Some FAs Dan Quinn may be interested in bringing to Dallas

75boyz

Reaction score
no one says that really, perhaps a bit of exageration....but its an evaluation process. there is aboslutley no denying our defensive evaluation process sucks. we sign Poe, Mccoy, Worley and Griffin and get nothing. other teams sign players for similar amount of money and get so much more...why is that?

now, players with injury history, specially Achilles heel worry me.....

No idea why you didn't receive more likes but solving the mystery of poor defensive player evaluation for the last 10 or more years ranks right up there at the core of this team's dysfunction along with culture, coaching and contracts. Outstanding post.

Carson

Reaction score
Which ones will sign for the vet min? That’s our likely target.

Kazee. Coming off an injury. He will likely sign for a one year, prove it deal. Malik Hooker may get a few more million based of where he was drafted.

foofighters

Reaction score
New Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn has a reputation as a guy players like playing for. He’s energetic and approachable and based on some recent history, enjoys a level of loyalty from former players.

Question: Will Dan Quinn be interested in recruiting some defensive free agents to Dallas that are both impactful and at a price Stephen Jones won’t balk at? Here are some possibilities based on Quinn’s time both in Atlanta and Seattle:
  • Safety Damontae Kazee- 27 year old S who had 8 Int’s in 2018 for Atlanta. He was a 5th round pick in 2017 and started most of his time in Atl. Unfortunately, he had an Achilles injury that ended his season in Oct of last year. If healthy, Kazee is an upgrade for sure from Xavier Woods.
  • CB Richard Sherman- 33 year old former All Pro who starred for Quinn in the “Legion of Boom” days in Sea. I’m not normally a big fan of signing FAs who are on the tail end of their careers, but Sherman is a guy who can be a locker room leader and have a positive impact on the culture. He’s not as good as he once was but he’s still better than most of what we have. He’s probably a future HOFer. If his price is right, I would be interested.

• Safety Keanu Neal- 25 year old former 1st round pick in Atl. The Falcons exercised their 5th year option on him last year. He is an outstanding tackler but not as much of a ball hawk. Avg speed but hits like a freight train. Had a torn ACL in 2019 but did return in 2020. Probably a more refined Donovan Lewis type, so we may not be interested for that reason.

• DE Charles Harris- 26 year old former 1st round pick of the dolphins, Harris was traded to the Falcons in 2020 as an edge rusher. Had 3 sacks last year in 13 games, but has certainly underachieved for a 1st rounder. He does have talent though. Not that intriguing to me though.

• CB Shaquill Griffin- 25, has played hist first 4 yrs in Sea. Never played for Quinn in Sea but comes from a familiar system. Griffin was a 3rd round pick in 2017. He made the ProBowl in 2019 and has 6 INTs in 4 years. I would be very interested in this guy in free agency.
Who knows if any of these guys will end up here but it is certainly a possibility the way free agency usually goes. Many FAs like to play for coaches they know and in systems they have had success with. We might see a couple of them land here.
To everyone saying no, they need to understand that our D is trash. Like ex-girlfriend trash. The players you suggested above may not be superstars but they are good enough to shore up some serious need and at least put the team in a position to have some success. If we can get good deals on them, why not? It's better than we currently have by a fair margin.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
To tell you the truth I am not not a big fan of him but we have no way but up.
Dallas issue is not one good coordinator or player away from greatness you fix one another one will appear we have a long way to go.