Some perspective people

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
We still control our own destiny to win a division and face it, even getting to the post season will have to be considered a bonus this year given we switched to a QB who had never thrown a pass before the Houston game.

Detroit, should be a win. Therefore we are at least 9-7.

Philadelphia and NY Giants play each other, one has to lose unless there is the rare tie.

Giants play New Orleans and if the Saints play like they did tonight against the Giants, the Giants will have at least 7 losses.

Our magic number for the post season is two and three for a division.

Quit panicking.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1225039 said:
We still control our own destiny to win a division and face it, even getting to the post season will have to be considered a bonus this year given we switched to a QB who had never thrown a pass before the Houston game.

Philadelphia and NY Giants play each other, one has to lose unless there is the rare tie.

Giants play New Orleans and if the Saints play like they did tonight against the Giants, the Giants will have at least 7 losses.

Quit panicking.

sorry, but just "making" the playoffs isnt any improvement with all things considered, including the QB change

this is year 4 of Parcells...we've got a vastly upgraded roster...we shouldnt be thinking about ways to just get in and think thats progress...we also shouldnt be witnessing the kind of debacle we saw tonight on our own homefield with so much at stake

David

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
dbair1967;1225044 said:
sorry, but just "making" the playoffs isnt any improvement with all things considered, including the QB change
the hits keep on coming.

this is a belly laugher.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
dbair1967;1225044 said:

this is year 4 of Parcells...we've got a vastly upgraded roster...we shouldnt be thinking about ways to just get in and think thats progress...we also shouldnt be witnessing the kind of debacle we saw tonight on our own homefield with so much at stake

David

Exactly...........the bar has been raised

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
It's obvious were on the same bandwagon about the Coaching staff and I agree backing in is no way to get ther and I agreee even more tonight should have never happened but you know what, I'm so starved for even a glimpse of what could be I'll take a playoff birth anyway I can get it and then gladly walk Parcells and Zimmer off the cliff myself.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1225044 said:

David

Exactly. Save your "soft bigotry of low expectations" for politics, not football. This was a shocking, inexplicable, indefensible loss considering what was at stake and how long Bill's been around. The offense was sleepwalking and the defense couldn't stop simple passes in the flat, medium routes, or jump balls. A complete abortion on both sides of the ball.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Is this loss any more significant in terms of the overall picture than the win in Carolina or NY?

Why is it that losses are always considered bigger than wins?

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1225064 said:
Is this loss any more significant in terms of the overall picture than the win in Carolina or NY?

No..............Its just that it is about time we start expecting more from this team.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

you have to take into account when things happen and how as well

and we had some sort of flukey loss like vs Washington or something that might have been one thing

but this...this shows something is entirely still wrong here

David

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
We had a flukey loss against Washington and this place was nuts, Parcells was senile, the defence sucked bag etc.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
dbair1967;1225076 said:
you have to take into account when things happen and how as well

and we had some sort of flukey loss like vs Washington or something that might have been one thing

but this...this shows something is entirely still wrong here

David
and there is "something entirely still wrong" with the COLTS & PATS too right as they got clobbered today.

you guys are an antidote for losing... the belly laughs supplied are nonstop

too bad were in 1st place in the East and in control of the division, etc. the haters will have to suck that down another week or three.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
chinch;1225081 said:
and there is "something entirely still wrong" with the COLTS & PATS too right as they got clobbered today.

you guys are an antidote for losing... the belly laughs supplied are nonstop

too bad were in 1st place in the East and in control of the division, etc. the haters will have to suck that down another week or three.

I see. We're "haters" because we notice things. Brilliant. Did you WATCH the freaking game, you pathetic sheep? WE sure did.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
dbair1967;1225044 said:
...we've got a vastly upgraded roster..
David

I'm not sure you can make this statement based on their performance. Maybe the roster has only been slightly upgraded and we the fans exaggerate the abilities of draftees and free agent acquisitions.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score

Quit panicking.

if we lose saturday, we become 2nd in the division with a divisional game up after that.

it's all in the balance now.

saturday is a big night if this team wants to make noise this january.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score

I dunno if I buy this.

The win in New York had most slotting us as the best team in the NFC.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
bottom line, we lose Saturday, I don't think we even make the playoffs. we just have too many things going for us. We lose, the winner of the NY/PHI game is in first place. If ATL beats us and wins out, we're out of any tiebreakers, and ATL gets the final spot because of the head to head if it comes down to that. I'm not confident right now that we'll even make the playoffs. I don't think defensively, our guys have the guts to make it happen.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
bbgun;1225059 said:
Exactly. Save your "soft bigotry of low expectations" for politics, not football. This was a shocking, inexplicable, indefensible loss considering what was at stake and how long Bill's been around. The offense was sleepwalking and the defense couldn't stop simple passes in the flat, medium routes, or jump balls. A complete abortion on both sides of the ball.

The low expectations argument is just bs. In the end, it matters not whether I expect them to win out, lose out, am satisfied with making the playoffs or only with a SB because nothing I do or say will have any impact whatsoever on the wins or losses.

Haley94

Reaction score
What was the last team to get blown out in December and go on to win a Superbowl?

I already checked New England, Pittsburgh and Tampa.

This defeat was very disheartening.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score

Quit panicking.
You do realize if we lose on Saturday that we lost our lead in the NFC East and when it comes down to tiebreakers we'll end up on the outside looking in.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
dbair1967;1225044 said:

David
Kinda makes you think that what's holding us back is coaching, eh?