Some "REAL" Realism

btcutter

Reaction score
bsheeern said:
I'll agree with Brady being a Bus Driver type QB. He's the Best of this era.

I for one disagree that Tom Brady is a bus driver type QB. They had no marquee RB or WR in the first two yrs that they won the SB. They had a great D. Hell, so did most SB winners. You can't win a SB without a decent D. Brady carried the Patriots, like it or not. He doesn't get flustered under pressure like Manning. He more accurate than McNabb and he doesn't throw INT's like Favre. Just because he's not flashy doesn't mean he's just a bus driver. I take Brady over any QB in the NFL right now.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Why because you want a Peyton Manning, a Donvan Mcnabb, were the team wins and loses because of the QB, sorry but i'll take a bus driver every year, bus drivers have won the SB the past 5 years,

yes i'm saying tom Brady is a bus driver, he relys on the team around him, he will step up and make the play but he does not game after game carrythe team, thats the Defense's job.
Tom Brady is not a bus driver. That is just plain out there.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hostile said:

The notion that Tom Brady is "just a bus driver" is something that is desperately needed to keep some people grounded. That way, we can just have hope spring eternal that any old guy we scoop up from the waiver wire can win a championship if we just give him "help".

If Tom Brady is a bus driver, so was Troy Aikman.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Really so Tom doesnt go out there and relyon his running game, his Dto win the game, every night Tom is post 200+ yards 5 TD'slike Peyton, no, Tom is no fantasy QB HE'll have a 150+ day with 2 TD, and win the game, why because of his defense because of the running game, He is a bus driver he guides the team down the field taking time off the clock, if hedoesnt win the SB nonody knows his name, Tom brady is a bus driver

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Really so Tom doesnt go out there and relyon his running game, his Dto win the game, every night Tom is post 200+ yards 5 TD'slike Peyton, no, Tom is no fantasy QB HE'll have a 150+ day with 2 TD, and win the game, why because of his defense because of the running game, He is a bus driver he guides the team down the field taking time off the clock, if hedoesnt win the SB nonody knows his name, Tom brady is a bus driver
That isn't what a "bus driver" is at all. You're talking fantasy football.

bsheeern

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Every QB that has ever played in the NFL is a Bus Driver. Plain and simple. Some drive fast some drive slow. Some save the tires for the end and some use them up early trying to put distance between their team and the opposition. I myself prefer the Cool, Calm, and Collective QB's as a Aikman or Brady, who master the art of accuracy and leadership, versus a Vick or McNabb who are Jack of all trades but not master's of any.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Hostile said:
That isn't what a "bus driver" is at all. You're talking fantasy football.

no i'm talking bus dirver all he does is run the offense how may time is he askerd to carry the team to victoryall they ask of him is to dois not turnover the ball and the defense does allt he work, without their defense this team woudl not have ever won a SB, He's never been MVP he hasnt even been to the pro bowl if he has been the guy that carries this team then why does he get any of the NFL aclades, he goes out and does his job, drives the bus.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
There is considerable evidence that if you get the Quarterback position addressed early, then your team should be in a good position to contend for a title for a good deal of time.

Dont take my word for it.

IT'S THE QUARTERBACK STUPID!!!

My premise is, you need to either have a strong quarterback or a great defense to constanlty be in the hunt for a title.

Look at all the Super Bowls and Playoff Games the Cowboys have won or played in.

We went to battle with a QB we drafted or one that spent most of his career in our System probably over 90% of the time.

History repeats itself. Besides the Chicago Bears, the Cowboys have started more quarterbacks than anybody since 2000.

We have suffered from poor direction in the Front Office, but I think not having the QB position sewed up is the real reason.

Personally, until we get some young guys with high pedigree leading the team, I think we will be 2nd and 3rd fiddle to teams like the Eagles, Patriots, Falcons, Colts etc etc.

This team is perfect for a young guy like Romo or Henson to step in and start learning.

Unfortunately, Tom Brady wont be appreciated until he is long retired. He is a future hall of fame that has the "intangibles" guys like Mel Kiper Jr. cant measure. This guy is far from being a bus driver and I would take him over Manning any day of the week.

