Some WR's to watch

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I don't really get it with some of these guys, Worth and Nabers in particular.

Think the "generational" tag in the OP is pretty overstated.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Two Longhorn WRs Xavier Worthy and Adoni Mitchell getting first round talk.
I don't see either as a first rounder at this point. Maybe things will change by the end of the season. Mitchell has good size. This coaching staff is different than what they have had in the past, but Texas has not produced many top notch wide receivers. Roy Williams is statistically the best Longhorn WR that made the NFL.

Hardline

Reaction score
I don't see either as a first rounder at this point. Maybe things will change by the end of the season. Mitchell has good size. This coaching staff is different than what they have had in the past, but Texas has not produced many top notch wide receivers. Roy Williams is statistically the best Longhorn WR that made the NFL.
Both are literally getting first round speculation. Worthy is going in the first round guaranteed.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Both are literally getting first round speculation. Worthy is going in the first round guaranteed.
Yes, they are getting first round speculation. I've seen a couple of the articles. I just don't agree they are worth first round picks. As it sits right now, I wouldn't choose either in the first round. Maybe by the end of the season, I will see something that changes my opinion. Same applies to Quinn Ewers who also has been speculated to go in the first round.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I have only watched or glanced at a handful of college games, but I'll be looking for big fluid WR for the Cowboys (around 6'4, 215).

Mr_437

Reaction score
After a quick search I'll probably checkout: Xavier Leggette, Johnny Wilson and Keon Coleman. These guys have the measurables the Cowboys should target at WR.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't see Worthy as a 1st unless the last is very thin. He is a solid prospect, but not nearly on the same level of similar archtypes like Devonte Smith, Olave and Addison. I dont see the plus skills to be a featured WR in the NFL. He is probably a day 2 guy

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Arizona WR Jacob Cowing. Started at UTEP, transferred to Arizona.

He'd be a reliable #2-#3 WR with good hands, decent speed, good route running.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Arizona WR Cowing had 10rec 88yds 4TDs

That’s what he’ll do. Reliable hands, gets open, will move the sticks, not a lot of yards but he’ll help keep possession and is good in the red zone

Fairly underrated IMO

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Arizona WR Jacob Cowing. Started at UTEP, transferred to Arizona.

He'd be a reliable #2-#3 WR with good hands, decent speed, good route running.
I think he could be a decent mid round guy. Numbers dont look nearly as good in a power 5. I think he is more or a #3/#4 slot guy in the NFL

Mr_437

Reaction score
Arizona WR Cowing had 10rec 88yds 4TDs

That’s what he’ll do. Reliable hands, gets open, will move the sticks, not a lot of yards but he’ll help keep possession and is good in the red zone

Fairly underrated IMO
You moving CeeDee out the slot for him?

Silverstar

Reaction score
Imagine having Keon Coleman 6-4 215 opposite Lamb and Johnny Wilson 6-7 240 as your TE.
USP-NCAA-Football_-Syracuse-at-Florida-State-1.jpg

usatsi_19695856.jpg

Last edited: