News: Some good news on DiNucci

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Training Camp | 2021
Presented by

Battlegrounds: DiNucci A Candidate For No. 2 Job?
Jul 23, 2021 at 09:00 PM
j0qfgomedkisfzypkuyj.jpg

Kyle Youmans

On-Air Host / Producer

aanywhdebhjsfakhgcxb.jpg

Straight from the campgrounds in Oxnard, don't miss any developments surrounding the Cowboys' preseason and training camp position battles.

July 23

Mike McCarthy said Friday that second-year quarterback Ben DiNucci has put together an impressive offseason and may have closed the gap in the backup competition.

"I thought definitely he was one of the top guys in the offseason program as far as weight gain and strength gains in that particular area," McCarthy said. "We've just got to get him playing with a little more patience and a little more confidence."

kskboys

Reaction score
I still have hope. Dude was rawer'n sushi coming in, and got no TC last year. Should've never played, no matter what.

He's got some skills which we could observe at some point if he is able to make the transition to the speed/complications of the pro game.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
We shouldn't judge him for that one game. He shouldn't have been in that game in the first place. A raw rookie with no training camp going up against a good defense, he had no chance at all.

Oh! You'll have to change your user name after this season. ;)

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I called it much earlier in some thread that I think DiNuccci will be number 2 to start the season. Some people laughed.

I think he possibly has the physical ability. He just needs the reps to process everything with the required speed. I am learning piano. You got to get the mental part down first before the physical part of hitting the keys sounds decent. Once it clicks mentally, the physical part comes quickly if the talent is there.

csirl

Reaction score
We dont really have a backup? On most teams, the motley collection of camp QBs we have would be competing for #3 QB, not #2 QB.

johneric8

Reaction score
I seem to remember a kid named Aikman getting blasted by the Reggie White and company and looking like a pure bust at the QB position. Instead of dismissing Ben after one horrible game we should at least have a bit more patience. Even though some of you hate on Big Mike McCarthy, he is a pretty good QB evaluator and knows his stuff.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We shouldn't judge him for that one game. He shouldn't have been in that game in the first place.

Exactly. If Romo had been thrown out there his rookie year people would've wanted to cut him, too.

Romo sat for 3 whole years before we saw him, for a reason. He wasn't close to NFL ready coming out of Eastern Illinois.

Whether DiNucci can grow as Romo did, I don't know. But it makes sense to keep working with him, despite the presence of the legendary Garrett Gilbert, he of seven teams in seven years and one NFL start.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hes gotta be related to someone cause watching him throw the ball isn't how he got on this team

The college film on him looked pretty good. What he showed in his one start last year looked very bad.

The CAA Offensive Player of the Year at James Madison completed 268-of-378 attempts for 3,441 yards and 29 touchdowns with six interceptions his senior year, so he did something right. Let's hope that he can develop back into that on a much higher level.

Loso86

Reaction score
He can "close the gap" in the backup competition because "the gap" was huge. Still doesn't mean he is close to getting that job.
Smh it's meant to be a positive post......man lol