Sometimes I wonder if Jerry ever feels shame

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What going to make it worse is the Eagles are going to the SB with a backup QB. When Wentz returns that team is going to be a dynasty that takes over for the Patriots. It's just sickening knowing some of us were screaming for Jerry to trade up and secure Wentz.

After getting bad advice on the Claiborne trade up, Jerry has been real shy pulling the trigger on any big draft day moves.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
And that's fine, just understand that all but about 5 franchises have been consistently mediocre or worse since 1995. NE, Pittsburgh, GB, Denver and Indy are the only franchises to have sustained success over that time. Baltimore has an argument for being in that group.

I'm tired of the excuse we're not as bad as <insert team name here>.
Self evently we've not nearly as good as the best organizations.
That's the standard we should reach for, not being content we're not as bad as the Browns, Lions etc.
You want to win an SB don't you?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm tired of the excuse we're not as bad as <insert team name here>.
Self evently we've not nearly as good as the best organizations.
That's the standard we should reach for, not being content we're not as bad as the Browns, Lions etc.
You want to win an SB don't you?
It doesn’t appear we want to win a Super Bowl. Not enough to make the changes necessary. So, I’d say no. It’s not a priority.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pats are a legitimate dynasty, with maybe the best head coach *and* the best QB ever.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
What a stupid thing to wonder.

He's an incredibly successful owner, obviously he doesn't feel shame. You just wish he would.
:laugh: while that certainly warms the cockles of every DALLAS COWBOYS fan's heart knowing that,even I myself, Proximo,,, have grown fatigued in the pointless mired pushing of Jerry's wagon train to nowhere that even the Fan faithful are fixing to go rogue wild Indian due to the obvious lackadaisical "whistle while you continue to suck hind tit annually" where the 'fans' are concerned,,,making money? He's aced that 10 fold,,,,ya know? I had a very much older convict friend at one time whose 'bag' was to ram the reinforced back bumper of his '1950 Packard' into the double doors of the " picture show/ movie theaters " of that time period late at night after they've closed, having removed the back seating entirely it was a cinch to slide the cigerrette & candy coin operated lobby machines into the trunk of his car and speed away,,,now! Knowing as bizzare of an equation it might seem to be I'm drawing from,,,it's pretty damn close in concept as to where both those dudes were/are syphoning off the cash from,,,,o_O

:starspin::omg::starspin:

:thumbup:

CCBoy

Reaction score
...The coaches have some issues, yet ultimately the “Winning Formula” is being severely hamstrung by the machinations of the Cowboys front office. When the coaching staff has the pieces on hand they have shown the ability to get the job done on game day. Great talent makes great coaches and there is currently only one Bill Belichick. Other fan favorites (Zimmer and Payton) have also proven to fail when they have severe talent issues to deal with and none of the three mentioned are likely to co-exist with Jerry Jones. Don’t forget, Jerry wants a “game manager” as a coach, not a strong, dynamic leader, so he can take all the credit if/when they win. It’s part of his “Winning Formula” and if he can’t win that way he will take his ball and go home. So pine for a Hall of Fame coach all you want. The Jones ego put that move on hold a long time ago. The front office has to quit trying to hit injury-risk home runs with premium picks and give the coaches enough ammunition on game day to keep the “Winning Formula” viable. They need to address both the offensive line, linebacking and WR talent issues THIS offseason from within or without.

Despite Jones’ continued meddling, the Cowboys football minds have gathered the pieces to make a serious winning run for a few years. They have a solid base. Yet they need to find, replace, and/or obtain key pieces critical to their “Winning Formula” in order to have continuing success on game day. Football is the ultimate team sport. When pieces are missing the dominoes don’t fall like you planned. They just flop and the grand scheme falls flat. A car needs the right parts to win a race. With any winning organization, it starts at the top. The Cowboys are in a unique position to leverage their talent base into a dominant NFC East run. Will leadership take this window seriously and deliver in both discipline and excellence? To be clear, they have done a fine job in getting the Cowboys a solid base to work with. Can they now prove they have the discipline and vision to replenish key positions so Dallas can do something besides watch the playoffs?

We’re talking to you, Jerry. You created this beast so ultimately, everything flows through you. You want “all” the credit when one day, it “all” comes together. Conversely, that means the last 20 years of failure are ALL on you. Time to pay attention to the football minds you’ve gathered around you and let them do their jobs. Time to become a “real NFL owner.” It’s time for you to fade from the front office. Let the football guys do their jobs. You can take the credit. The fans really, really don’t mind.

http://profootballtalkline.com/nfl/...boys-winning-formula-missing-key-pieces.html/

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...The coaches have some issues, yet ultimately the “Winning Formula” is being severely hamstrung by the machinations of the Cowboys front office. When the coaching staff has the pieces on hand they have shown the ability to get the job done on game day. Great talent makes great coaches and there is currently only one Bill Belichick. Other fan favorites (Zimmer and Payton) have also proven to fail when they have severe talent issues to deal with and none of the three mentioned are likely to co-exist with Jerry Jones. Don’t forget, Jerry wants a “game manager” as a coach, not a strong, dynamic leader, so he can take all the credit if/when they win. It’s part of his “Winning Formula” and if he can’t win that way he will take his ball and go home. So pine for a Hall of Fame coach all you want. The Jones ego put that move on hold a long time ago. The front office has to quit trying to hit injury-risk home runs with premium picks and give the coaches enough ammunition on game day to keep the “Winning Formula” viable. They need to address both the offensive line, linebacking and WR talent issues THIS offseason from within or without.

