Some of y'all will never get it

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Hire this coach! Sign this free agent! Draft this guy! It's not about a guy here or there with this team, it starts at the top. It's a dysfunctional organization.

Jerry and Stephen Jones are unique. No other NFL team has the owner as GM and his son as Director of Player Personnel. This has been the arrangement in Dallas for 28 years. They have won four wild card games. That's it. That's all they have to show for it. They've fired more head coaches than playoff wins in that time.

Take a good hard look. These are the masterminds you're counting on after 28 years of trying. If you weren't a Cowboys fan, you'd laugh at them. They're a joke.

They aren't going to suddenly figure it out, they aren't going to quit while the money still rolls in, so accept 12-5. It's as good as it is going to get. Enjoy.

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
An owner with final say is not new.

A owner's child in an executive position is not new.

An executive in charge of the scouts, in constant communication with the coaching staff, and under an owner who is final say is nothing new.

McClay is not called general manager and the owner is but that is really window dressing. Lurie, the Maras, Snyder before he got canned, and many other clubs have the same arrangement presented above but without the window dressing.

I also see very few discussions of how they lead to this insurmountable obstacle. The 500 lbs Gorrilla in the room is that Jerry has won multiple Super Bowls. The already specious reasoning becomes blatantly absurd.

Jerry has his problems but he contributes as well. He is not going anywhere so I see no point to whining about it much less to start doomcasting because of it.

ShiningStar

Reaction score

An executive in charge of the scouts, in constant communication with the coaching staff, and under an owner who is final say is nothing new.

McClay is not called general manager and the owner is but that is really window dressing. Lurie, the Maras, Snyder before he got canned, and many other clubs have the same arrangement presented above but without the window dressing.

I also see very few discussions of how they lead to this insurmountable obstacle. The 500 lbs Gorrilla in the room is that Jerry has won multiple Super Bowls. The already specious reasoning becomes blatantly absurd.

Jerry has his problems but he contributes as well. He is not going anywhere so I see no point to whining about it much less to start doomcasting because of it.

how many does he have without sb winning coaches?

in fact, name a franchise that has fired more than 2 SB winning coaches?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Why does the answer to that question matter?

And :laugh: How many SB has he won without a SB winning coach? Really?

I

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
as always you dodge the question.

thanks for playing.
My not answering your question only means you remain ignorant. If you want to make an argument go right ahead. At this point all we can conclude is that you don't like me.

What will I do?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
My not answering your question only means you remain ignorant. If you want to make an argument go right ahead. At this point all we can conclude is that you don't like me.

What will I do?

all you answered is you dindt like being challenged. answer the question, there is no need to say anything negative about me. i did not attack you. I am not ignorant of anything, asked you a question, you refuse to answer

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
all you answered is you dindt like being challenged. answer the question, there is no need to say anything negative about me. i did not attack you. I am not ignorant of anything, asked you a question, you refuse to answer
I am not going to engage in your argumentative style sorry. You could try a different approach like making the argument about SB winning coaches without my input.

I am not going to help your argument. Deal with it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
oh noes, you totally blocked my point. since you know, you dodged spun rinse and repeat. its ok, we all know the dance you do
You have a point?

You asked a question that was not answered. Complained about it to and now claim victory.

No point though.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hire this coach! Sign this free agent! Draft this guy! It's not about a guy here or there with this team, it starts at the top. It's a dysfunctional organization.

Jerry and Stephen Jones are unique. No other NFL team has the owner as GM and his son as Director of Player Personnel. This has been the arrangement in Dallas for 28 years. They have won four wild card games. That's it. That's all they have to show for it. They've fired more head coaches than playoff wins in that time.

Take a good hard look. These are the masterminds you're counting on after 28 years of trying. If you weren't a Cowboys fan, you'd laugh at them. They're a joke.

They aren't going to suddenly figure it out, they aren't going to quit while the money still rolls in, so accept 12-5. It's as good as it is going to get. Enjoy.

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg
Same ole story regurgitated for the billionth time.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Well said FuzzyLumpkins.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score

Only one NFL team that I can think of has fired "more than 2 SB winning coaches".

That would be your Dallas Cowboys. Landry, Johnson, Switzer. Although you could argue that both Johnson and Switzer technically resigned, but since both were still under contract, they would have had to retire or be fired.