Some quick thoughts about Guyton

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Not a fan of the player, but he is now a Cowboy and I will be pulling for him. Guyton and and extra top 100 pick makes the selection more comfortable to me. If they were going to draft a developmental guy like him, Mims or Kingsley getting that extra pick was necessary. This move keep Tyler at guard, pay no attention he will be playing next to Martin, Cowboys will transition him to LT and keep Steele at his true position of RT

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
he was my 10th best OT but at least they got a better pick in the 3rd. I really think the Packers screwed their plans by drafting Morgan at 25. They tried to get fancy and it backfired. It would have been twice as stupid if they stayed put and drafted Guyton at 24.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
And Guyton it is. I’m not the biggest fan of the guy, because physically I expect to see a more dominant player. But you can’t deny the traits, the athleticism. I think his transition to the left side is going to be fine from a pass pro standpoint. But he’ll need to develop in the run game.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not a fan of the player, but he is now a Cowboy and I will be pulling for him. Guyton and and extra top 100 pick makes the selection more comfortable to me. If they were going to draft a developmental guy like him, Mims or Kingsley getting that extra pick was necessary. This move keep Tyler at guard, pay no attention he will be playing next to Martin, Cowboys will transition him to LT and keep Steele at his true position of RT
I would have preferred Kingsley who is a safer day 1 projection even though he still needs some development too

Here is a thought though, whats to stop them from moving Tyler to LT, keeping Guyton at RT, and either playing Bass at LG or drafting/signing someone. 29 isnt too high for an RT IMO

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I would have preferred Kingsley who is a safer day 1 projection even though he still needs some development too

Here is a thought though, whats to stop them from moving Tyler to LT, keeping Guyton at RT, and either playing Bass at LG or drafting/signing someone. 29 isnt too high for an RT IMO
Terrence Steele. Got paid nuff to be our RT.

Bluefin

Reaction score
There's no telling how things will shake out by the time we get to September, but many have surmised the Cowboys' preference will be to keep Tyler Smith at LG with a new C and LT to avoid having newbs playing next to one another.

Tyler Guyton was definitely selected to be our new LT, there's just no way to predict how quickly he'll adapt to playing in the NFL.

Just hoping they're right again.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Terrence Steele. Got paid nuff to be our RT.
Terence Steele's playing for his job this season.

His 2024 $7.25M base salary is already guaranteed, which usually means it will be converted to a signing bonus in order to create salary cap space.

Dallas elected to not go this route and pretend to be "cap strapped" after years of making such moves.

Steele's $13.25M base salary in 2025 will convert to fully guaranteed (injury only right now) if he's on the roster March 17th next year.

If he doesn't get back on track this season, they might say goodbye in '25.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Terence Steele's playing for his job this season.

His 2024 $7.25M base salary is already guaranteed, which usually means it will be converted to a signing bonus in order to create salary cap space.

Dallas elected to not go this route and pretend to be "cap strapped" after years of making such moves.

Steele's $13.25M base salary in 2025 will convert to fully guaranteed (injury only right now) if he's on the roster March 17th next year.

If he doesn't get back on track this season, they might say goodbye in '25.
All the better.

Brooksey

Reaction score
He'll need a camp to develop and be your starting LT on day 1, probably be great as a rookie.

He's got some mean nasty to his game and Elite at pass protection. I liked Mims but Guyton is better then Kingsley

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Steele’s contract is stopping them! I wanted no part of a developmental tackle at 24, but if they would get another pick, I was more comfortable doing so, just don’t trade that pick away!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He'll need a camp to develop and be your starting LT on day 1, probably be great as a rookie.

He's got some mean nasty to his game and Elite at pass protection. I liked Mims but Guyton is better then Kingsley
My hope is our group is a bunch of hard workers, hopefully he follows suit. Would love them to convince him to hire Mayweather to help with his development as I have more faith in him then our coaches

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Steele’s contract is stopping them! I wanted no part of a developmental tackle at 24, but if they would get another pick, I was more comfortable doing so, just don’t trade that pick away!
No Ill start with I think they should do and what they ever would do are two totally different things! But what I would do is ride Steele's contract out for a year as a swing OT, take the hit after 2024 and cut him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
No Ill start with I think they should do and what they ever would do are two totally different things! But what I would do is ride Steele's contract out for a year as a swing OT, take the hit after 2024 and cut him.
I think there is an out after 2 seasons. Their hope that he returns to form a year after his surgery. His play did get better later in the season. Unless he is awful, they aren’t going to have him as a reserve player with that contract. Management has already come out the Guyton is going to play LT