Sometimes I wonder if Jerry ever feels shame

TWOK11

Reaction score
Some fans are OK with mediocrity, some aren't.

And that's fine, just understand that all but about 5 franchises have been consistently mediocre or worse since 1995. NE, Pittsburgh, GB, Denver and Indy are the only franchises to have sustained success over that time. Baltimore has an argument for being in that group.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Rest he assured he feels none. More important that he get the credit, and prove he’s a real football man, than do it the way Kraft is doing it.

Jerry is so far gone, there is no return.

TWOK11

Reaction score
We can thank Parcells (desperation over the stadium) and Romo ("Romo was a miracle") for that. Without those two, we were heading down under. Jerry has never been able to build a competitive/playoff contending defense.

Who hired Parcells? Who made the call to bench Bledsoe at halftime for Romo in 2006? Drew Bledsoe was going to be the guy all year had Jerry not literally walked into the locker room and made it so.

I'm hardly a rah rah Jerry guy, but he gets some credit and there are FAR worse owners and GMs.

kskboys

Reaction score
And that's fine, just understand that all but about 5 franchises have been consistently mediocre or worse since 1995. NE, Pittsburgh, GB, Denver and Indy are the only franchises to have sustained success over that time. Baltimore has an argument for being in that group.
NYG. CAR. SF had a great run. Oh, and you forgot SEA. NO. ATL.

TWOK11

Reaction score
NYG. CAR. SF had a great run. Oh, and you forgot SEA. NO. ATL.

None of those franchises have been consistently good for 23 years and we have a better winning % than almost all of them in that time frame. SF has been awful all but about 6 years.

Zordon

Reaction score
Who hired Parcells? Who made the call to bench Bledsoe at halftime for Romo in 2006? Drew Bledsoe was going to be the guy all year had Jerry not literally walked into the locker room and made it so.

I'm hardly a rah rah Jerry guy, but he gets some credit and there are FAR worse owners and GMs.
Jerry admitted in his drunken rant that he hired Parcells solely because he needed to sell the stadium to the taxpayers and get people buying suites.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Jerry admitted in his drunken rant that he hired Parcells solely because he needed to sell the stadium to the taxpayers and get people buying suites.

So Jerry didn't hire Parcells then?

Stop being obtuse

StarMan2112

Reaction score
I mean, I get the frustration but some perspective is also warranted. Dallas is 8th in winning % since their last SB and 6th since 2007. Since 1995 we've fielded a competitive, playoff contending team in 16 of 23 seasons.

The overwhelming majority of NFL franchises have been worse than we have since 1995, many much worse. I understand we have a different standard, but for the sake of legitimate discussion let's stop acting like we're the Browns.

Glad you’re happy with that. I’m not.

Hadenough

Reaction score
When he sits at those owner's meetings, does he ever feel shame when he looks across the room and sees Bob Kraft - a man who is going to his EIGTH Super Bowl since he last tasted victory.

23 years have passed while this man has played Madden with America's Team. A generation lost. Meanwhile Kraft has stayed out of the way, hired the best of the best when it comes to coaches, personnel staff, trainers, etc. and because of that his franchise is now the hallmark of the NFL.

They've equaled the Cowboys in Super Bowl victories, surpassed us in appearances, and now today they have come within one win of tying us for most playoff wins in NFL history. Think about that for a second folks...in 1996, the Dallas Cowboys had 32 playoff wins, the Patriots had 4. Yet they are about to tie us for first?

Shame.
What going to make it worse is the Eagles are going to the SB with a backup QB. When Wentz returns that team is going to be a dynasty that takes over for the Patriots. It's just sickening knowing some of us were screaming for Jerry to trade up and secure Wentz.

kskboys

Reaction score
None of those franchises have been consistently good for 23 years and we have a better winning % than almost all of them in that time frame. SF has been awful all but about 6 years.
If you're defining consistently good as being in it every year for the last 22, then yeah, you got NE and no one.

However, over that time, several teams have built it up, contended, fell off, then built it up again.

Due to a poor blueprint, we've been unable to get into true super bowl contention. Even the Jets were able to do that!!!!!

Hadenough

Reaction score
If you're defining consistently good as being in it every year for the last 22, then yeah, you got NE and no one.

However, over that time, several teams have built it up, contended, fell off, then built it up again.

Due to a poor blueprint, we've been unable to get into true super bowl contention. Even the Jets were able to do that!!!!!
And over the last few years we have had a lot of talent but haven't had the coaching. But we continue to let this inexperienced coach play Madden.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I mean, I get the frustration but some perspective is also warranted. Dallas is 8th in winning % since their last SB and 6th since 2007. Since 1995 we've fielded a competitive, playoff contending team in 16 of 23 seasons.

The overwhelming majority of NFL franchises have been worse than we have since 1995, many much worse. I understand we have a different standard, but for the sake of legitimate discussion let's stop acting like we're the Browns.
Effectively the same as the Browns...

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Cowboys last SB win they had 5 and NE had 0. Now its 5-5 with NE about to potentially pass them...