- Mike G.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sorry, but why can't I have both. As a cowboys fan, that is the standard I'm used to having. We have had GREAT QB's and GREAT TEAMS around them.

Why do we either have to have a Bus Driver and a great team, or a great QB who has to carry the team.

Oh yea, cause Bill says a bus driver is the way to go. Then BP gets ALL the credit for the wins, doesn't he:) It's all about the EGO boys.

bsheeern

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
There is considerable evidence that if you get the Quarterback position addressed early, then your team should be in a good position to contend for a title for a good deal of time.

My premise is, you need to either have a strong quarterback or a great defense to constanlty be in the hunt for a title.

Look at all the Super Bowls and Playoff Games the Cowboys have won or played in.

We went to battle with a QB we drafted or one that spent most of his career in our System probably over 90% of the time.

History repeats itself. Besides the Chicago Bears, the Cowboys have started more quarterbacks than anybody since 2000.

We have suffered from poor direction in the Front Office, but I think not having the QB position sewed up is the real reason.

Personally, until we get some young guys with high pedigree leading the team, I think we will be 2nd and 3rd fiddle to teams like the Eagles, Patriots, Falcons, Colts etc etc.

This team is perfect for a young guy like Romo or Henson to step in and start learning.

Unfortunately, Tom Brady wont be appreciated until he is long retired. He is a future hall of fame that has the "intangibles" guys like Mel Kiper Jr. cant measure. This guy is far from being a bus driver and I would take him over Manning any day of the week.

- Mike G.
I completely disagree about Tom Brady. How many Superbowls do you think Peyton would win if he played on the Patriots. Don't judge a player by the team he plays on. Put Brady on the Cardinals and I guarantee you he instantly becomes garbage. He's get beat up, sacked, throw for 335 yards 3 touchdowns and 3 INT's. He'd put op very good numbers, but at some point playing like that will catch up with you. That doesn't mean He's garbage, but I bet most people would judge him that way. Brady has the advantage of having a lot better defense and a lot better coaching staff in NE than Manning has in INDY.
There are very very very few teams that can win or have won a superbowl with a suspect defense. Football is a game of control. If your defense can control the opposing teams offense then 9 times out of 10 you'll be better off than if your Offense can control the other teams Defense. Look at what this team did with QC at the helm with a good defense. Hostetler, Simms, Johnson, Dilfer, Brady, Bradshaw, the list goes on of players that have won superbowls and never had to carry their team. McNabb, Culpepper, Vick, Manning, have yet to have the luxary of have the all around supporting cast that Brady currently has, but they are asked to carry their team week in and week out. Whens the last time McNabb, Culpepper, Vick, or Manning played bad and their team won. I can remeber several times when Brady put up very suspect stats and his team won!!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
no i'm talking bus dirver all he does is run the offense how may time is he askerd to carry the team to victoryall they ask of him is to dois not turnover the ball and the defense does allt he work, without their defense this team woudl not have ever won a SB, He's never been MVP he hasnt even been to the pro bowl if he has been the guy that carries this team then why does he get any of the NFL aclades, he goes out and does his job, drives the bus.
Unreal. Literally unreal.

bsheeern

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
How many of those QBs on your list threw 4 interceptions in the Super Bowl like Bledsoe did?
when your down 21 points you're likely to have to throw the ball more which will lead to more interceptions. That's a no brainer

twa

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:

- Mike G.

