Some "REAL" Realism

bsheeern

Reaction score
Ex. A:Jeff Hostetler
Ex B:phil Simms
They both won Superbowls under Bill Parcells.
Ex C:Kurt Warner
Won a Superbowl after not playing FOOTBALL for several years
Ex D: Trent Dilfer
Ex E: Doug Williams
Ex F: Brad Johnson
Never did anything before their Superbowls and haven't done anything since

The fact of the matter is It doesn't take a Dan Marino or Brett Farve or Roger Staubach to win a Superbowl. We can type till our fingers bleed about Drew Bledsoe being this or that, or not being able to do this or that. He's not going to be as good as most people want but on the other hand He's no were near as bad as some would like to think. If most NFL coaches had a choice of who they would pick, I'd bet Bledsoe would beat out most of the above QB's hands down. He only needs to Lead this team in one place and that's the offensive huddle. He finished 8-8 last year with a team that most of us would have bet a weeks salary on to finish near the bottom of the NFL. If you think He's the reason they finished better that predicted your wrong. It was because They had a strong running game the second half of the season and when you can control the game like that, then you usually win.
I think we'll have that strong running game and a good defense to boot. Better than last years Defense that cost us about 3-4 games easily. Bledsoe will be an upgrade over Vinny and there isn't one other position on the field that I look and and say to my self "Man I wish we still had so and so" or "We would be a lot better if we hadn't let so and so get away" And no you count count Woody because he didn't even play last year.
Don't loose sight of the fact that with Troy Hambrick and QC in the Backfield Parcells took this team to the playoffs a couple years back. Oh yeah we had the number one defense that year. Well I'm not dumb enough to believe that Woody, and that "Right Conerback" that we had from that year can't be replaced and we can return to the NFL's elite on Defense.
I predict no Worse than 8-8 and no better than 12-4.
You may now shoot holes through my thoughts and mispellings.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
good post hopefully soem people will actually read this post and stop there whinning

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I think you are very right. I'm a supporter of Bledsoe, because IMO he gives us the best signal caller we've had since Aikman retired. It's not saying much, but it's a start. I think 10-6 would be very reasonable, because theres one thing our defense needs, and that's experience. But I agree, you dont need a superstar QB to win, it just helps.

Hoov

Reaction score
Yes, Good points. i was discussing the same thing with someone i met last night. though he is not a cowboys fan, we were discussing the many "average" QB's who won SB's while on a good team.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bsheeern said:
The fact of the matter is It doesn't take a Dan Marino or Brett Farve or Roger Staubach to win a Superbowl.
That is true and those are some great examples. However, most on that list are one time winners. It takes a a better than average QB to win multiple super bowls. Just pointing out something that crossed my brain while I was reading. Good thoughtful post!

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
That is true and those are some great examples. However, most on that list are one time winners. It takes a a better than average QB to win multiple super bowls. Just pointing out something that crossed my brain while I was reading. Good thoughtful post!

Bledsoe isnt her to win multiple SB, But all of those QB's have on thing in common, they were asked to drive the bus, to rely on the team around them, and not carry the team by themselves, which is what were asking of Bledsoe.

jay cee

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Bledsoe isnt her to win multiple SB, But all of those QB's have on thing in common, they were asked to drive the bus, to rely on the team around them, and not carry the team by themselves, which is what were asking of Bledsoe.
Good point. Who would be complaining if Bledsoe can drive the bus for a couple of seasons and the cowboys win a superbowl with a great running game, and defense.

Then Romo or Henson takes over the reigns, and continues to play at the same level, or even a little better.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I agree 100%, great post. Why is it that people want to sling barbs at Bledsoe, but do not recognize that he threw for over 4300 yards two years ago when he had two legitimate receivers and a tight end. And frankly, I'd take Key, Glenn and Witten over Moulds, Price and Riemersma.

But your point stands, Bledsoe doesn't have to carry this team. We don't need the Bledsoe of 2002 to make a run, he just needs to drive the bus, because this defense is going to be scary good.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I will never forgive Parcells for introducing "Bus Driver" to football discussion.

Parcells >>> :spanking: <<< Me

jay cee

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I will never forgive Parcells for introducing "Bus Driver" to football discussion.

I don't care what they call him, as long as he helps the team win.

Sifillest

Reaction score
i wouldnt take any receiver in football that year over price and moulds as a tandem with D Bled.....unlesss its marvin harrison....but altogether he has a better team this season wit dallas than he did that season....

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Why because you want a Peyton Manning, a Donvan Mcnabb, were the team wins and loses because of the QB, sorry but i'll take a bus driver every year, bus drivers have won the SB the past 5 years,

yes i'm saying tom Brady is a bus driver, he relys on the team around him, he will step up and make the play but he does not game after game carrythe team, thats the Defense's job.

bsheeern

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Why because you want a Peyton Manning, a Donvan Mcnabb, were the team wins and loses because of the QB, sorry but i'll take a bus driver every year, bus drivers have won the SB the past 5 years,

yes i'm saying tom Brady is a bus driver, he relys on the team around him, he will step up and make the play but he does not game after game carrythe team, thats the Defense's job.
I'll agree with Brady being a Bus Driver type QB. He's the Best of this era.

jimmy40

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
good post hopefully soem people will actually read this post and stop there whinning
Coming from one of the biggest homer whiners on the forum that doesn't mean much.

jimmy40

Reaction score
bsheeern said:
Ex. A:Jeff Hostetler
Ex B:phil Simms
They both won Superbowls under Bill Parcells.
Ex C:Kurt Warner
Won a Superbowl after not playing FOOTBALL for several years
Ex D: Trent Dilfer
Ex E: Doug Williams
Ex F: Brad Johnson
Never did anything before their Superbowls and haven't done anything since

The fact of the matter is It doesn't take a Dan Marino or Brett Farve or Roger Staubach to win a Superbowl. We can type till our fingers bleed about Drew Bledsoe being this or that, or not being able to do this or that. He's not going to be as good as most people want but on the other hand He's no were near as bad as some would like to think. If most NFL coaches had a choice of who they would pick, I'd bet Bledsoe would beat out most of the above QB's hands down. He only needs to Lead this team in one place and that's the offensive huddle. He finished 8-8 last year with a team that most of us would have bet a weeks salary on to finish near the bottom of the NFL. If you think He's the reason they finished better that predicted your wrong. It was because They had a strong running game the second half of the season and when you can control the game like that, then you usually win.
I think we'll have that strong running game and a good defense to boot. Better than last years Defense that cost us about 3-4 games easily. Bledsoe will be an upgrade over Vinny and there isn't one other position on the field that I look and and say to my self "Man I wish we still had so and so" or "We would be a lot better if we hadn't let so and so get away" And no you count count Woody because he didn't even play last year.
Don't loose sight of the fact that with Troy Hambrick and QC in the Backfield Parcells took this team to the playoffs a couple years back. Oh yeah we had the number one defense that year. Well I'm not dumb enough to believe that Woody, and that "Right Conerback" that we had from that year can't be replaced and we can return to the NFL's elite on Defense.
I predict no Worse than 8-8 and no better than 12-4.
You may now shoot holes through my thoughts and mispellings.
How many of those QBs on your list threw 4 interceptions in the Super Bowl like Bledsoe did?

btcutter

Reaction score
The BIG IF is if the defense can gel and play like we expect them to. I am not sure how quickly the D can become a very good 3-4 D. The entire season rests on the developement of the Defense.