Some would prefer losing with Romo than winning with Dak

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
There are posters on this forum that give Dak absolutely no credit for winning and credit the team around him, but when it comes to Romo and having only 2 playoff victories in his career blame the team around him. Dak can't win with some.

I think there are some that would rather lose with Romo (which we have for a decade) than win with Dak. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There are posters on this forum that give Dak absolutely no credit for winning and credit the team around him, but when it comes to Romo and having only 2 playoff victories in his career blame the team around him. Dak can't win with some.

I think there are some that would rather lose with Romo (which we have for a decade) than win with Dak. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

The jig is up. The Romo crowd have been proven dead wrong. Those of us that have touted Dak since preseason have been vindicated.

It really is a shame all cant enjoy this incredible ride and circumstance. It really has been a magical year for us thus far. And there are some that continue to pout and cant enjoy it.

A pretty sad thing if you think about it.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
The jig is up. The Romo crowd have been proven dead wrong. Those of us that have touted Dak since preseason have been vindicated.

It really is a shame all cant enjoy this incredible ride and circumstance. It really has been a magical year for us thus far. And there are some that continue to pout and cant enjoy it.

A pretty sad thing if you think about it.

Vindicated? LOL...funny.

Lets assume we make it all the way....Tom Brady will hang 50 on us with ease.

Tony has put up 50 against peyton manning in a duel before.

Dak cant even set his feet right in a clean pocket.

Ya...vindicated.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Vindicated? LOL...funny.

Ya...vindicated.

Ah one of the cry babies. Romo has had 10 years and done squat. The kids a rookie and racking it up.

Romo is on the bench with a broken back. Nothing to even talk about with Romo.

Guy like you were laughing at me and Dak saying Romo would be playing by week #3. Not even close. Talk about being dead wrong. Just admit you were wrong about everything and lets move on.

Dreaming he can play in his prime and forgetting about all the horrible games, picks, up by 24 3 pick 2nd half performances is selective to say the least.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Vindicated? LOL...funny.

Ya...vindicated.

Daks feet sure looked great to me on the game tying TD and then the game winning throw to Witten now didnt they? LOL

Reaction score
I find the whole thing odd too. I mean we're talking about football and the team is 2 games ahead in the division, on a 6 game win streak, team has a great chemistry going, etc. I mean if we're all fans, shouldn't our agenda be to win? I saw some other posts with the argument that if Romo was playing last week, overtime wouldn't have been necessary. I mean come on, was one of the better, nail biting victories in as long as I can remember. Who the hell as a fan has an agenda for a football team other than winning? :huh:

You're missing a real opportunity to simply enjoy the Cowboys.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Ah one of the cry babies. Romo has had 10 years and done squat. The kids a rookie and racking it up.

I love it.

"Romo has done squat in 10 years"....obviously meaning playoffs/superbowl

"Dak is racking it up"....in the regular season LOL

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I find the whole thing odd too. I mean we're talking about football and the team is 2 games ahead in the division, on a 6 game win streak, team has a great chemistry going, etc. I mean if we're all fans, shouldn't our agenda be to win? I saw some other posts with the argument that if Romo was playing last week, overtime wouldn't have been necessary. I mean come on, was one of the better, nail biting victories in as long as I can remember. Who the hell as a fan has an agenda for a football team other than winning? :huh:

You're missing a real opportunity to simply enjoy the Cowboys.

Some of us with our brains on straight are worried about Dak versus Seattle defense...or Dak trying to put 50 points up to keep up with the patriots or falcons.

A record is, unfortunately, so short-sighted. One and done is real. Or ask the patriots about 18-1.

Reaction score
Some of us with our brains on straight are worried about Dak versus Seattle defense...or Dak trying to put 50 points up to keep up with the patriots or falcons.

A record is, unfortunately, so short-sighted. One and done is real. Or ask the patriots about 18-1.
every challenge Dak has faced he has met and came out on top. First it was he never faced a real opponent, let's see how he does against that Bengals dfense. Then it was let's see how he does against the high powered Packers. Then it was the Eagles have one of the best dfenses around, let's see this rookie show his colors. Well, he has and delivered wins.

Go on with your big tightly fastened brain and continue worrying about the potential game he's going to lose while the rest of us enjoy winning.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I love it.

"Romo has done squat in 10 years"....obviously meaning playoffs/superbowl

"Dak is racking it up"....in the regular season LOL

Hes a rookie genius. How many playoff victories can he have by now? LOL

Well let me just assure you that we are going to the playoffs. We will be 7-1 after this week. Cry like a baby for Romo all you want.

Stick with Dak and every year after this one has a better chance of being our SB run. Going back to Romo at this point makes sense ONLY if you think about Tony Romo.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
every challenge Dak has faced he has met and came out on top. First it was he never faced a real opponent, let's see how he does against that Bengals dfense. Then it was let's see how he does against the high powered Packers. Then it was the Eagles have one of the best dfenses around, let's see this rookie show his colors. Well, he has and delivered wins.

Go on with your big tightly fastened brain and continue worrying about the potential game he's going to lose while the rest of us enjoy winning.

Actually it all started back with him not being able to throw a TD. Then it was throw deep. Then it was play a good defense. Then it was make a 10 point comeback and win on the last drive.

Check, check, check, check, check, check, check.................

And all this after playing horrible the first 3.5 quarters. The kid actually lit up the most when playing a bad game. And think of what he will learn from this. And we still got a win.

It was incredible. Nothing short of totally incredible.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Dak has had 4 or 5 straight games where the offense put up 400 yards of offense. Romo has NEVER had that streak EVER in his entire career.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Romo is 2-3 in the playoffs genius. He was one and done twice. And your confidence comes from where exactly?

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score

Teams win...QB's dont.

If I recall correctly, the WORLD has been shocked about how well our defense has been playing...did anyone predict rodgers would flounder for a couple TD's versus our defense? No. Nostradamus is still scratching his head on that one.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Teams win...QB's dont.

If I recall correctly, the WORLD has been shocked about how well our defense has been playing...did anyone predict rodgers would flounder for a couple TD's versus our defense? No. Nostradamus is still scratching his head on that one.

Correct. Then why do you keep talking about Romo being able to win games?

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Actually it all started back with him not being able to throw a TD. Then it was throw deep. Then it was play a good defense. Then it was make a 10 point comeback and win on the last drive.

Check, check, check, check, check, check, check.................

And all this after playing horrible the first 3.5 quarters. The kid actually lit up the most when playing a bad game. And think of what he will learn from this. And we still got a win.

It was incredible. Nothing short of totally incredible.

And he still doesnt throw deep well.

Lets talk about throws 40 feet above receivers, throws in the dirt feet short, trying to throw off twinkle toes like he's fred flintstone, gifting stupid red zone int's in a 4 on 2 scenario.

check check check check check

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Correct. Then why do you keep talking about Romo being able to win games?

I'm talking about when this defense doesnt stop atlanta or new england and twinkle toes throw it in the dirt dak doesnt keep up with 5+ TD teams.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Gotta love how it all comes full circle. The same guys that couldnt understand how a Cowboy fan can hate on Romo are now going to be the guys going forward that will hate Dak and have resentment for 10 years. LOL

I was one of the guys that loved Romo and defended him to the last. UP until he has gotten hurt 2 years in a row, got old, and then the Dak attack happened. Gotta go with the future.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Anyhow, I like Dak for the future...I dont like him if we're trying to actually win in 2016.