Some positive notes from what I am hearing at camp

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
McGovern is our primary interior backup, *and* he played a year of center in college. It's a no brainer to train him up in C too.
WOuld it be better for Steele to be C? Knight? Ball?
Maybe they really like Farniok.
MM doesn't seem to agree with you. McGovern is training as a backup guard, not a center. They have been training Williams to be the backup center. I even saw they were giving Farniok a few snaps at center. They must have seen something at one point with McGovern at the center that they didn't like.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Noah Brown was my pet cat in 2017 when he was drafted in the 7th round. Many don't want him and say what you will but my man has been stickling like Velcro now going into his fifth year. I think he stays.
Brown isnt going down without a fight, I know he has that in him and why I believe in him as well.
Something is going to break at the WR4/5 though, with Fehoko size and speed, and several others they are giving that a strong look in this camp.
Brown and Wilson are far from safe.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Brown isnt going down without a fight, I know he has that in him and why I believe in him as well.
Something is going to break at the WR4/5 though, with Fehoko size and speed, and several others they are giving that a strong look in this camp.
Brown and Wilson are far from safe.

I can see them keeping 6 WRs this year as the offense will feature 3 WRs. Think we're only keep 2 RBs.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
McGovern got reps at left guard only because Williams was taking reps at center.

fivetwos

Reaction score
MM doesn't seem to agree with you. McGovern is training as a backup guard, not a center. They have been training Williams to be the backup center. I even saw they were giving Farniok a few snaps at center. They must have seen something at one point with McGovern at the center that they didn't like.
That's what I thought was happening also.

McGovern is much more of a center than Williams is, having at least played some there in college.

But...if McGovern wins the starting LG job, Williams would need to play center if they want to avoid swapping two spots for one due to injury mid game.

I don't even know if that's a big deal.

In the end they are probably just hoping for some versatility, but in no way would I trust Williams making 40 shotgun snaps a game absent dire emergency.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes less calm down on the secondary and highlight reel catches all because of bad qb play, Thursday night will be a better test of these players,,

I mean its great our war can make these catches but wouldnt have to if they were on target,, cbs well until they are in real test with qb and we trying to beat them and have the ability to challenge them, ill wait for the anointing oil..

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I guess if you are enamored with Schultz that much you might think that but there is just no way they are going to be playing that much "12" personnel set. That means taking one of the big 3 WRs off the field. It's just not that more advantageous to operate that way.
It's all about being able to do more things on the field. It's easier to run when you have an extra blocker on the field as you would when you put another TE out there. If they can't catch, the defense can key in on what you are likely going to be doing. If they can catch though, then the defense can't do that. Could be a run, could be a pass, they don't know. Schultz showed last year that he could play, he can catch and block. I'm not completely sold on Jarwin, he's caught and blocked in the past, just not shown up consistently. He's basically had one good game. He didn't have much of a chance to show anything last year. I'm hoping he comes back and can be that dynamic TE that the past coaching staff thought he could be.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That's what I thought was happening also.

McGovern is much more of a center than Williams is, having at least played some there in college.

But...if McGovern wins the starting LG job, Williams would need to play center if they want to avoid swapping two spots for one due to injury mid game.

I don't even know if that's a big deal.

In the end they are probably just hoping for some versatility, but in no way would I trust Williams making 40 shotgun snaps a game absent dire emergency.
They are looking for versatility on the O-line. McGovern is the backup G, Williams is the backup C, Martin is the backup RT.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's all about being able to do more things on the field. It's easier to run when you have an extra blocker on the field as you would when you put another TE out there. If they can't catch, the defense can key in on what you are likely going to be doing. If they can catch though, then the defense can't do that. Could be a run, could be a pass, they don't know. Schultz showed last year that he could play, he can catch and block. I'm not completely sold on Jarwin, he's caught and blocked in the past, just not shown up consistently. He's basically had one good game. He didn't have much of a chance to show anything last year. I'm hoping he comes back and can be that dynamic TE that the past coaching staff thought he could be.
:lmao: That's so hilarious. The way you reimage events in a different way than they really happened. Hit me up when it's storytime again. I'm in!

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am sorry but I don't trust Tyron to stay healthy, we better hope someone like Ball to step up from game 1.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
:lmao: That's so hilarious. The way you reimage events in a different way than they really happened. Hit me up when it's storytime again. I'm in!
What a well thought out response. Hit me up when...actually, don't. Ever.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
OFFENSE:
CeeDee Lamb
Dalton Schultz
Tyron Smith
Michael Gallup
* Noah Brown

DEFENSE
Randy Gregory
Michah Parsons
Trevor Diggs
Kelvin Joseph
Donovan Wilson
Nahshon Wright
LVE
Anthony Brown
Quinton Bohanna
* Damonte Kazee
Forgot to mention CeeDee, he is looking like a Dez in camp, many Wow plays!