:hammer: The front office ignored the formula hoping to win another Superbowl and we are just now starting to come out of it.
While Bledsoe is not my first choice ,the group we have at Qb is better than we have had in years.....and are even fairly young.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
bsheeern said:
I completely disagree about Tom Brady. How many Superbowls do you think Peyton would win if he played on the Patriots. Don't judge a player by the team he plays on. Put Brady on the Cardinals and I guarantee you he instantly becomes garbage. He's get beat up, sacked, throw for 335 yards 3 touchdowns and 3 INT's. He'd put op very good numbers, but at some point playing like that will catch up with you. That doesn't mean He's garbage, but I bet most people would judge him that way. Brady has the advantage of having a lot better defense and a lot better coaching staff in NE than Manning has in INDY.
There are very very very few teams that can win or have won a superbowl with a suspect defense. Football is a game of control. If your defense can control the opposing teams offense then 9 times out of 10 you'll be better off than if your Offense can control the other teams Defense. Look at what this team did with QC at the helm with a good defense. Hostetler, Simms, Johnson, Dilfer, Brady, Bradshaw, the list goes on of players that have won superbowls and never had to carry their team. McNabb, Culpepper, Vick, Manning, have yet to have the luxary of have the all around supporting cast that Brady currently has, but they are asked to carry their team week in and week out. Whens the last time McNabb, Culpepper, Vick, or Manning played bad and their team won. I can remeber several times when Brady put up very suspect stats and his team won!!

We will have to differ then.

Brady has the intagibles that dont show up on stats sheets, just like Aikman did. He is just a cool customer under pressure and has all the attributes I would want in a Franchise Quarterback.

Manning just seems to be a different player when the stakes are higher. I watched him play horrible against Florida in College. I watched him get totally handled when that Tennessee team that was loaded with future pros got ripped to streds by Scott Frost and the Cornhuskers.

I dont understand how a quarterback can have the success Brady has and someone says he would be average on another team. He would be just as good as any other Quarterbacks that had to play for the Cardinals.

- Mike G.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
We will have to differ then.

Brady has the intagibles that dont show up on stats sheets, just like Aikman did. He is just a cool customer under pressure and has all the attributes I would want in a Franchise Quarterback.

Manning just seems to be a different player when the stakes are higher. I watched him play horrible against Florida in College. I watched him get totally handled when that Tennessee team that was loaded with future pros got ripped to streds by Scott Frost and the Cornhuskers.

I dont understand how a quarterback can have the success Brady has and someone says he would be average on another team. He would be just as good as any other Quarterbacks that had to play for the Cardinals.

- Mike G.
Pefectly said and I bet it will be completely ignored.

Not by me though.

:hammer:

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Not to defend or offend anyone.

But Tom Brady is a very good QB. He has all the intangibles. His athleticism is average, his arm is average, his touch is pretty good.

But he plays very well within the Pats system. Is that a "Bus Driver" ? Well Yes and No.

Yes, because he is not a great player that can single-handedly take over a game and put the team on his shoulders. But really how many QBs in history even greats can say that they could ? Maybe 5.

No, because the guy has proven to be a leader and proven that he can take the pressure situations and still come through with the play.

He makes great reads, understands his ability and seems to have developed relationships with his WR/TE/RBs that they also understand his capabilities.

A Bus driver IMO, isnt a leader, he is just a part of the offense. Ala Johnson, Dilfer, and others. Dont make the team lose and dont make the team win, just play the game. Brady does more than just play, he leads.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Proof that QB is the most analyzed and misunderstood position in the NFL.

And as I have heard most QB's and management say "They get too much credit for the wins and too much blame for the losses"

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
And as I have heard most QB's and management say "They get too much credit for the wins and too much blame for the losses"
Too true. However, there is a huge difference between a "Bus Driver" and a difference maker. Tom Brady is a difference maker.

Some QBs do this with their arm (Brett Favre, John Elway), some with their legs (Mike Vick, Steve Young), some with their head (Peyton Manning, Roger Staubach), and some with their coolness under fire (Tom Brady, Joe Montana), or just sheer toughness (Bradshaw, McNair). Just a few examples.

When a guy is a legitimate top 10 QB in the NFL he isn't a "Bus Driver" he's a difference maker. I'm not talking about blown up statistics by WCO and other offenses designed to feed the stat machine.

You take Tom Brady off the Patriots and put him on most teams in the NFL and he starts over the other guy. That isn't a "Bus Driver," that's a difference maker.

Parcells' definition has morphed into something he wasn't talking about at all. Hence why I posted my distaste for the phrase. Misinterpretation run amok.