Sooo...Det offered Dallas Roy Williams straight up for D. Ware

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
If Ware doesn't retire a cowboy it isn't right. Jerry doesn't let guys like that walk.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I highly doubt that Dallas aquires Roy Williams within the next few weeks. I know it would be just devastating to the rest of the NFL.....it would be too good to be true......that leads me to believe it is not going to happen. Plus it makes too much sense.

Eskimo

Reaction score
pgreptom;2307746 said:
I can't think of a player in the NFL I'd trade for Ware.

I'd take that Brady guy, bad knee and all. Then I'd ship off Romo. Never going to happen, but just saying...

Eskimo

Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2307887 said:
That's what people seem to overlook. Waiting to sign him until after the season will still cost picks.

Why give up so much for such an underachiever? He has all of one 1000-yard season in a league where that doesn't even mean much anymore. Someone is going to seriously overpay for a guy who is often injured and doesn't produce.

I'd lump him with Plaxico Burress after he finished his first contract with Pittsburgh. His reputation as a malcontent and underachiever meant that noone gave him the contract he thought he was worth. The Giants eventually got him for a pittance.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened with #11.

Eskimo

Reaction score
stealth;2308068 said:
If Ware doesn't retire a cowboy it isn't right. Jerry doesn't let guys like that walk.

Before committing to any more big contracts, I want Ware's name on the dotted line for a 5 or 6-year deal.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Roy Williams has 3 or 4 drops today.....I wonder if he is just fed up with everytihng in Detroit.....

cowboyz

Reaction score
going to their backup qb.

come on detroit. 2nd round pick for roy

Aven8

Reaction score
After watching the Giants this afternoon...WE BETTER GET ROY!!! They have a ton of weapons on offense. We need him just to keep up. Please Jerry make it happen this week!!!!

Eskimo

Reaction score
Aven8;2308275 said:
After watching the Giants this afternoon...WE BETTER GET ROY!!! They have a ton of weapons on offense. We need him just to keep up. Please Jerry make it happen this week!!!!

Giants will pound us unless we improve our run defense - not sure if it is possible to do it just based on personnel this year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EveryoneElse;2308107 said:
I highly doubt that Dallas aquires Roy Williams within the next few weeks.
I doubt so too. The trading deadline is next Monday I believe.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Roy Williams is no longer a want, he is a need. Teams have found a way to take TO away and not pay for it for the most part.

Jerry should have made this trade before the game was over. Give detroit a 1 and a 4(theirs). Get it done, please.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Yea Roy is without a doubt a need! Id trade our 1st and 3rd for Roy! If the Lions are smart they would take the trade. Not only is it great value but i mean they have to rebuild so many places on that team that you have to trade some players that maybe u dont want to for the benefit of the future of the team! they are not gonna win with Roy there so they might as well use him a piece that will help them rebuild that crap hole that they call a team!

MC KAos

Reaction score
we need him, but i wouldnt give up a first AND a third for him, thats ridiculous, a second or a first and a sixth back from them i might think about

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
MC KAos;2310581 said:
we need him, but i wouldnt give up a first AND a third for him, thats ridiculous, a second or a first and a sixth back from them i might think about
when your close to a SB you take the chance!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2307910 said:
No one is going to fork over two first rounders for Roy Williams. There's maybe 5 players in the league worth that.

If they offered their entire roster for Ware.........I laugh in their face.

2 first round picks.............I laugh in their face.

If they think he is worth that much, they can keep him.

I offer them our 1st and nothing more, take it or leave it.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Offer today is Greg Ellis for Roy Williams after season.

Detroit is silly to franchise and best served to cut ties with Millens busts and move on...