Some quick thoughts about Guyton

cnuball21

Reaction score
Trading down and getting Guyton plus a 3rd is good.

Taking a top 5 defender in the draft would’ve been great.

tm1119

Reaction score
They were willing to take DE Darius Robinson though.
DE is a pretty obvious need. Armstrong and Fowler played a lot of snaps last year and there have been 0 replacements added. Not to mention there’s a good chance this will be DLaw’s last year. The cupboards are pretty bare at a very important position

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Trading down and getting Guyton plus a 3rd is good.

Taking a top 5 defender in the draft would’ve been great.
We both knew they couldn't take BPA after the offseason they just had, almost had to draft for need.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
DE is a pretty obvious need. Armstrong and Fowler played a lot of snaps last year and there have been 0 replacements added. Not to mention there’s a good chance this will be DLaw’s last year. The cupboards are pretty bare at a very important position
As we discussed, he would of been a good underrated selection.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
And Guyton it is. I’m not the biggest fan of the guy, because physically I expect to see a more dominant player. But you can’t deny the traits, the athleticism. I think his transition to the left side is going to be fine from a pass pro standpoint. But he’ll need to develop in the run game.
I with you, my hope is that the positional group with make him into a hard worker to reach that potential. I was encouraged after I heard his interview, came across more humble then what I expected. We do have Zach, Tyler, Steele who are excellent workers, perhaps they can convince him to hire Mayweather with his development as all three already work with him.

Carson

Reaction score
Who cares. Make a strength an elite strength.

It also gives you financial flex in the future at a premium position.
They cared. If they thought different that’s the route they would have taken.

Pay attention to them. Dallas lets you know months in advance who they want. It doesn’t matter what blue chip falls into your lap. They are going with their guy

Just like tonight. Brooks and Trevin Wallace will be two of the three picks

cnuball21

Reaction score
They cared. If they thought different that’s the route they would have taken.

Pay attention to them. Dallas lets you know months in advance who they want. It doesn’t matter what blue chip falls into your lap. They are going with their guy

Just like tonight. Brooks and Trevin Wallace will be two of the three picks
Yea, and that’s why they continue to get fleeced in the draft just about every year bc they are clueless as it relates to taking the top talent and how it impacts roster building.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They could have they just refused to…maddening.
They rarely never draft for BPA, but rather BPA at a need position. We heard they had 3 main targets before the draft, their plan was to land 1 of them. I don't like the strategy, but they put themselves in this situation by doing nothing in fa.

Carson

Reaction score
Yea, and that’s why they continue to get fleeced in the draft just about every year bc they are clueless as it relates to taking the top talent and how it impacts roster building.
How were they fleeced last night?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I would've preferred to stay put and draft Arnold. I'm not even considering need this year... 2024 is a teardown season. Over the next four years, Arnold will probably provide more value than Guyton and a 3rd rounder. I'm just not a Guyton fan.

With that said, I do like that the FO was able to trade down and get a nice extra pick for a player we were sitting dead-red on anyway.

cnuball21

Reaction score
They rarely never draft for BPA, but rather BPA at a need position. We heard they had 3 main targets before the draft, their plan was to land 1 of them. I don't like the strategy, but they put themselves in this situation by doing nothing in fa.
Which is why plugging holes in FA is so important…frustrating.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DE is a pretty obvious need. Armstrong and Fowler played a lot of snaps last year and there have been 0 replacements added.
Williams is ready. Fehoko too. Plus a draft pick tonight or tomorrow.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I would've preferred to stay put and draft Arnold. I'm not even considering need this year... 2024 is a teardown season. Over the next four years, Arnold will probably provide more value than Guyton and a 3rd rounder. I'm just not a Guyton fan.

With that said, I do like that the FO was able to trade down and get a nice extra pick for a player we were sitting dead-red on anyway.
This is how I feel. Guyton and adding a 3rd is solid.

Taking a stud CB that falls and turning your CB room into arguably the best in football is epic. Thats without even getting into the financial flex it gives you having a stud CB on a rookie deal.