Some of these apps don't calculate the tip correctly

HungryLion

Reaction score
This post does remind me of my grandmom though.

she used to always tip 15% exactly. She would literally pull out change and leave coins to make sure the tip was exactly 15%. As opposed to just rounding out to the next dollar.

Lol it was hilarious.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This post does remind me of my grandmom though.

she used to always tip 15% exactly. She would literally pull out change and leave coins to make sure the tip was exactly 15%. As opposed to just rounding out to the next dollar.

Lol it was hilarious.

I'm like that, except with 20%. If 20 percent comes out to $5.91, I tip exactly that. I don't round down to $5.90; I don't round up to $6.00. Twenty percent. On the nose. But I don't normally pay in cash.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, I treat food delivery tipping differently. It is more for my convenience than a percentage of food at a sit down restaurant. I may tip the driver 10 bucks in a 10 dollar bill because of that convenience.
From 2000-2005 as a part-time job I was a pizza delivery guy. So many people did not understand how the tipping thing worked for drivers. I would deliver pizza in thunderstorms, ice storms, or whatever nature could throw at me. I would have a $30 order and I would get a $1 tip while it was raining buckets, and this was before the pizza chains instituted a delivery fee (which the driver did not get). When the delivery fees kicked in it really screwed the drivers because a lot of people assumed it went to the drivers; which it did not. Now the drivers are getting paid like wait staff instead of minimum wage, which is even worse.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The whole "tip" culture needs to be done away with. Stop making it the responsibility of the customer to determine an employees wages. Pay them a fair wage and get rid of bias from the server as well as the customer.

They could do that, but it would be worse. Your 10 dollar mean would go up to 18 dollars. Most likley service would get worse because you couldn't have a full staff during down times and pay them that fair wage to wrap silverware in napkins. Then you would have to raise the wages of the cooks and such and so on.

I don't actually know if this is true, just my thoughts

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The whole "tip" culture needs to be done away with. Stop making it the responsibility of the customer to determine an employees wages. Pay them a fair wage and get rid of bias from the server as well as the customer.
A few places did that, and eventually the servers were against it as their overall pay went down.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
They could do that, but it would be worse. Your 10 dollar mean would go up to 18 dollars. Most likley service would get worse because you couldn't have a full staff during down times and pay them that fair wage to wrap silverware in napkins. Then you would have to raise the wages of the cooks and such and so on.

I don't actually know if this is true, just my thoughts
It seems that most other businesses have figured out how to do this without having to tip. Like every fast food place for example. Sure, the prices might go up slightly, but I would rather that.