Some Romo facts

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;2314826 said:
Yeah, but he throws interceptions. We just can't have that here.

I mean, look at his road record. He's already lost two games on the road, probably more if those completions and TD's were interceptions and fumbles.

Romo is 17-4 last 2 years. I think thats pretty good.

Signed, Dave Campo

rexrobinson

Reaction score
CowboyMark;2314852 said:
Did they ever have 8 straight games with an int. Maybe manning and brady did but surely very early in their careers. Romo's team is way better than those teams.

Dude, Romo is still VERY early in his career. I don't care how long he sat on the bench, 30 starts is 30 starts.

Brady had an incredible team handed to him when Bledsoe went down but he still had to learn his position from experience not the film room. Romo is no different.

P. Manning had the monkey on his back for what 8 years? He got ZERO respect until he won the big one. Now no one remembers that they said the same things about P. Manning as they do about Romo.

And NO it is not different, these guys had great teams and they turned the ball over at critical times in big games. Remember the year the Colts won? Brady threw an interception near the end of the game that ended the season for the Pats.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Blows my mind how many fans have erased the Quincy, Vinny, Bledose years from their minds.

In just under three years, Romo has been close to incredible. 300 yard games are common place for him, TD-INT ratio is around 2-1, we're never out of a game because of him and people want him gone.

I don't get it.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Cowboyz88;2314940 said:
Blows my mind how many fans have erased the Quincy, Vinny, Bledose years from their minds.

In just under three years, Romo has been close to incredible. 300 yard games are common place for him, TD-INT ratio is around 2-1, we're never out of a game because of him and people want him gone.

I don't get it.

Great Post!

Romo has had BAD days and ended up with 300 yards passing. How quickly we forget just a few years ago...OR is it that a lot of people criticizing him now were not around to root our mediocre team on just a few years back?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
It's really funny - they are erasing 5-11 5-11 5-11

Parcels rebuilt this franchise and handed us Tony Romo! With a weak coach Romo NEVER would have gotten this shot here.

And he's lights out good. A few bad games happen and he is STILL Top 5 across board on most all QB stats and scoring 30 points a game.

Its almost comical! Circus back in town? - geez

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
In the spirit that the Saints played tonight, I've heard a lot of talk today about how Brees might be the league's top quarterback with Brady out (Brees' one career playoff victory notwithstanding).

Guess what? He has six interceptions this year (not to mention a losing record).

Not sure what my point is, other than that there's not a perfect QB in the league right now. Romo included. But he's darn good, among the best, gives us a chance to win every week, and if he plays his best in January, I have no doubt he can string together some playoff wins.

And by playing his best, I obviously mean reducing his number of turnovers. It's not like he's never gone without turning the ball over. He had a number of such games last year. He's just on a bad streak right now -- one that, undoubtedly, needs to end if he's going to get us to a Super Bowl.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Something else about Romo. We can all pretty much agree he was at his worst yesterday.

And he still had a 106 QB rating.

Again, what's my point? You know a QB is pretty good when, at his worst, he cracks a triple digit QB rating and gets a W.

gbrittain

Reaction score
zrinkill;2314317 said:
brady.jpg

Hey now didn't you just...in the other thread...you know...never mind.

Looks like you got Brady's back though.:laugh2:

MC KAos

Reaction score
its just kind of annoying that romo is good for one interception per game this year, and he makes some boneheaded plays that just leave you scratching your head. but he is still one of the best qbs in the league brett farve is still like that sometimes

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2314740 said:
Brees has huge stats tonight also.

And also 2 turnovers that have his team trailing, in spite of dominating.
Interesting you bring this up. The post game consisted of the espn crew bending over for Brees saying he had an unbelievable game, yet the guy loses.

OTOH, they say Romo basically sucked, yet he won. hmmm....

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This is the first thread I believe I've ever seen by Nors that had any merit at all. Good post.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
hes also something like 9-1 againts the AFC

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Somewhere Tony Romo totally gets he is to be judged on postseason. Just win games and get in the tournament.

My money has been on Romo back to 2003/04 all along. He is doing GREAT.