Sometimes I wonder if Jerry ever feels shame

Zordon

Reaction score
When he sits at those owner's meetings, does he ever feel shame when he looks across the room and sees Bob Kraft - a man who is going to his EIGTH Super Bowl since he last tasted victory.

23 years have passed while this man has played Madden with America's Team. A generation lost. Meanwhile Kraft has stayed out of the way, hired the best of the best when it comes to coaches, personnel staff, trainers, etc. and because of that his franchise is now the hallmark of the NFL.

They've equaled the Cowboys in Super Bowl victories, surpassed us in appearances, and now today they have come within one win of tying us for most playoff wins in NFL history. Think about that for a second folks...in 1996, the Dallas Cowboys had 32 playoff wins, the Patriots had 4. Yet they are about to tie us for first?

Shame.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its kinda sad to look at NE and think that used to be us............and could have been us were it not for an egomaniac owner who thought he had a talent for building football teams. Though time continues to prove him wrong, Jerry will never give it up.

Proximo

Reaction score
When he sits at those owner's meetings, does he ever feel shame when he looks across the room and sees Bob Kraft - a man who is going to his EIGTH Super Bowl since he last tasted victory.

23 years have passed while this man has played Madden with America's Team. A generation lost. Meanwhile Kraft has stayed out of the way, hired the best of the best when it comes to coaches, personnel staff, trainers, etc. and because of that his franchise is now the hallmark of the NFL.

They've equaled the Cowboys in Super Bowl victories, surpassed us in appearances, and now today they have come within one win of tying us for most playoff wins in NFL history. Think about that for a second folks...in 1996, the Dallas Cowboys had 32 playoff wins, the Patriots had 4. Yet they are about to tie us for first?

Shame.

What a stupid thing to wonder.

He's an incredibly successful owner, obviously he doesn't feel shame. You just wish he would.

TWOK11

Reaction score
I doubt it but he should. I despise the man for what he’s done to my team.

I mean, I get the frustration but some perspective is also warranted. Dallas is 8th in winning % since their last SB and 6th since 2007. Since 1995 we've fielded a competitive, playoff contending team in 16 of 23 seasons.

The overwhelming majority of NFL franchises have been worse than we have since 1995, many much worse. I understand we have a different standard, but for the sake of legitimate discussion let's stop acting like we're the Browns.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Shame.
One of my new favorite quotes is...”A man never gets old until he stops learning.” By that measure, Jerry Jones is much older than 75 because he appears to have stopped learning a long time ago.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, I get the frustration but some perspective is also warranted. Dallas is 8th in winning % since their last SB and 6th since 2007. Since 1995 we've fielded a competitive, playoff contending team in 16 of 23 seasons.

The overwhelming majority of NFL franchises have been worse than we have since 1995, many much worse. I understand we have a different standard, but for the sake of legitimate discussion let's stop acting like we're the Browns.
That depends on what your perspective of being really good is. My measure is playoff success, which places us much lower.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score

Some fans are OK with mediocrity, some aren't.

jimmy40

Reaction score

I hate Jerry for reducing us to celebrating winning %.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
I often wonder the same thing myself. How in the world is such a proud man ok with continuing to embarrass himself in front of his peers?

The bottom line looks great for Jerry. Let’s not forget that during the Romo years, there were several seasons we had no business being in the hunt for a wild-card berth, but because of the greatness of Tony we always had a chance. Being in the hunt, kept the seats filled, but even worse, it gave the impression we were a player away from the Super Bowl when we needed more than that.

Zordon

Reaction score

We can thank Parcells (desperation over the stadium) and Romo ("Romo was a miracle") for that. Without those two, we were heading down under. Jerry has never been able to build a competitive/playoff contending defense.

kskboys

Reaction score
"If you have a mobile QB, you don't need a good OL"!!!!!

"I don't see a need on the DL." (2012, when faced w/ one of the deepest DL drafts like ever. DL soon fell apart due to age thereafter.)

GenoT

Reaction score
Shame??!?

A three-time SB Champ as an owner, billionaire Jerry Jones owns the most valuable (@$4.5 billion) sports franchise on the planet. Even in down seasons, his Cowboys are among the league leaders in home attendance, road attendance, TV ratings and team-merchandise revenue.

Jerry feels GOOD...

TWOK11

Reaction score
That depends on what your perspective of being really good is. My measure is playoff success, which places us much lower.

Not really

The vast majority of NFL franchises have 5 playoff wins or less since 1995. We have 3.