Some serious road graders on the offensive line

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This, or a combination thereof, should be the offensive line starters on opening day. Guyton, Smith and Beebe all play with an attitude which I love. These guys are going to cause opposing teams real issues.

LT - Tyler Guyton 6’7” 328 lbs
LG - Tyler Smith 6’6” 332 lbs
C - Cooper Beebe 6’4” 335 lbs
RG - Zack Martin 6’4” 315 lbs
RT - Terence Steele 6’6” 310 lbs

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This, or a combination thereof, should be the offensive line starters on opening day. Guyton, Smith and Beebe all play with an attitude which I love. These guys are going to cause opposing teams real issues.

Cooper Beebe is actually 6'3", 322 lbs but that is still plenty of big for a C. Probably better/easier for Dak not having to try to look over someone much taller right in front of him.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Cooper-Beebe-OL-KansasState

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

Hutchinson, Burns, Payne, Carter, Bosa, Clark…I suspect they have a similar “attitude”.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The best part for me is they have guys who like to hit and are described as nasty.

I'm very excited to see the run game 6-7 weeks into the season.

Hopefully the Cowboys can get back to dictating to the defense and forcing their will on them. I want to see serious holes in the 4th quarter.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Now if we could just get that kind of attitude on our DL as well.

Wilson

Reaction score
One piece of the ground game puzzle was solved. Let's hope they can solve the RB tandem part of the puzzle.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Mr. Beebe will be due for some serious physical workouts with weights, routine exercises and various preparations for what lies ahead. He's in need of getting trimmed down and gaining some serious strength training to aid his cause in TC. Professional help is at hand to prepare him for some very serious workouts that lie ahead.

Here's wishing him luck in his preparation for all of that. That soft body will see some serious work that will challenge him to get ready for the testing he's about to receive. Maybe he'll be aptly prepared to "dirt" some of the tough competition he'll see as a pro. Good luck with that.

Last edited:

plasticman

Reaction score
When was the last time the Cowboys had two starting rookies on an offensive line?

To be considered the season's starter, a player must start half or more of the games....8.

Two recent players barely qualify. They are Tyson Walter and However, I'm looking more for scenarios where starting two or more rookies was actually the plan.

In a 2013 the Cowboys started Travis Fredericks and Ronald Leary. The Cowboys went 8-8 that season for the 3rd consecutive season.

On the other hand, circumstances may accelerate Guyton's development, most noticeably, practicing against Micah Parsons every day.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

On paper... I like the oline group as a whole more than I have in a while. Having this starting 5 and having Bass/Hoffman/Richards/Thomas as backups seems like a good group. i know they brought back the former Jet G/T but he is a one year stop gap. They may be in position with Bass to handle a Martin retirement unlike the Frederick retirement.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Steele can’t possibly be as bad as last season right?

I am going to take a flyer here and say Richards is going to steal his job.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

LT - Tyler Guyton 6’7” 328 lbs this one is soft and not NFL-grade.
Will see....................

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I hope you're right. Even before the injury Steele was wildly inconsistent. I thought Richards looked solid in the limited action we saw him. If Steele is as bad as last year, they can also put Guyton at RT, Smith at LT and Bass at LG.

offlimits

Reaction score
When was the last time the Cowboys had two starting rookies on an offensive line?

To be considered the season's starter, a player must start half or more of the games....8.

Two recent players barely qualify. They are Tyson Walter and However, I'm looking more for scenarios where starting two or more rookies was actually the plan.

In a 2013 the Cowboys started Travis Fredericks and Ronald Leary. The Cowboys went 8-8 that season for the 3rd consecutive season.

On the other hand, circumstances may accelerate Guyton's development, most noticeably, practicing against Micah Parsons every day.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, yes. The Dave Campo days.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Steele played better down the stretch last year. Another off season of rehab and recovery should be really good for him. I don't think Richards will take his starting job but will be thrilled if it happens. The Cowboys loved him before the draft and targeting him.