Video: Some Substance RE KM’s Possible Shift & Motion Approach

McKDaddy

Reaction score
For all the hype of Rico Gathers, look me in the eye and tell me with a straight face that Witten isnt an upgrade as far as the win now 2019 season is concerned.

Honestly, i'm not sure he is. Sure he has some mental advantages but he wasn't the blocker people keep referring to the last couple seasons prior to his retirement. You can knock Rico but if you watch the tape the last half of the season he was being pretty darn effective in the blocking scheme.

We know Witten doesn't have the wheels to be much of a threat downfield. So he loses that to almost anyone.

Will he get some catches? yeah. Will he score? probably. Will he do anything someone else couldn't have done? unlikely.

I would have preferred to give the young guys more opportunities to grow. Jarwin did have three TD's in a single game. It's almost like we should have been using him more all along ....

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, i'm not sure he is. Sure he has some mental advantages but he wasn't the blocker people keep referring to the last couple seasons prior to his retirement. You can knock Rico but if you watch the tape the last half of the season he was being pretty darn effective in the blocking scheme.

We know Witten doesn't have the wheels to be much of a threat downfield. So he loses that to almost anyone.

Will he get some catches? yeah. Will he score? probably. Will he do anything someone else couldn't have done? unlikely.

I would have preferred to give the young guys more opportunities to grow. Jarwin did have three TD's in a single game. It's almost like we should have been using him more all along ....

I'm okay with Witten as long as they don't use him almost exclusively as the receiving TE like they did before. Jarwin needs to get a lot of targets this year, and if that's the case Witten can be highly effective just finding the open spots and helping move the chains.