Sopranos - Article page 18

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Just wanted to post a reminder to all the Sopranos fans out there the final 9 episodes start tomorrow night (Sunday 8th) at 8:00 pm Eastern. What a great show it has been. I just hope the last episodes are as good as the rest of it has been, it would be a shame if they killed the ending.

Deputy493

Reaction score
Doomsday;1449341 said:
Just wanted to post a reminder to all the Sopranos fans out there the final 9 episodes start tomorrow night (Sunday 8th) at 8:00 pm Eastern. What a great show it has been. I just hope the last episodes are as good as the rest of it has been, it would be a shame if they killed the ending.

I can't wait, plus I saw that they are saying a major character will be killed off early on, maybe even the first episode.....they aren't saying who, only that it is a major character.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
It's been one of my favorite shows over the years, but last season was absolutely horrible. They really need to step up and redeem themselves with these final 8 episodes.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Danny White;1449380 said:
It's been one of my favorite shows over the years, but last season was absolutely horrible. They really need to step up and redeem themselves with these final 8 episodes.

It started off bad but good pretty good towards the end.

I still think Chris should whack Tony so he can take over and call the show The Moltasante's :D

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I am looking forward to it. I need to rewatch last years final episode tonight.

Entourage is great and that starts tomorrow too.

calico

Reaction score
It was once my favorite show but I honestly think they should have ended it a few seasons ago...the last season was just filler.

I can't wait though because it should be interesting, but I know alot of fans are going to be pissed if the show ends with Tony not dying or not going to trial.

I honestly think David Chase will just leave things wide open at the end...especially if they really do plan a Sopranos movie.

EDIT

I found some spoilers and it does look like this season will not be dull...and judging from the photos of the final scene, I will be disappointed with how the show ends.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Danny White;1449380 said:

The first show last year was great, the rest pretty much sucked... that guy hanging himself, and the way they stayed with him the whole time it took him to die, was powerful stuff...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
silverbear;1449498 said:
The first show last year was great, the rest pretty much sucked... that guy hanging himself, and the way they stayed with him the whole time it took him to die, was powerful stuff...

I agree... I was more than willing to stick with the unorthodox beginning to the season that they had last year, including the dream stuff. But it just didn't go anywhere.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i've been dabating with me self about getting this show on dvd all the seasons (haven't seen 1 episode cuz i dont have HoBO

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I have all 6 seasons on DVD and just got done watching for the 2nd time in anticipation of the new season. With the exception of Tony's dreams which I pretty much fast forward through them anyway, even with that I think it is still the best show on TV.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
the kid 05;1449555 said:
i've been dabating with me self about getting this show on dvd all the seasons (haven't seen 1 episode cuz i dont have HoBO

Get Season 1 first... if you're not completely hooked by episode 4, then it's not for you. Season 1 of the Sopranos was one of the most original, entertainng things to come along on television in a long time.

calico

Reaction score
Danny White;1449594 said:
Get Season 1 first... if you're not completely hooked by episode 4, then it's not for you. Season 1 of the Sopranos was one of the most original, entertainng things to come along on television in a long time.

that is what happened with me. I blind bought season 1 and was hooked by the 4th episode. The funny thing was that I actually had HBO at the time but never really watched it. Season 1 is by far one of the best things made for television.

Deputy493

Reaction score
In fairness, there was only suppossed to be one last season with 8 episodes......HBO talked the writers and creators into a 2 part 20 episode final season..........the first 12 we saw last year and you could tell it was kind of a filler........I anticipate these last 8 episodes will be great.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Watched Goodfellas lastnight it was crazy how many people from the Soparnos were in that movie.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
So far.... meh. It was ok, but not great.

You can tell they're leading up to something with Tony's legal problems, but man, what a slow episode.

I really thought he was going to whack Bobby when they were driving to meet the Canadians.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White;1450278 said:
So far.... meh. It was ok, but not great.

You can tell they're leading up to something with Tony's legal problems, but man, what a slow episode.

I really thought he was going to whack Bobby when they were driving to meet the Canadians.

I think Bobby and Janice thought Tony was going to whack him as well. I liked when Tony turned off on that one road and Bobby just looked over at him like...Holy Moly. :laugh2:

Have to wonder if Bobby gets busted because of the way the guy grabbed his shirt and bobby just leaving the gun in the hallway without wiping it off.

All and All I liked the first episode. Had humor, a little action, a little background and it moved ok to me.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
That thing with Bobby's shirt was a funny :rolleyes: whose shirt rips like that?

Then he just drops the gun like that... although I think he may have been wearing gloves.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White;1450319 said:
That thing with Bobby's shirt was a funny :rolleyes: whose shirt rips like that?

Then he just drops the gun like that... although I think he may have been wearing gloves.

I can't remember if he was wearing gloves or not. Might have to catch again and see.

As far as the shirt thing...seems like they did that to set some things up.

On a different note.

I thought they were going to start going back to the "Ducks/Geese" thing with Tony.

Once when he was sitting outside and one flew by him and than another time when Bobby's little girl and the nanny were singing something about ducks.

Don't know if it was just coincidence or not.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
First episode was a little slow, but I had a feeling it might be.

I really thought Janice was going to talk Bobby into whacking Tony. Glad they didnt go in that direction.

As for Bobby leaving the gun behind, I am curius if the Canadian police would have aceess to finger prints of a US citizen? Anyone know?

They also made it appear that Phil Leotardo is more interested in taking it easy then being boss, will be interesting to see how that plays out.