Some stunning ROMO facts

SquiggDoggs

Reaction score
Through six games

2007: 10 turnovers...9 pics 1 fumbles...15TDS...1,707YDS...59.56 comp %

2008: 11 turnovers...5 pics 6 fumbles...14TDs...1,689YDS...63.95 comp %

Regression...??...looks almost the same as last year...so please no more negative Romo threads.

Source: ESPN.com

The Panch

Reaction score
Get realistic. That Buffalo game alone makes his start in 07 look worse than it really was. 6 of his turnovers happened in that one game.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
SquiggDoggs;2332271 said:
Through six games

2007: 10 turnovers...9 pics 1 fumbles...15TDS...1,707YDS...59.56 comp %

2008: 11 turnovers...5 pics 6 fumbles...14TDs...1,689YDS...63.95 comp %

Regression...??...looks almost the same as last year...so please no more negative Romo threads.

These fumbles are of concern. He is almost averaging 1 fumble and 1 INT a game. Thats not good.

I LOVE ROMO dont get me wrong. But he does have to stop fumbling so much.

He exposes the ball WAY TOO MUCH when he is on the run. The defender is definitely going to go for the ball/arm and knock it away. He needs to learn to scramble for 4-5 yards instead of trying to make a heroic play all the time.

Boysboy

Reaction score
And less not forget that most of those 9 INTs were in ONE game(against Buffalo).

Scary facts, yes-I wasn't concerned a couple of weeks ago, but now I am.

SquiggDoggs

Reaction score
The Panch;2332279 said:
Get realistic. That Buffalo game alone makes his start in 07 look worse than it really was. 6 of his turnovers happened in that one game.

He still had that bills game whether you want to add them in the stats or not.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Lets also not forget that most of his fumbles this year were due to the O line's inability to protect him (today). Absolutely pathetic performance by the line. Romo shouldn't be 100% to blame for those...but I'm sure you'll continue to think so regardless.

Cowboys2009SBChamps

Reaction score
That's not good. He should have improved in the last year. At least he looked happy last year. The last couple of games he has not looked focused and actually looks depressed or stressed out.

The Panch

Reaction score
tomson75;2332317 said:
Lets also not forget that most of his fumbles this year were due to the O line's inability to protect him (today). Absolutely pathetic performance by the line. Romo shouldn't be 100% to blame for those...but I'm sure you'll continue to think so regardless.
Quit making excuses for Romo. The O-line was part of the problem, but so was Romo. The clock in his head was way too slow and he's trying to be something(a pure pocket passer) and someone(Tom Brady) that he's not.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
tomson75;2332317 said:

I agree. But look at Big Ben and how many times he gets sacked. He doesn't fumble nearly as much. Romo needs to cure this.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ajk23az;2332281 said:
These fumbles are of concern. He is almost averaging 1 fumble and 1 INT a game. Thats not good.

I LOVE ROMO dont get me wrong. But he does have to stop fumbling so much.

He exposes the ball WAY TOO MUCH when he is on the run. The defender is definitely going to go for the ball/arm and knock it away. He needs to learn to scramble for 4-5 yards instead of trying to make a heroic play all the time.

Unfortunately he has been stripped of the ball while scrambling for 4-5 yards also, but I get your point. He needs to protect the ball. Do they practice that type of thing?

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I count Romo with 3 fumbles this year: one each in the Eagles, Cincy, and today's game. He might have fumbles 6 times this year but we recovered 3 of them they weren't turnovers.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2332339 said:
Unfortunately he has been stripped of the ball while scrambling for 4-5 yards also, but I get your point. He needs to protect the ball. Do they practice that type of thing?

I got to watch the Bears/Falcons game earlier(somehow, DFW decided to broadcast this instead of the Skins game)-Kyle Orton has been a big surprise this year, he's really improved his game. But nonetheless, he knows when to throw it away when things aren't there, and he protects that ball very well too.

Romo needs to get his head out of his ***, IMHO.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
The Panch;2332327 said:
Quit making excuses for Romo. The O-line was part of the problem, but so was Romo. The clock in his head was way too slow and he's trying to be something(a pure pocket passer) and someone(Tom Brady) that he's not.

Ok boss. Why don't you try to tone down the dictatorial attitude.

I didn't make any excuses. I'm simply pointing out that the line bears some responsibility too. The inability of the absolutist freaks to understand this stuff is frightening.

SquiggDoggs

Reaction score
utrunner07;2332283 said:
Good point on the Buffalo game. Thats 5 INTs right there.

Okay...we will just consider the arizona game the "bills game" of '08...the fact is he threw the pics whether it was in one game or 3.

Boysboy

Reaction score
SquiggDoggs;2332366 said:
Okay...we will just consider the arizona game the "bills game" of '08...the fact is he threw the pics whether it was in one game or 3.

Uhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm............I believe that was our point that Romo is regressing.

Outside of that bad game against Buffalo, his negative stats weren't 1/2 bad. This year, he's almost guaranteed a pick AND a fumble game, something he WASN'T doing last year.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
ajk23az;2332331 said:
I agree. But look at Big Ben and how many times he gets sacked. He doesn't fumble nearly as much. Romo needs to cure this.
Ben has one more fumble than Romo this year and the same amount of fumbles lost in one fewer game.

Nice try, though.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
Parcells constantly was on him about ball control. He could be an even greater QB if he practiced ball control. The playcalling needs to get better to help this.Its really hard to place blame on coaches because they can't block,tackle ,catch etc... for the players. Its solely on the players.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
SquiggDoggs;2332366 said:
Except for the fact that "oops" game has been happening pretty much EVERY week. The Bills game last year? Romo was having a rare bad day. We pretty much have come to terms with the fact that he's probably going to make one stupid play per game given his style of play (or former style of play I guess). We'd get 1 bad play, but have several other outstanding plays to counteract it. We can now count on him to make multiple careless mistakes and don't have nearly as many miracle plays.