Video: Some Substance RE KM’s Possible Shift & Motion Approach

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
better than what we have been doing, but does not seem to be anywhere as tricky as the rams motion was like in the playoffs.
You'd hope that Kellen has been absorbing what works in this modern day NFL.
I know, for what I do: I eat, breath and sleep making what I do absolutely work, for this day and age so I would expect that kind of dedication to Ol' Kelly-Kell.

And let me tell you, as far as what I do is concerned - things were so much easier in the 80's. I wish I could set everything there.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I know, for what I do: I eat, breath and sleep making what I do absolutely work, for this day and age so I would expect that kind of dedication to Ol' Kelly-Kell.

And let me tell you, as far as what I do is concerned - things were so much easier in the 80's. I wish I could set everything there.

I think the biggest impact from the loss to the rams was the change in our offense.
seeing the rams presnap motion and the offense scheme was the proof the jones needed to change our offense.
hopefully they also learned that the defense line alignment had to be more unpredictable.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think the biggest impact from the loss to the rams was the change in our offense.
seeing the rams presnap motion and the offense scheme was the proof the jones needed to change our offense.
hopefully they also learned that the defense line alignment had to be more unpredictable.
Great point.

Reaction score
I seriously wonder how Witten fits into this scheme and today’s NFL. He is not downfield threat whatsoever.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Wow -- that's a pretty drastic change from what Da Boys were doing on offense last year!

I'd be somewhat amazed if Kellen manages to incorporate that much trickery this season.

Would he be allowed to risk a barrage of additional penalties, due to the complexity of it?

If nothing else, if all goes well with such fancy stuff, it'd be the Landry days returning! :)

Last edited:

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
I seriously wonder how Witten fits into this scheme and today’s NFL. He is not downfield threat whatsoever.

Every scheme has room for a safety blanket with a HoF level knack for finding weak spots between zones.

I dont understand the concern about Witten's presence. Lots of teams carry 3 TEs and that 3rd TE is often some young guy who is on the roster bubble all offseason. Worst case scenario our worst TE is a first ballot hall of famer.

For all the hype of Rico Gathers, look me in the eye and tell me with a straight face that Witten isnt an upgrade as far as the win now 2019 season is concerned.

Arguably we could have done more at the TE position this offseason, but still, it is at least marginally improved over last year.

Techsass

Reaction score
Seems to me the main point is to not let the D know precisely which play it is we're about to run. It should help quite a bit.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Depends if Witten can stop his false starts. :lmao:
Maybe a year in the booth, helped him. :muttley:
The TE does most of the moving and motion so I would expect them to have a few false start penalties.

But you are right he did have ONE in 2017, he needs to get that down to 0.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The TE does most of the moving and motion so I would expect them to have a few false start penalties.

Yes it would help. :laugh:

And I was being a little sarcastic / facetious too on my other post.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Too bad only one man is allowed to be in motion at a time in the nfl

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that, considering he's spent his entire career under the guy they just ran out of town.

That's because he was moving so slowly, the refs didn't notice.