Some stunning ROMO facts

Hoofbite

Reaction score
windward;2332615 said:
I'm not worried about Romo.I'm more worried about the OLINE protection

Last 3 weeks 9 TDS 2 INTS

If we protect better, and Romo holds onto ball better, problem solved.

Need I say anything or is the size of that word enough?

Beatledust

Reaction score
Boysboy;2332352 said:
I got to watch the Bears/Falcons game earlier(somehow, DFW decided to broadcast this instead of the Skins game)-Kyle Orton has been a big surprise this year, he's really improved his game. But nonetheless, he knows when to throw it away when things aren't there, and he protects that ball very well too.

Romo needs to get his head out of his ***, IMHO.

Agreed!

The Panch

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2332460 said:
The good news is Tony didnt throw an interception today. Now, he has to stop fumbling and be aware of when to throw the ball away instead of holding it too long. It can happen. I still believe in Tony. I refuse to think he sucks and is average.
Yes he did. Crayton just made a good play and stripped the guy of it.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Evidently, protecting the ball, and throwing it away does not register in Romo's brain. And the miracle that he does throw it away, its grounding. :bang2:

We are just going to have to live with that for another 4 or so years.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I don't post here much, I generally just read, but this thread is really grating on me.

There comes a time, when your emotions are clouding your brain, when you need to get away from the keyboard.

Are you really calling out Romo, the main reason for the ascent of the offense to the upper echelon of the NFL in 3 years? Yes, we added a Terrell Owens who couldn't even get along with his mom, but loves Romo like a brother. Yes, Marion the Barbarian has risen from draft mediocrity to certify himself as a feature back and "thor's hammer," if you will. Of course we have Witten, one of the most talented two-way tight ends in the NFL. On top of all that, we dumped a boat load of money into the offensive line to protect our franchise quarterback.

But, no one wants to mention:

TO has shown a complete inability to beat press coverage and an almost unwillingness to try at times. But, he gets a free pass because he actually made a difficult catch today.

Marion Barber spent more time bouncing east and west against the Cardinals than he did running north and south, sweet dreads though right?

Witten dropped and easy first down and allowed the Cardinals linebackers to push him around all afternoon. Hey, he has a great lookin baby.

The offensive line allowed constant pressure. Not just from the inside, or the outside. They allowed pressure inside and out all day long causing Tony to spend significant time eating Arizona turf. I mean, how many teams dont get pressure with a three man rush?

Tony Romo is a gun slinger. He is going to throw passes he has no business throwing and he is going to pay for it. He has imperfections in his game, shocker. However, the kid is a baller and a hell of a signal caller. I am not one to sit here and absolve him of all guilt, but you candy ***** are crying about him like he beat up your little sister. Quit be such nancy little girls and nut up.

You whiners can root for the Drew Bledsoes of the world. All their perfect mechanics and ivy league stoism. I will take a gunslinger who is going to put it on the line every game and play with a heart of fire those book smart signal callers couldnt handle with over mits.

Now, unplug your keyboards, grab some
kleenex.jpg

and let the men talk.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
chinch;2332682 said:
F- for spin attemps. really it's sad.

Its not spin, its a fact. It is on the stat sheet. It doesn't say, "1/2 interception due to WR breaking up interception attempt."

For all you know, Crayton ran the wrong route or ran it half-assed. Perhaps we should give the INT to the offensive line since they let the defensive line put Romo in a meat grinder. Silly, huh?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
texbumthelife;2332732 said:
Its not spin, its a fact. It is on the stat sheet. It doesn't say, "1/2 interception due to WR breaking up interception attempt."

For all you know, Crayton ran the wrong route or ran it half-assed. Perhaps we should give the INT to the offensive line since they let the defensive line put Romo in a meat grinder. Silly, huh?
it's why the cowboys are fading fast playing .500 ball now now since last Dec. We were terrible in preseason too.

coach cupcake has this same mentality.... but no playoff wins and total loss of accountability.

but the stats are great and "we won" as Romeo said last week right. :laugh2:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
TD to Interception Ratio is way more than acceptable in this league. But, the man does need to consider the fumble issues as valid at this stage. Better O-Line protection would help loads, but if Romo could do some extra work on holding the football that would be fine by me.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2333291 said:
TD to Interception Ratio is way more than acceptable in this league. But, the man does need to consider the fumble issues as valid at this stage. Better O-Line protection would help loads, but if Romo could do some extra work on holding the football that would be fine by me.

Exactly. He absolutely does need to address his ball protection, and the O-line absolutely needs to play better than they did against the Cardinals. Both are very real issues, but neither is absolute....despite the incessant bawling by many on this forum.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
texbumthelife;2332663 said:
I don't post here much, I generally just read, but this thread is really grating on me.

There comes a time, when your emotions are clouding your brain, when you need to get away from the keyboard.

Are you really calling out Romo, the main reason for the ascent of the offense to the upper echelon of the NFL in 3 years? Yes, we added a Terrell Owens who couldn't even get along with his mom, but loves Romo like a brother. Yes, Marion the Barbarian has risen from draft mediocrity to certify himself as a feature back and "thor's hammer," if you will. Of course we have Witten, one of the most talented two-way tight ends in the NFL. On top of all that, we dumped a boat load of money into the offensive line to protect our franchise quarterback.

But, no one wants to mention:

TO has shown a complete inability to beat press coverage and an almost unwillingness to try at times. But, he gets a free pass because he actually made a difficult catch today.

Marion Barber spent more time bouncing east and west against the Cardinals than he did running north and south, sweet dreads though right?

Witten dropped and easy first down and allowed the Cardinals linebackers to push him around all afternoon. Hey, he has a great lookin baby.

The offensive line allowed constant pressure. Not just from the inside, or the outside. They allowed pressure inside and out all day long causing Tony to spend significant time eating Arizona turf. I mean, how many teams dont get pressure with a three man rush?

Tony Romo is a gun slinger. He is going to throw passes he has no business throwing and he is going to pay for it. He has imperfections in his game, shocker. However, the kid is a baller and a hell of a signal caller. I am not one to sit here and absolve him of all guilt, but you candy ***** are crying about him like he beat up your little sister. Quit be such nancy little girls and nut up.

You whiners can root for the Drew Bledsoes of the world. All their perfect mechanics and ivy league stoism. I will take a gunslinger who is going to put it on the line every game and play with a heart of fire those book smart signal callers couldnt handle with over mits.

Now, unplug your keyboards, grab some
kleenex.jpg

and let the men talk.

So, real men put the blame everywhere else?

MONT17

Reaction score
Romo has been hurt 4 3wks and all ppl wanna talk about is QB Ratings!