someone explain to me, how we will use these RB's

CowboyChris

Reaction score
how will we use MB3, Felix Jones, and Choice next year? picking Choice today solidifies my point, that Jones was a wasted pick.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
CowboyChris;2057926 said:
how will we use MB3, Felix Jones, and Choice next year? picking Choice today solidifies my point, that Jones was a wasted pick.

How is that we have 1 rb on the roster most teams carry 3-4 and Barber is currently playing on a 1 year tender

So we needed depth at rb got it in the draft we drafted choice in the same round we did Barber; Bradie James and Canty all those picks made impacts after developing over time

Key word is develop and time

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Choice was only drafted because we knew Felix couldn't carry the load if something happened to MB3

Should have taken mendenhall.

And should not have traded down 4 times.

This team is way too good to be stockpiling 5th 6th and 7th rounders.

We had few holes to fill going into next season, and we blew it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
60% MB3, 40% Felix, & a very capable backup in Choice.

Depending on how Choice performs in TC he might actually see the field for a carry or two per game.

My worries of not having a fully capable RB if MB3's bruising running style causes him to be injured are no longer an issue. Thanks Jerry!!! Tashard can step it up if necessary and, at the very least, share time with Felix.

hairic

Reaction score

Do you remember how New England was using Maroney, Morris, and Faulk before Morris was injured? I'd guess it'd be awfully similar.

CPonder14

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2057994 said:
Choice was only drafted because we knew Felix couldn't carry the load if something happened to MB3

going into the draft we needed a guy to spell Marion Barber.
going into the draft we needed a elite corner.
going into the draft we needed a young WR.

we got 2 so far, so stop complaining.

ddh33

Reaction score
Sometimes the will let one run it. Sometimes they will throw one a pass. Sometimes one may return kicks and play on special teams. Sometimes they will take turns.

Derinyar

Reaction score
I'd guess that Barber and Jones are going to split carries somewhere between 60/40 and 50/50. Choice is going to be mostly on the bench now. We drafted a 3rd RB because we needed one on the roster that has a chance to actually do something.

Ken

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2057994 said:

Wow. You have no idea...

Who would be our homerun threat if we took Mendenhall?

Now we have the homerun threat, and depth behind Barber.

We also have a 3 and 4 for next year. I love what they are doing.

I feel MUCH better about RB than I did before the draft.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
hairic;2058001 said:
Do you remember how New England was using Maroney, Morris, and Faulk before Morris was injured? I'd guess it'd be awfully similar.

Or the way the Giants used Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw and Derrick Ward.

Or the way the Chargers used LT, Michael Turner and Darren Sproles.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
RB is now a stregth of the team, just like corner. Two weaknesses from last year that have turned into strengths.

(Think About It)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ddh33;2058016 said:
Sometimes the will let one run it. Sometimes they will throw one a pass. Sometimes one may return kicks and play on special teams. Sometimes they will take turns.
You're going to have to break this down into very simple terms for me.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2058040 said:
Or the way the Giants used Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw and Derrick Ward.

Or the way the Chargers used LT, Michael Turner and Darren Sproles.

or the how the Jags use Fred Taylor, Maurice Jones-Drew and Greg Jones

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score

We'll use Barber and Jones splitting carries to give us thunder and lightning, Choice could see a few plays as a 3rd down back, but more importantly, he gives us much needed depth, in case Jones or Barber get hurt, we will have another good back to share the carries is all, it's a late 4th round, and we got much needed depth to protect aginat an injury to Barber OR Jones and was a great value pick on top of it.
GREAT TEAMS have GREAT DEPTH!
We had 13 pro-bowlers, it's not like a late 4th round pick was gonna b a starter, he was gonna be for depth and we got great vlaue and much needed depth!

wileedog

Reaction score

So you were planning on only having two RBs on the roster this year?

Primetime42

Reaction score
Get it through your thick skulls:

Want to see how Jones will be used? Go watch tapes of the early 2000's Rams and Marshall Faulk in particular.

Barber can't do those things. Mendenhall can't do those things. Choice damn sure can't do those things.

Felix can. We've added a dimension to our offense that was sorely lacking; Speed. Just because he's a RB, does not mean that's all we'll use him for

He'll take about 10 carries per game, yeah, but we'll pair him with MBIII at times, split him wide, put him in motion, throw him the ball (something we couldn't do enough with JJ)...and he'll provide a much needed boost on special teams.

He's a threat, plain and simple...and gives us many things that Mendenhall simply can not.

Plus, give him a year or so with Jurasek, and I'm sure he'll get stronger....FYI, he's not a weakling, he can take a hit and keep going.

SMH at this "backup" nonsense.

Sandyf

Reaction score
We went from very unsure at RB to extremely stocked. Anyone that thinks Felix Jones isn't going to get 10-15 touches a game doesn't understand football.

Choice is a very good back and drafted just about the same spot Barber was three years ago. He will make a good RB and very good insurance against Barber holding out for more money.

We are a much better team at RB now than we have been in years.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
wileedog;2058060 said:
So you were planning on only having two RBs on the roster this year?

no, but we can easily sign a FA to fill the duty of a 3rd running back. kevin jones is still out there, there will be plenty of june 1st cuts, not to mention how many will get cut by oakland