Some positive notes from what I am hearing at camp

kskboys

Reaction score
I guess if you are enamored with Schultz that much you might think that but there is just no way they are going to be playing that much "12" personnel set. That means taking one of the big 3 WRs off the field. It's just not that more advantageous to operate that way.
More like if one is enamoured w/ Jarwin that much. Schultz is the better every down player.

JBS

Reaction score
You guys are talking about taking one of Cooper , Gallup, or Lamb off the field to run a 2 tight end set

no thanks

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I've often wondered if certain draft prospects get extra points if their fathers were in the NFL and especially if they are juniors. I'm not saying it's being done deliberately but i could see it done subliminally. Could it be a "star power" thing, something that will make them more popular with fans?

Could it be that the Cowboys got one of the best CB's in Joseph, one that was more under the radar?

From all reports Surtain is killing it in Denver. Certainly being around the game your whole life with a personal coach who has been there & done that is a huge advantage. Teams rightfully feel these guys are safer picks.

I don't think Joseph was under the radar at all he just didn't have the resume with a short college career and questionable behavior to boot. If not for those, I think he would have gone in the first as well. The talent was evident, it just wasn't as proven as you would like to draft in the first.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You guys are talking about taking one of Cooper , Gallup, or Lamb off the field to run a 2 tight end set

no thanks

they can't be on the field for every play. you have talent across the board, use it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
More like if one is enamoured w/ Jarwin that much. Schultz is the better every down player.
Tell that to the coaching staff that just released the depth chart that disputes what you are saying. Jarwin is listed as our starting TE while Shultz is the backup TE. ;)

kskboys

Reaction score
Tell that to the coaching staff that just released the depth chart that disputes what you are saying. Jarwin is listed as our starting TE while Shultz is the backup TE. ;)
We shall see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coult44

Reaction score
How’s our 40 million dollar QB doing?

He’s having a great camp. Looks like his cannon has more “umph” , continues to be a great leader, is in tremendous shape and it shows, comes in early and stay late, been kicked out of the film room after 10pm, and is being smart about a little soreness he felt last week. He said he was gonna give it until after the HOF game to rest because he had thrown so much, and I agree that is the smart thing to do.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I know some will take issue with this comment, but Joseph was the better fit then both Horn/Surtain. He has the speed, athleticism and the ball skills to become a true #1 Corner. He can matchup with the so called speed receivers, where the other two seem to be more like Diggs who can matchup with the so called big X receivers.
Nice take . . . you may be correct with the speed assessment

NotForLong

Reaction score
Jarwin and Schultz are book end TEs IMO, both have different skill sets, Jarwin if healthy can exploit matchups on deeper routes, but Schultz could start on most teams.

Both together bring a different dimension to the offense and ability to successfully execute a 12 personnel.

I dont know why every player in your opinion has to be greater or less then their immediate comp,, doesnt mean that because Jarwin has better skill sets in certain areas that Schultz will never see the field.

The value in a 2 TE set. 12 personnel is having 2 TEs that can actually succeed and have the fundamental skill sets together to exploit.

If Schultz gets traded, and I doubt it than so be it but better get
something coveted in return.

Having both Jarwin and Schultz together is a huge bonus to this offense, and the flexibility advantage takes nothing away from being stacked at WR, just adds to it.

Who cares what anyone thinks of Jarwin > Schultz,, why do you get stuck on these comparison values?
Exactly