Image: Someone took a stab at redesigning the Cowboys uniforms

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
a03fdc6114279654b5d485459080e1fb775445fdf9a0a339b51bf6ab3ebfda51.jpg

dfense

Reaction score
I actually think thery are pretty cool. I don't like the part where it says 'boys' on the pant leg. Change that to "Dallas" or "Cowboys." I'd definitely consider getting one. I like the way it accentuates the star.
You should lose a few "likes" for that statement.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
It is tough to be an artist. Not much has changed in the world of art from the preceding 500 years in terms of initial public perception. van Gogh only sold one painting in his life. I'm sure the masses at the time thought his stuff was pretty much garbage. No, I'm not saying the uniform design is like a van Gogh. Just saying, that the masses, in general, have a hard time grasping anything new. Coke changes their label or bottle or name, and people go nuts. Apple, on the other hand, makes a few minor changes and the masses rave like it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

erod

Reaction score
It is tough to be an artist. Not much has changed in the world of art from the preceding 500 years in terms of initial public perception. van Gogh only sold one painting in his life. I'm sure the masses at the time thought his stuff was pretty much garbage. No, I'm not saying the uniform design is like a van Gogh. Just saying, that the masses, in general, have a hard time grasping anything new. Coke changes their label or bottle or name, and people go nuts. Apple, on the other hand, makes a few minor changes and the masses rave like it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It's a uniform, not the Sistine Chapel.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I know this is blasphemy but I actually think the Cowboys white uni's are ugly.

Cool helmets & I like the blue but the white one could use some jazzing up. Those pants are hideous.

dfense

Reaction score

You are comparing Van Gogh and those uni's?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
It's called hyperbole.

But you don't change the Yankee pinstripes, and you don't change the most iconic uniform in pro football.

Eh, that's your opinion. I find them to be a bit tired, myself. And I wouldn't call them iconic since they've changed several times and the general design is used by several other teams, just with different colors. To be iconic, they have'd have to be unique...of which they couldn't be further from other than, ridiculously, having pants that don't match the uni or team colors...

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You are comparing Van Gogh and those uni's?

Ahh, no. In fact, that is why I wrote "No, I'm not saying the uniform design is like a van Gogh." Perhaps you missed that part.:) It was a nice artistic effort.

Point is, anything new related to design or art, is often attacked by the masses. The Eiffel Tower was thought to be a big eye sore and many wanted to tear it down. Years later it is a masterpiece. Disclaimer: No, I am NOT comparing these uniforms to the Eiffel Tower.