News: Sometimes it's the moves that you don't make

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember when a lot of fans were campaigning for the Cowboys to trade for Jamal Adams. The Seahawks ultimately did, giving up two 1st round picks-plus for him. They've since had to make him the league's highest-paid safety, and both he and their entire defense are now a mess.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...t-pete-carroll-says-not-to-blame-any-one-guy/

Sometimes, it's as much about what you don't do as what you do.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I remember when a lot of fans were campaigning for the Cowboys to trade for Jamal Adams. The Seahawks ultimately did, giving up two 1st round picks-plus for him. They've since had to make him the league's highest-paid safety, and both he and their entire defense are now a mess.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...t-pete-carroll-says-not-to-blame-any-one-guy/

Sometimes, it's as much about what you don't do as what you do.

+1 and just read a tweet where one league personnel said there's a million percent chance of Wilson asking for a trade after the season.

Here it is ......

NFL insider says Russell Wilson is ‘one million percent’ likely to demand trade in offseason
Oct
10/8/2021 12:57:39 PM

https://www.theredzone.org/Blog-Des...-percent--likely-to-demand-trade-in-offseason

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's shocking to see the defense for a Pete Carroll team play and rank so poorly. If Wilson moves on, they're quickly in total rebuild mode. Would Carroll want to stick around for that?

Better question....would they want him to???? Maybe it's time for a change Carroll AND Seahawks

stilltheguru

Reaction score
The irony behind it is. The people here who wanted Adams and ridiculed Jerry for not getting him, would be the exact same people hating on Jerry now for making the trade.
The reason we wanted Adams was because our defemse was soft with no attitude. Just look at Jaylon and LVE and his weak reaction to people clowning Jaylon. Those were the 2 guys manning the middle of the d. So yea, people wanted some dogs in the middle. Its jerrys fault that we wanted Adams. Donovan Wilson and Kearse have plenty of dawg and if we had them at their current form instead of Woods and Heath nobody would've asked for Adams.

Lets tell the full story

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The reason we wanted Adams was because our defemse was soft with no attitude. Just look at Jaylon and LVE and his weak reaction to people clowning Jaylon. Those were the 2 guys manning the middle of the d. So yea, people wanted some dogs in the middle. Its jerrys fault that we wanted Adams. Donovan Wilson and Kearse have plenty of dawg and if we had them at their current form instead of Woods and Heath nobody would've asked for Adams.

Lets tell the full story

That sounds like the story that you want to tell.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seahawks GM is Jerry circa 2000. Still trying to live off of the Super Bowl years while having horrible drafts, making bad trades, etc. If you look at their drafts in the past 5 years, they are one of the worst in the league.

They really are. The misses are pretty amazing. Including 1st round picks that never played a down for them.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's shocking to see the defense for a Pete Carroll team play and rank so poorly. If Wilson moves on, they're quickly in total rebuild mode. Would Carroll want to stick around for that?

If I'm the Seahawks I may move on from Carroll. He's been trading away picks left and right and the team has gotten worse. Trading Wilson would bring a lot of draft capital to rebuild the team under a newer, younger coach.

No one likes the R word but that team isn't competing for anything as it stands now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I'm the Seahawks I may move on from Carroll. He's been trading away picks left and right and the team has gotten worse. Trading Wilson would bring a lot of draft capital to rebuild the team under a newer, younger coach.

No one likes the R word but that team isn't competing for anything as it stands now.

It's wild to me how quickly things can change. I was looking at them and admiring them for seemingly handling the transition from the Legion of Boom era without having to go full rebuild. They stayed competitive and didn't have to hit bottom. But now it looks like that was a mirage.

NeathBlue

Reaction score

fivetwos

Reaction score
I wanted him badly....but never for the absurd price Seattle paid.

Nonetheless I'm glad it didn't happen.

We did need some sort of change and/or leadership. Quinn and Parsons will suffice!