Some perspective people

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1225064 said:
Is this loss any more significant in terms of the overall picture than the win in Carolina or NY?

Why is it that losses are always considered bigger than wins?
Why? Because right now our division record is putrid and the teams we're losing to may very well end up with the same record as us and will hold the tiebreaker over us for playoff seeding.

I'd have much rather lost to a Tampa or Detroit than teams we're going to be competing with for playoff spots. At least then you don't have to worry about your playoff birth coming down to a loss earlier in the season.

When we're losing to teams that we're fighting with for a playoff spots those are HUGE losses.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1225079 said:
We had a flukey loss against Washington and this place was nuts, Parcells was senile, the defence sucked bag etc.
Uhh, that comment about the defense held true yet again tonight.

We're paper champions on D.. not when it actually counts for something.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
The_Jackal;1225086 said:
I'm not sure you can make this statement based on their performance. Maybe the roster has only been slightly upgraded and we the fans exaggerate the abilities of draftees and free agent acquisitions.
When we have a constantly changing roster personnel wise and yet we get the same results as when we had mediocre players then it gets to a point where you need to start pointing fingers on the coaching staff because something isn't right.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
bbgun;1225085 said:
I see. We're "haters" because we notice things. Brilliant. Did you WATCH the freaking game, you pathetic sheep? WE sure did.
Let's see how much he's laughing if we happen to lose to Atlanta and end up missing out on the playoffs due to the tiebreakers.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
From the great words of the great Godfather Bill Parcells, "you are what you are" and right now, we are a POS. Parcells' has been given the money, the groceries, the kitchen, the pots and pans, and in 4 years, he's still in the stinking kitchen and all he's made of this defense is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

This guy has done nothing but yap yap yap! It took him his 3rd year before he changed to a 3-4 and drafted 3-4 personell. He's tried to get too cute in the draft by passing on runners in order to get extra picks instead of taking the best runner available.

Then he gets 2 number 1's and instead of just snagging Merriman and then trying to get a FS or something, he out smarts the world and picks Ware (who I actually like but he's no Merriman). And instead of getting a good FS or WR, he picks a guy you can get this type of player in the 3rd or 4th round ( no offense to Spears )

Then he refuses to play Henson, so we waste another year with Vinny and then Bledslow.

He then drafts an OLB who was consisdered a late 1st rounder (even though I liked the pick at the time but I'm no draft guru) while guys like Mark Anderson/ Manny Lawson are having good years or atleast starting. And in the second round, once again Parcells tries to outsmart the world by drafting a nobody TE instead of a Tackle or Guard, and now Bledsoe and Romo are running for their lives.

Bill MUST GO!!!! HE'S DONE NOTHING.

Capt.Gut

Reaction score
After that big win in NY an all the media praise we were getting I feared we would play the game like we did last night. This is a young team and they got overconfident. The game was won big by us before play even started The Saints????
The Saints were hungry and hot. The bad coaching also didn't help. Our team is not so good that we can expect a win if we don't show up on sundays.

Anyway. After got kicked in the rear I think we will beat Atl convincingly on Saturday. We will come out and will make up for the bad loss this week.