Despite Jones’ continued meddling, the Cowboys football minds have gathered the pieces to make a serious winning run for a few years. They have a solid base. Yet they need to find, replace, and/or obtain key pieces critical to their “Winning Formula” in order to have continuing success on game day. Football is the ultimate team sport. When pieces are missing the dominoes don’t fall like you planned. They just flop and the grand scheme falls flat. A car needs the right parts to win a race. With any winning organization, it starts at the top. The Cowboys are in a unique position to leverage their talent base into a dominant NFC East run. Will leadership take this window seriously and deliver in both discipline and excellence? To be clear, they have done a fine job in getting the Cowboys a solid base to work with. Can they now prove they have the discipline and vision to replenish key positions so Dallas can do something besides watch the playoffs?

We’re talking to you, Jerry. You created this beast so ultimately, everything flows through you. You want “all” the credit when one day, it “all” comes together. Conversely, that means the last 20 years of failure are ALL on you. Time to pay attention to the football minds you’ve gathered around you and let them do their jobs. Time to become a “real NFL owner.” It’s time for you to fade from the front office. Let the football guys do their jobs. You can take the credit. The fans really, really don’t mind.

http://profootballtalkline.com/nfl/...boys-winning-formula-missing-key-pieces.html/
Amen. Good leaders, especially effective leaders of winning football organizations learned a looooong time ago that micromanaging is not a winning formula.

I’ve never understood why Jerry Jones has never seemed to understand several critical truths about winning and getting “credit”-
1. If you hire top notch people and let them do their jobs, whatever they accomplish, since you hired them, you will get plenty of “credit”.
2. When you win a championship, everyone gets credit.
3. Winning is the absolute best way I to sell tickets and jerseys.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Amen. Good leaders, especially effective leaders of winning football organizations learned a looooong time ago that micromanaging is not a winning formula.

I’ve never understood why Jerry Jones has never seemed to understand several critical truths about winning and getting “credit”-
1. If you hire top notch people and let them do their jobs, whatever they accomplish, since you hired them, you will get plenty of “credit”.
2. When you win a championship, everyone gets credit.
3. Winning is the absolute best way I to sell tickets and jerseys.

well, he used to at least feign belief In the concept of shared credit until he was scarred by all those Super Bowls Jimmy brought him, its one of the strangest things I've ever observed

foofighters

Reaction score
When he sits at those owner's meetings, does he ever feel shame when he looks across the room and sees Bob Kraft - a man who is going to his EIGTH Super Bowl since he last tasted victory.

23 years have passed while this man has played Madden with America's Team. A generation lost. Meanwhile Kraft has stayed out of the way, hired the best of the best when it comes to coaches, personnel staff, trainers, etc. and because of that his franchise is now the hallmark of the NFL.

They've equaled the Cowboys in Super Bowl victories, surpassed us in appearances, and now today they have come within one win of tying us for most playoff wins in NFL history. Think about that for a second folks...in 1996, the Dallas Cowboys had 32 playoff wins, the Patriots had 4. Yet they are about to tie us for first?

Shame.
Probably for about 10 seconds then he sees his bank book, then turns on ESPN and NFLN and then gets on the internet and sees that the Cowboys are still talked about more than any other team and he just smiles evilly.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well, he used to at least feign belief In the concept of shared credit until he was scarred by all those Super Bowls Jimmy brought him, its one of the strangest things I've ever observed

Jones is not feigning credit. Listeners must pay close attention to what is said by narcissists like Jones. He says, "Jimmy needs a lot of credit. I need a lot of credit."

Certainly, Jones should be credited for his efforts but what listeners should ask themselves is why Jones feels it is necessary to publicly say he needs a lot of credit bestowed upon him. Such need is birthed from an exaggerated sense of importance.

The sooner observers stop thinking of Jones as just some rich doofus and start comprehending his narcissistic nature, the quicker people can finally begin understanding what type of person he really is. And doing so will provide self-insight into why Jones runs his franchise the way he does.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And he hired the guys who gave him the advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry is baffling. He is incapable of making accurate draft assessments and relies completely on the expertise of others. Yet, he refuses to hold anyone accountable for those assessments. How long did he employ that idiot Lacewell ?

yimyammer

Reaction score
cowboy fans should come to the stadium in knock off NFL jerseys doing this nonstop

giphy.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry is baffling. He is incapable of making accurate draft assessments and relies completely on the expertise of others. Yet, he refuses to hold anyone accountable for those assessments. How long did he employ that idiot Lacewell ?
A GM has to be at least somewhat NFL wise just to be able to make the correct hires.

Pants

Reaction score
during a nationally televised home game, someone should hack into the big board at the stadium and repetitively put the video of post #44 (from this thread) on the board for 80,000 to see and try to get the national TV guys to notice it...

JJ should be embarrassed by this team's lack of on-field success (playoffs)....of course, when you continue to make a mint off of this non-playoff team year after year, then why change a thing? JJ MUST be on TV, JJ will be on TV more if he is the GM, and he will be on TV more when his inept coaching staff fails to win winnable games, he has to explain the "process"...if Dallas kept winning, then the GM/owner gets noticed when they hoist a specific trophy in February, but not so much before that....JJ loves him some JJ...there is no doubt in my mind that there is some slob on his payroll that their sole purpose is to put together every single video op/clip of JJ into a weekly package so Jones can watch them with his favorite friend

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSv_ElSWY3egiC3-IjtLsP6bIFfGEUflca5zgdh9BzIfb2V2t25