Sorry, I think Our Season Is Over..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We'll find out our fate next week.

If this team doesn't quit we still have a shot.

We were 8 minutes from being the most feared team in the league and could've put the Giants on the ropes for the division.

What a loss.

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2471546 said:
Ya, I know it's not over yet but this lose could linger into next week against a pissed off Giants team that was kicked up and down the field by Philly.

IMO, I think that we won't beat the Giants who just don't lose two games in a row. If that is the case, the cowboys would than have to be a Ravens team that is whopping on the Skins and possible a hot Philly team who whopped the Giants tails in another cold weather road game.

I don't want to be negative but until Romo finds a heart beat in December, I will have my doubts that he can win when it counts.

Tonights game there were some awesome plays on that field but when you turn the ball over that many times it's hard to win.

And.... until Romo plays better when things are on the line... there will be nothing but questions he will need to answer.
It smells like knee-jerk chicken, extra spicy...
Tap the brakes... nothing is over, yet...

Reaction score
Even though we may not be the best record wis ein the league...thanks to Wade we sure do feel good about each other and take away many good thing from each game...

kramskoi

Reaction score
Hostile;2471553 said:
Shocking.
man, i have to applaud you Hostile...you and a few others here have some good constituition considering the events of the day...i'm a bit histrionic, but i'm also a realist.

While i won't say that the season is over, this business with Romo in big games is beginning to wear.

This business with Wade Phillips and the demeanor he's instilled in the Cowboys is also threadbare.

The excuses and the apologism for losses and what i detect, IMO, to be a less than suitable distaste for losing is also rather disquieting.

Couple that with their chronic propensity for failing to close the deal in big games and you have to wonder if we have'nt seen this all before.

Now the 'Boys have no margin for error if they want to control their own destiny...NYG and PHI are probably [conference] must wins because of their battle with Atlanta for #6. Dallas would win on strength of victory in a tied conference record but must win the remaining conference games for common opponents [3-1 vs. 3-2 if both teams win remaining conference games]

If Atlanta wins the next two games, pressure will be on Dallas to run the table

Hopefully, with the Jacobs injury and Plaxico subtraction, Dallas will catch NY at the right time before they compensate. Then they'll face what Football Outsiders considers to be a better defense than even Pittsburgh.

Maybe the fact we all must face is simply that Dallas is'nt as good as advertised.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2471568 said:
OMG this team is currently in a wild card position! Stop it! :bang2:

Exactly.

I dont care if we just barely get in... In is IN.

Its what you do in the playoffs. Thats where its do or die.... most certainly not when they are 3 games left in season.

rathalarge

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2471595 said:
Means nothing, the season isn't over. The Giants will be another tough match-up for us and if Romo continues to have a December to forget, we lose.

Also, look at our schedule compared to Atlanta. Philly plays Cleveland next week.

I don't want to sound negative, just pointing to a fact that if our leader, Romo, plays like he did today, forget about it.
Wow! You've got over 2,000 posts since joining in July?

DTK

Reaction score
rathalarge;2471708 said:
Wow! You've got over 2,000 posts since joining in July?
I seriously think he's a foreskin fan. There's a guy over at Extremesuck that posts under a similar name and he generally puts the Cowboys down.

Plus I've asked him twice if he is in fact that same poster over there with no response.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2471546 said:
Ya, I know it's not over yet but this lose could linger into next week against a pissed off Giants team that was kicked up and down the field by Philly.

IMO, I think that we won't beat the Giants who just don't lose two games in a row. If that is the case, the cowboys would than have to be a Ravens team that is whopping on the Skins and possible a hot Philly team who whopped the Giants tails in another cold weather road game.

I don't want to be negative but until Romo finds a heart beat in December, I will have my doubts that he can win when it counts.

Tonights game there were some awesome plays on that field but when you turn the ball over that many times it's hard to win.

And.... until Romo plays better when things are on the line... there will be nothing but questions he will need to answer.

not surprising you had our season over a month ago...

Rick_Deckard

luvtheboys
Reaction score
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

DTK

Reaction score
luvtheboys;2471840 said:
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
LOL, great line.

kmd24

Reaction score
kramskoi;2471703 said:
Maybe the fact we all must face is simply that Dallas is'nt as good as advertised.

When every talking head has been saying that for the last, what, 7 weeks or so, I have to ask, exactly how good are the Cowboys advertised?

The season's not over yet. The Cowboys improved their playoff position today, discovered the real value of a rookie RB, and showed a lot of toughness. They play 2 of the remaining 3 at home, and all the wildcard teams behind them are playing each other.

Dallas is in a lot better shape than anyone gives them credit for.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2471798 said:
Hey, this is killing me, the lose, I just have too many questions about Romo when games are on the line.

Does it really matter anymore who are coaches and players are?

I've seen this same movie for the last 5 years-start out somewhat mediocre, turn it on and start peaking by Thanksgiving, then TSHTF in the final sprint.

Reaction score
Boysboy;2471883 said:
Does it really matter anymore who are coaches and players are?

I've seen this same movie for the last 5 years-start out somewhat mediocre, turn it on and start peaking by Thanksgiving, then TSHTF in the final sprint.

I don't know.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
im confident we will make the playoffs but after we get in its when i think our season will be over. but well i guess once u get in that anything can happen...