Kupp 90.2 yards/gm (Lamb was 79.9)
  • Kupp 9.1 yards/target (Lamb was 8.8)
  • Kupp .67 TDs per game (Lamb was .53)
  • Kupp catch % was 73.0% (Lamb was 67.2)
Both were very strong, but Kupp was better in every measurable way.

And I don't need to mention what he did the year before, being a once-a-decade WR winning a triple crown

calicowboy54

Reaction score

Top 10 quarterbacks

1. Patrick Mahomes (Kansas City Chiefs) - 98
  2. Joe Burrow (Cincinnati Bengals) - 95
  3. Josh Allen (Buffalo Bills) - 93
  4. Lamar Jackson (Baltimore Ravens) - 91
  5. Justin Herbert (Los Angeles Chargers) - 88
  6. Dak Prescott (Dallas Cowboys) - 87
  7. Jalen Hurts (Philadelphia Eagles) - 87
  8. Aaron Rodgers (New York Jets) - 86
  9. Kirk Cousins (Minnesota Vikings) - 84
  10. Tua Tagovailoa (Miami Dolphins) - 83
man i feel like he’s been stuck at 87 for the last 4 years on madden.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Come on MC....
Sure his production was elite.

On a per-game basis, it was better than Lamb in every way.
I'm a Lamb fan but that's just how it was.

Kupp's per-game stats last year were
  • Kupp 8.3 rec/gm (Lamb was 6.3)
  • Kupp 90.2 yards/gm (Lamb was 79.9)
  • Kupp 9.1 yards/target (Lamb was 8.8)
  • Kupp .67 TDs per game (Lamb was .53)
  • Kupp catch % was 73.0% (Lamb was 67.2)
Both were very strong, but Kupp was better in every measurable way.

And I don't need to mention what he did the year before, being a once-a-decade WR winning a triple crown
His biggest games came in losses….Lamb did all of his production in big games while starting his season off slow. Lamb was Bette to me.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which ratings are disrespectful? Hopefully Mukuamu shows his rating is low by EOS, but the guy does still need to actually show it on the field first. A 90 WR is pretty rare and most of the league doesn't have one....really that WR trio is probably among the best in the game.

Hooker/Kearse/Wilson are all really good players, but I wouldn't call any of them elite.... I think they all have elite traits, but as all around players that 80-85 range sounds about right to me.
So you believe the Cowboys don't have a top 25 safety and CeeDee Lamb isn't a top 10 WR?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s unfair. Gallup is lucky to be in the 80’s after last season and not sure why Tolbert deserves anything.

Three solid safeties, and that is what is reflected. No Woodys or rookie Roy Williams on our roster.

If Madden AI gives points for team cohesion and consistency, defense should be rocking by now.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
So you believe the Cowboys don't have a top 25 safety and CeeDee Lamb isn't a top 10 WR?
Lamb is a fringe top 10 guy IMO so no I don't think having him ranked 11th is disrespectful. I think they could take the Lamb, Cooper, McLaurin, Hopkins group and put them in pretty much any order you want and not get much of an argument from me. Personally I'd put lamb over Dhop and maybe cooper, but it's splitting hairs.

To say the Cowboys should have a safety in the top 25 is a better argument, but still it's pretty close. Safety is a really deep position these days, especially with so many teams playing with three of them these days. I don't think the Cowboys have an elite can't live without type of player there, the strength of the S position for them is the depth and the fact that they have three really good ones. Based on last season Hooker had a really underappreciated year I could easily see him being top 25, but he also doesn't have the year over year history of success to automatically be ranked at the top. If he picks up where he did last season he probably gets bumped up a few points by week 6.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamb is a fringe top 10 guy IMO so no I don't think having him ranked 11th is disrespectful. I think they could take the Lamb, Cooper, McLaurin, Hopkins group and put them in pretty much any order you want and not get much of an argument from me. Personally I'd put lamb over Dhop and maybe cooper, but it's splitting hairs.

To say the Cowboys should have a safety in the top 25 is a better argument, but still it's pretty close. Safety is a really deep position these days, especially with so many teams playing with three of them these days. I don't think the Cowboys have an elite can't live without type of player there, the strength of the S position for them is the depth and the fact that they have three really good ones. Based on last season Hooker had a really underappreciated year I could easily see him being top 25, but he also doesn't have the year over year history of success to automatically be ranked at the top. If he picks up where he did last season he probably gets bumped up a few points by week 6.
A top 25 safety doesn't make the player elite. There aren't 25 elite safeties in the league.

To say that Kearse, Williams and Hooker are all outside the top 25 is moronic and laughable.

But you do you, bro.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
A top 25 safety doesn't make the player elite. There aren't 25 elite safeties in the league.

To say that Kearse, Williams and Hooker are all outside the top 25 is moronic and laughable.

But you do you, bro.
I don't know the exact number, but I'd assume there are probably 75 safeties that received 500+ snaps last year. Elite is a loose usage of the word I'll give you that, but top 25 is still in the top 1/3rd of the league, and all three of these guys are still in the top 30 so they're still in the top 40% of guys getting regular snaps, which isnt bad. As I said I'd even put Hooker in my top 25, but you're splitting hairs....It's kind of like the Dak debater where some people rank the guy in the top 10, some closer to 20.....realistically in the NFL for most years anywhere from #7-15 the QB play is pretty similar and those guys are interchangeable with each other.

As far as the Madden rankings it's easy to say someone should be in the top whatever, but who are we taking out?

The guys ranked right ahead of Hooker are Kyle Williams, Darrick Forrest, Vonn Bell, Jabrill Peppers, Marcus Maye, Kamren Curl, and Jevon Holland.

I'd probably put Hooker ahead of Bell & Forrest, but again we are really splitting hairs.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I was responsible for rating the players in a few sports games and I got a lot of heat for some of my choices. That is not an easy job and it's really difficult to avoid being biased. One of the titles I worked on was an NFL game (before Madden was excusive) and I have to admit that some of the Cowboy players were suspiciously rated a little high. They were winning something called a super bowl back then, so no one really questioned that too much. It was more my lower rankings of certain other players.