Something is wrong with Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow - so now it’s the O-lines fault. Unreal

this is Dak. He isn’t even seeming the field and missing throws consistently

Wait till he's outside in the cold against some playoff defenses......Mama call 911.....:eek:

Zordon

Reaction score
OL is playing poorly and so is Zeke. Lots of third and longs with awful pass protection. Dak has no time. Having said that, he has made some really bad throws. There’s enough blame to go around, including the head coach.
Go back and re-watch the game. The reason I made the thread is because of the lack of poise I saw from him when he had good protection. He's sensing pressure that's not there on a lot of plays. The Tyron hold was on Dak. He had no reason to leave the pocket on that play, his protection was perfect.

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak actually was terrific the first three quarters. Had a poor fourth quarter although it's hard not to throw a pick when a guy smacks your visor as you're throwing which is supposed to be a penalty and the whole world saw it except the officials LOL..(sacrasm - inexcusably bad job by refs there, worse than on the blindside block call against the Saints., especially when you see what they called Roughing the Passer on Thanksgiving.
Wow there are still some people out there who refuse to accept the truth. The receivers caught anything and everything remotely within catching distance - their play was elite. Prescott throw a couple of nice passes, missed on countless throws and refused to run against a team that sold out against the run with one of the WORST pass defenses in the league...yet he still struggled and looked like a rookie not a 6th year vet. It was embarrassing.

DanA

Reaction score
I think he’s been fine. The first game back from the calf I think he was a bit gimpy but has been okay since. The O-line and WR group have been decimated, we lost Jarwin, and Zeke is clearly hampered. I think continuity has been the big issue.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I think he’s been fine. The first game back from the calf I think he was a bit gimpy but has been okay since. The O-line and WR group have been decimated, we lost Jarwin, and Zeke is clearly hampered. I think continuity has been the big issue.

LOL....watch the games and review the stats....he is nothing near what he was in his first 6 games.

DanA

Reaction score
LOL....watch the games and review the stats....he is nothing near what he was in his first 6 games.

Context is everything. The O-line performance, WR and run game has been nothing near what it was either.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
OL is playing poorly and so is Zeke. Lots of third and longs with awful pass protection. Dak has no time. Having said that, he has made some really bad throws. There’s enough blame to go around, including the head coach.
Successful run game helps a lot.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

First, 6 games were mostly dog teams(at home) with injuries galore and the refs giving a helping hand.
Teams we could run on at will pretty much.
Now we're facing tougher defenses and away games well this is nothing new for Dak from the egg we laid vs the Jets to the Donut vs the Colts in previous seasons.
There is nothing wrong with Dak this is his talent level under conditions less than perfect for him.
GET USED TO IT my brothers as it ain't changing in Year 6 or 8 or 9.......

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Hes an pretty decent qb. Top 7 dallas qb. Give him a ton of props coming back from that injury though.

stinkface

Reaction score
Dak has the Yips and had had them for a couple of weeks. He does not trust his repaired leg as there have been many times he could have gotten a few yards instead of taking a sack or trying to squeeze the ball into ultra tight coverage or just throwing it away. Hope he gets out of it soon, as we can't win in the playoffs if he doesn't play better then he is. Zeke is a warrior not doubt, but he is a shell of what he was as far as making people miss or having any burst whatsoever. Hopefully the 10 days off will help him, but I doubt it. He needs to be put on IR for 3 weeks, but that won't happen as they have Washington coming up two out of the next 3 weeks and they need to at least split those games.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Context is everything. The O-line performance, WR and run game has been nothing near what it was either.

Last 5 games:

vs. DEN 16 rushes 78 Yards 4.9 YPC (39 pass attempts)

vs. ATL 37 rushes 114 Yards 3.1 YPC 3 TD's (35 pass attempts)

vs. KC 16 rushes 82 Yards 5.1 YPC (43 pass attempts)

vs. LV 20 rushes 64 Yards 3.2 YPC 1 TD (47 pass attempts)

vs. NO 24 rushes 146 Yards 6.1 YPC 1 TD (40 pass attempts)

So 5 games rushing totals:

113 rushes 484 Yards 4.28 YPC 5 TD's

When you recognize the fact the running game, when given actual carries, is performing you lose the debate about the lack of a rushing attack...especially when the run to pass difference has been 113 rushes to 204 pass attempts and most people can recognize that Dallas wins more games when they rush as much or more than they pass.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BS..he has all day at times and he’s holding the ball , it’s not the OL it’s him

Better get one of these as its probably the only way to give Dak the time he needs to be a successful QB in the NFL...at some point either a DB will fall down or a Wr will get open!

maxresdefault.jpg

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Well yes Collins/Smith just coming back from long injuries and yes our run game struggled against a statistically very good run game .......however that doesnt take away from Dak (and his connection with his WR's) looking off.

These threads will continue as long as the Dak is Elite (or MVP) threads continue.....the reality is somewhere inbetween, outstanding when everything's working and struggles when the focus is totally on himself.

vig454

Reaction score
Dak is not taking off running even when the coast is clear. He seems hurt , and he gets frustrated at his receivers when before he would get them in line. The Dak from before the calf injury is absent

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
First, 6 games were mostly dog teams(at home) with injuries galore and the refs giving a helping hand.
Teams we could run on at will pretty much.
Now we're facing tougher defenses and away games well this is nothing new for Dak from the egg we laid vs the Jets to the Donut vs the Colts in previous seasons.
There is nothing wrong with Dak this is his talent level under conditions less than perfect for him.
GET USED TO IT my brothers as it ain't changing in Year 6 or 8 or 9.......

Our friends RedZone Rocky/Ronnie will call you a 'Hater' for those opinions. However, that's quite a fair, objective post.

A lot of fans got overly excited after a string of wins against mid level teams and talk Dak up as a MVP which is delusional. He's a very good QB but needs those extensive offensive tools around him.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak is not taking off running even when the coast is clear. He seems hurt , and he gets frustrated at his receivers when before he would get them in line. The Dak from before the calf injury is absent

There is a good point in what you're saying....the lack of a running game also includes Dak not being able to take advantage when the opposition are rushing off the edge. Agree could well be injury related.

GINeric

Reaction score
he is average

If he is average.... why is he only one of four or five other QBs in NFL history to put up the numbers he has in his first five years????

There are Hall of Fame QBs that said Dak is a very good QB and is top 5, top ten in this league. Many other former all pro players said the same thing.

So I think I'll trust the opinions of people who played this game at the highest level over some couch potato who don't know football at all.

There's a sale on a book called "Football for Dummies". You should go grab yourself a copy.

ondaedg

Reaction score
We had the number one offense in the league and then the Jones morons started talking about Conner Williams getting to many penalties and they disrupted our entire O-line.

Go back to what was working.

Conner Williams still leads the league in penalties and he hasn’t played in three weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.