Some say Dak is elite and Saturday will be his chance to show they are correct

Reaction score
Its a question not a statement. I don't count records as a QB stat. Its stupid and I don't care who on tv uses it its just stupid for people to parrot that junk as a QB stat period. Do people say Byron Jones has a 32-16 record or any other position so that why I can't let people hit me over the head with that bogus QB "stat". You can win that many games if the team around you is good which has been the case for Dak since he's been here not just by being some world beater QB. Try again on that front.

I agree with bold but when people make things slanted it usually shows what side they are on in a particular discussion hence why I asked you the question I did. If you would've said bold in the post I quoted I wouldn't even quoted you. You seem rationale and not an extremist on either side and I can always get with that lol.
You are right. Win-loss record is not a QB stat.

That being said, no team can win 32 games over 3 years with an incompetent QB. It can't be done at this level. The position is simply too important.

To listen to some around here, Nathan Peterman is a Hall of Famer compared to Dak.

So either they have no clue what they are watching, or they have some perverse agenda against him.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You are right. Win-loss record is not a QB stat.

That being said, no team can win 32 games over 3 years with an incompetent QB. It can't be done at this level. The position is simply too important.

To listen to some around here, Nathan Peterman is a Hall of Famer compared to Dak.

So either they have no clue what they are watching, or they have some perverse agenda against him.
Kirk Cousins has a good win loss record too so while I think some pay more attention to the outliers most say Dak is sort of avg. When you say he is avg some have a gang of reasons for why you said when truth is his play is 50/50 aka avg. If he was consistently more good than bad there wouldn't be a civil war on Daks skills on here are anywhere and people on the other side have to see that. The thing is people esp online like to let the outliers they don't even interact with offline get to them and personally I was tired of that. I have my views and they aren't changing from debate on here so why do the contentious back and forths that sometimes go on on here? No reason to because end of the day we all are Boys fans even if I don't agree with everybody on certain aspects of the team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There are different "villains" depending on which side of the Dak debate you're on lol. I don't do resolutions but mine if I did will be to stop debating Dak. I think he's avg and until he plays more consistently I'm not changing my mind. I also know I'm not changing others minds so its no nene for the pointless back and forths over this topic. I'm going to do what I do regarding him and those who think I don't like Dak and or I'm a hater for whatever reason just let them have their say. Its beyond silly at this point when both sides are saying the same thing over and over and no matter what we all are going to believe what we believed before hand anyway.

@Bleu Star @America's Cowboy @CowboyRoy @rocyaice @zrinkill @superonyx @DakPresgoat @Aviano90 and any other posters that I've went back and forth with over this topic. Y'all got it but I'm done debating this stuff all the time. I want the Boys to win and if that's with Dak cool. I still think he's avg until proven wrong but y'all don't have to worry about me going back and forth over this topic anymore. Peace and go Boys.

Until the line is fixed any QB that plays behind it will be inconsistent.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
I don't think I've heard anyone call Dak "Elite". Good? Sure. Elite? The hell you smoking?
Also, I don't think winning this weekend requires him to be "Elite", just to play at a level that will get the job done.

Reaction score
Dak faces one of three Dak killer defenses this Saturday. If he follows his normal MO he will hold on to the ball too long and fumble. His accuracy is inconsistent making for turn overs. He will be sacked a dozen times and may not make it through the game. If he does not follow his MO then we have a chance to win until we meet the Bears who have the second Dak killer defense.

Dak will be okay so long as the OL doesn't fold like a wet taco,,,

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I don't think I've heard anyone call Dak "Elite". Good? Sure. Elite? The hell you smoking?
Also, I don't think winning this weekend requires him to be "Elite", just to play at a level that will get the job done.

Agreed, we just need good RPOs and good passing from Dak .

& I also agree, calling Dak 'elite' is a bit much .

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Win or lose Saturday Dak’s “elite” status has no bearing on this game. While this is a playoff game it’s not the SB and winning a playoff game at home won’t give him elite status and losing doesn’t mean he will never succeed. Hey I am no Dak fan but throw out something real if you want to bash the kid. Despite his several misses and sacks yesterday the kid brought his team back yesterday and made the throws to win the game. Let’s enjoy the fact our team is in the playoffs at home where Dak typically plays at a higher level. Go Cowboys!!

Geez even Nick Foles doesn't seem to get respect around these parts after winning a super bowl. So who knows what it takes these days to get respect. But it is a great time for Dak to prove himself. He looked good yesterday, and I give him all his props for the win. The playoffs are a different game, and I don't think no matter how good Coop or Zeek are they can't carry him through the playoffs. Good D sometimes does, but honestly, we'll be able to see how good Dak is. First thing is to win 1 game. and then another. I liked how he looked on the 2016 team against greenbay. Lets see if he can be magical again now that defensive coordinators have a better understanding of his game. What happened in the season doesn't matter at this point, what Dak does now does.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dak faces one of three Dak killer defenses this Saturday. If he follows his normal MO he will hold on to the ball too long and fumble. His accuracy is inconsistent making for turn overs. He will be sacked a dozen times and may not make it through the game. If he does not follow his MO then we have a chance to win until we meet the Bears who have the second Dak killer defense.
Dak showed numerous of times during the season he was elite. Why does he constantly have to prove himself to some of our fanbase?! The coaches are the ones that have to show they're elite, not Dak.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dak showed numerous of times he was "elite" by beating the best. To beat the best, you have to be the best. Why does he constantly have to prove himself to some of our fanbase?! The coaches have to show they're elite, not Dak.

Like John Madden used to say: Great players make great plays. Even if our coaching sucks, and if that seems to be the eternal norm around here, if Dak is great, he'll show us by making great plays in the the playoffs.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dak showed numerous of times during the season he was elite. Why does he constantly have to prove himself to some of our fanbase?! The coaches are the ones that have to show they're elite, not Dak.
Who are some of the best Dak has beaten?

catiii

Reaction score
The space time continuum has opened for this team to win it all~~!!!. Best if they do NOT read any media including this forum. JG should tell the team no media, after practice do yoga and remain enlightened! :flagwave:

visionary

Reaction score
Dak is an average QB
If he plays above average and does not commit turnovers we can win

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He doesn't need to be elite. The team just needs to play well and he needs to not screw it up.