Image: Some great ones in this picture

terra

Reaction score
Dandy Don would be in that picture if he was still alive.

But really the Cowboys have had better QB on average than any team in the last 60 years as far as I am concerned.
Eddie Lebaron to Don Meredith to Craig Morton to Roger Staubach to Danny White to Troy AIkman to Tony Romo to Dak Presscot.

You look hard and there have only been maybe a dozen years total where we had poor QB play. Just before Troy and just after him were the worst periods.

I cannot see any other franchise over the last 60 years that matches that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If someone who wasn't familiar with American football were to look at this picture, they'd probably find it hard to believe they all played the same position.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FDcULspX0AUSqxG

ModEdit: Replaced non-official tweet with actual image which was easy to do and made it possible to post here.
Romo looks fat and Troy looks drunk.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Roger is listed at 6’ 3” but looks no taller than 6’ 1” in that photo. Dak and Romo are listed at 6’ 2” and both look taller than Roger. Saw Roger standing next to Aikman one day and he looked about 3 inches shorter than Troy. You can lose some height as you age. A friend of mine told me he lost a full inch and a half since the last time his height was measured.

Reactions: BAT

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jason Garrett is the poster child for went wrong with the head coaching position and general roster building after 1995.

I wouldn’t go that far. There was Chan Gailey, Dave Campo and Wade Phillips. None of them were good head coaches. Wade couldn’t even win with John Elway as his QB. As soon as the Broncos dumped Wade they started winning Super Bowl’s. Wade Phillips couldn’t buy a break as a head coach. He was on the losing end of the music city miracle. Had the Cowboys had a better coach in 2007 they could’ve won the Super Bowl. No one prepared a team worse for the playoffs than Wade Phillips. Cabo anyone? Lol

RaZon

Reaction score
What other franchise can match that gang in quantity and quality at the QB position? Is it possible?

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I wouldn’t go that far. There was Chan Gailey, Dave Campo and Wade Phillips. None of them were good head coaches. Wade couldn’t even win with John Elway as his QB. As soon as the Broncos dumped Wade they started winning Super Bowl’s. Wade Phillips couldn’t buy a break as a head coach. He was on the losing end of the music city miracle. Had the Cowboys had a better coach in 2007 they could’ve won the Super Bowl. No one prepared a team worse for the playoffs than Wade Phillips. Cabo anyone? Lol

Yet Wade had more playoff wins than all of those buffoons put together.

Including your precious Jason Garrett.

So much gaslighting in that post it's ridiculous.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
How did this franchise only win 5 super bowls?

Dolphins had Dan Marino for 17 years and never won one, even when he had Shula as coach.

So, a) it's not an easy thing to do and b) it takes more than a great quarterback.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yet Wade had more playoff wins than all of those buffoons put together.

Including your precious Jason Garrett.

So much gaslighting in that post it's ridiculous.

I’m no Jason Garrett supporter I was on board with firing him just like everyone else but Wade Phillips was an even worse head coach in my opinion. You need to get your facts straight, Garrett won 2 playoff games and Wade only won one. He couldn’t even win a playoff game with John Elway. He was so soft his training camps were called camp cupcake. :laugh: He allowed Romo and Jason Witten to go to Cabo a week before a playoff game. What head coach does that? When Tampa had an opening for their head-coaching position several years ago, Wade was supposed to interview for the job but he backed out saying he wasn’t good head coach. He admitted he wasn’t a good head coach. Wade was such a crappy head coach the Cowboys quit on him causing him to get fired during the season. He’s the only head coach the Cowboys have ever had that got fired during the season. Case closed!