Some Realism

ravidubey

Reaction score
Alexander said:
That is one excuse that is purely speculative.
What's far more speculative is to say age has caught up to Bledsoe, a QB, at age 33, which by most standards is the prime of a QB's career, or that age caused a collapse in his passing statistics from 2002 to 2003.

And the media isn't even blaming age for his noticable drop in production from 2002 to 2003! Their magic bullet is that he's always been a bad QB who holds the ball too long and never dumps off the football!! See, he was never any good and we were fooled-- this is what's called rationalizing and this is the flavor of Kool-Aid being served in Buffalo.

No one here has said he's physically a rookie, just that he still threw with zip all last year. Again, no one is saying this is the mid-1990's Drew Bledsoe. I can't write this enough-- Repeat this 100 times!
Alexander said:
It is not like he played with exactly the same team in Buffalo each year either. Some years he had Price and Moulds, others he did not.
This is the the point! One year he had Price and Moulds! Where are you getting "years from? See, it all blends together for the Bledsoe bashers-- he had one legit target in Moulds the last two years he was in Buffalo and this corresponds exactly with his drop in production. Arghh... too much logic... must.. bash...
Alexander said:
No, it isn't. It is a reasonable conclusion based upon a preponderance of the evidence.
"preponderance" ...? What is unreasonable is to utterly disregard a supporting cast when evaluating a player's performance. What is unreasonable is to fake a bunch of stats to support an agenda against the player (witness other thread). What is unreasonable is to suddenly after ten years claim a players' technique has never been right and oh, by the way that he never could win. What is unreasonable is to read too much into any support of Bledsoe.

Alexander said:
If the same comment was made regarding Bledsoe by the media and he played for the Commanders, I bet many would agree completely and fail to make as many excuses if the tables were turned.
No, I think many would worry that Washington landed a QB who was not a liability and actually had a chance to get Santana Moss the football (though they may not post that). Remember when Washington signed Brunell, people weren't happy as many here wanted Brunell.

Alexander said:
Emmitt Smith ran for 1000 yards three years ago. And that was with a poor surrounding cast. I don't want him carrying the football right now either.
Credibility pulled a Wile E Coyote and fell off a cliff. Quarterbacks and running backs age differently and even supposing all positions aged the same way you are comparing Emmitt at age 35 to 32 vs. Bledsoe at 33 to 30.

Alexander said:
But if this were Jonestown, there would be more than a few empty Dixie cups laying around.
This is an idiotic statement. You're implying Parcells and Jerry are trying to pull the wool over our eyes with Bledsoe-- that they are publicly saying he's in mid-90's form and we've bought the hook, line, sinker, rod, and net.

They've said nothing more than that they've brought veteran stability to the QB position!

Jersey

Reaction score
There's no need to use the "Bus Driver" label with Bledsoe. BP used it to tell a dopie QB not to screw up by forcing a poor throw or taking a dumb sack. Drew is too experienced for BP to tag him with this. They both understand what they are getting from each other.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Alexander said:
And my question is this--If we are looking for a Roethliberger, just hand the ball off and get out of the way-type, why not Henson? Is he that developmentally stunted?

Will Henson lead us to 15-1? If so, sign me up.

kartr

Reaction score
BP never meant 'bus driver' as a derogatory term for his QB. He simply meant that to play for him, a QB shouldn't try to do everything himself, just keep the mistakes to a minimum and lead scoring drives. He sees the QB position as a member of the team, not above the team. That term was never meant to be directed at any one QB.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
One player will make or break Bledsoes' tenure as a Cowboy:

Jason Witten

IMO. He is the key to this offense being successful. Not to take anything away from Jones and the WR corps.

I can only prey this is the case! Witten is one player I'm not worried about. I believe Ben Coates played an instrumental role in developing Witten... I think Drew and Jason will form a special bond.... Crayton, Copper, and Morgan is who I'm interested in.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Boy am I very thankful we have Bledsoe ... He'll be fine and will put up the best QB numbers in 8 years.