someone explain to me, how we will use these RB's

wileedog

Reaction score
CowboyChris;2058114 said:
no, but we can easily sign a FA to fill the duty of a 3rd running back. kevin jones is still out there, there will be plenty of june 1st cuts, not to mention how many will get cut by oakland

And that is not true for a 4th WR?

ndanger

Reaction score
Could some of our more knowledgeable posters please get together and write a Football 101 book? It's sure to be a best seller considering a large portion of the responses on any thread in this forum, PLEASE? I can see it now in bookstores, An idiots guide to football. Number one best seller for sure, even if I have to use my life savings and inheritance to purchase every copy and send 'em out to certain individuals on this board.:mad:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Ken;2058023 said:
Wow. You have no idea...

Who would be our homerun threat if we took Mendenhall?

Now we have the homerun threat, and depth behind Barber.

We also have a 3 and 4 for next year. I love what they are doing.

I feel MUCH better about RB than I did before the draft.

Mendenhall is not the threat in space that Jones is but until Jones proves he can run between the tackles, Mendenhall was the better back and he can take it to the house, too. Who would you rather have: Mendenhall or Choice?

Jones was not a bad choice. He was drafted right where he had to be to get him. He will provide some highlights for us. He will help us. But over the long haul I think Mendenhall will be the more valuable back. He is better than MB. Not right now but over the long haul. That was the overwhelming concensus about him. You could argue that DMac and Stewart were better than Mendenhall overall. But not Jones.

I feel much better, too.

dstew60105

Reaction score
CowboyChris;2057926 said:
how will we use MB3, Felix Jones, and Choice next year? picking Choice today solidifies my point, that Jones was a wasted pick.

Jones is far from a wasted pick. Gives our offense another weapon not to mention the value of him as a kick returner. This has been a great draft so far and that doesn't include the 2 extra picks for next year.

Don

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Let me just say this. While our offense performed very well last year, it struggled down the stretch and I know exactly why. We became far too predictable. We didn't have the RBs to use in various ways and to mix things up. This year will be so much different. Opposing defenses are going to go crazy trying to determine what we're going to do from down to down. How about a lineup of T.O., Terry Glenn or Crayton, Witten, Barber, and Felix Jones either in the backfield with Barber, in the slot, or spread out wide. That's damn scary for a defense. We also picked up another very athletic TE that can catch and block and another RB for insurance. Our offense is going to be downright scary. If our young WRs continue to develop and get better, we could be better offensively than N.E. was last year. We're so stacked on both defense and offense that anything less than a Super Bowl win will disappoint me.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
jobberone;2058256 said:
Mendenhall is not the threat in space that Jones is but until Jones proves he can run between the tackles, Mendenhall was the better back and he can take it to the house, too. Who would you rather have: Mendenhall or Choice?

Jones was not a bad choice. He was drafted right where he had to be to get him. He will provide some highlights for us. He will help us. But over the long haul I think Mendenhall will be the more valuable back. He is better than MB. Not right now but over the long haul. That was the overwhelming concensus about him. You could argue that DMac and Stewart were better than Mendenhall overall. But not Jones.

I feel much better, too.

And you know this how? Because Mendenhall had one very good year in college in a weak conference? Please.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ddh33;2058016 said:
Sometimes the will let one run it. Sometimes they will throw one a pass. Sometimes one may return kicks and play on special teams. Sometimes they will take turns.
Great response. I started to say "We will hand them the ball and they will run with it" but I thought that was too sarcastic.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Ken;2058023 said:
Wow. You have no idea...

Who would be our homerun threat if we took Mendenhall?

Now we have the homerun threat, and depth behind Barber.

We also have a 3 and 4 for next year. I love what they are doing.

I feel MUCH better about RB than I did before the draft.

"homerun threat"

"Change of pace" back

These are stupid mediot or internet sayings that mean absoulutely nothing.

Football is pretty simple really.....YOU TAKE THE BEST PLAYER YOU CAN.

Even jerry all but admitted Mendenhall was ranked higher on our board than Felix, but we take felix anyway. WHy??? What possible sense does that make? None. Justify it all you want, but it makes no sense.

I don't hate Felix, I think he'll be decent, but you dont' take someone at the same position who isn't as high on your board.

Do you honestly believe we draft Tashard Choice if Mendenhall is our pick? If you truly believe that, you're fooling yourself.

Not to mention MB# and Rosehause just got a little richer.

Marktui

Reaction score
Depth is never a bad thing, especially at the running back position. Those guys take a beating. Why do you think Pittsburgh, took Rashard even though they have Parker and Davenport.