Sorry Tankers!

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I love winning!! Who's with me??

Winning what? If Dallas makes the playoffs they will not do anything much except lost draft pick position. If they win a few more games but miss the playoffs all that does is lose draft position. So what have they really won given the state of the team?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Winning what? If Dallas makes the playoffs they will not do anything much except lost draft pick position. If they win a few more games but miss the playoffs all that does is lose draft position. So what have they really won given the state of the team?
They won the game....it's not that hard to understand.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Am I upset Dallas won? No, not really. Will I be upset if we go from having a top 5-10 pick to picking 21st because we made the playoffs? Absolutely because we're a horribly flawed team

Tussinman

Reaction score
Lol. Enjoy the Vikings win when the smart team gets the franchise qb/LT, Defensive stud and we pick another busted neck bum at 13.
Hey but your hero is Romo so you don’t know any better.
Normal years yet but this draft class is weak with the ultra elite talent

2 QBs along with sewell are the only guys that really feel like top 8 picks. The drop off after those 3 (which with Burrow injury we would never be able to get) is massive.

The difference between picking 5th vs 13th is hardly "uhhh franchise changing player vs bum with busted neck".

The difference in reality is more along the lines of "oh you'll get 2nd choice of one of the 3 corners that are all virtually identical".......

Tussinman

Reaction score
If they win a few more games but miss the playoffs all that does is lose draft position
But you can look at it as the team winning means younger players are developing and areas where weak in are improving. That's better overall then picking 5 spots higher (hoping for more holes on the team to draft slightly higher is an oxymoron, the point of the draft is to help fill the team but then your hoping the team has more holes.....)

garyo1954

Reaction score
You are not getting a Burrow or Herbert at 16, I will tell you that.
You are not getting a Chase Young, Tyron Smith, the Bosa brothers at 13.. You see how this game is played?

You may not be getting a JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, or Marcus Mariota either. So you live and die with the pick you made.

The question is how much difference in talent is between a #1 pick and a number #32? That depends on the depth of talent in a given year. Not all years are the same for the talent pool. And most often the is very little difference in the top 20-30 players. If Lawrence chose not to come out, do you think the draft nerds would be crying there is no #1 this year?

Smashin222

Reaction score
You may not be getting a JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, or Marcus Mariota either. So you live and die with the pick you made.

The question is how much difference in talent is between a #1 pick and a number #32? That depends on the depth of talent in a given year. Not all years are the same for the talent pool. And most often the is very little difference in the top 20-30 players. If Lawrence chose not to come out, do you think the draft nerds would be crying there is no #1 this year?

The difference is about 3 first round picks, a couple second round picks and probably a couple thirds as well.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Question: How many 6th round picks can you get trading down from #3 to #15?
Answer: A lot.

Making deals, getting draft picks, hitting on a few of those picks is fun.

Watching the cowboys win the nfc east and make a playoff run is more fun

blueblood70

Reaction score
kinda put me of the spot

Broncos (with Elway), Colts, Ravens, Steelers and Chiefs with the Patriots being the anomaly, though they were terrible before Bill came along to. Not every team needs to draft a QB with a high pick.
the chiefs didnt tank they were decent the year before with AS at qb but TRADED UP to get Mahomes around 10..they were there at 10..bad choice..

when has PB ever tanked on purpose>/ i dont that they had all the reasons last year to tank yet they make some trades use many qb and fight to 8-8..they arent franchise that would tank..Elway forced his way into Denver like the Eli /rivers mess that was LUCK..

we will have a nice choices around 10-15 lots of great prospects there and hearing draft experts there was really no Defensive players in the top 5 so we can still get our guys with this little win spurt..Lamb was bad at 17?

there was no way to get Lawrence as we couldn't have done worse then the 0-10 jets

so outside of that no guarantees at the top...lose organically and get great picks, ok but tanking is for losers and teams truly do not do it on purpose..

eutawiisp9jkji5czmnm

garyo1954

Reaction score
The difference is about 3 first round picks, a couple second round picks and probably a couple thirds as well.

It might be interesting to know what you're figuring and how you decided what came to what. But I'm sure we'd all be disappointed by whatever explanation you offered.

You see, there is a a one in every year. One team gets to choose who that #1 pick is. Even being the consensus best player of this year's draft doesn't mean he would be the #1 pick last year, or next year. Or any other year.

The question is: What makes him the #1 pick? And why is better than the others? In most cases he's only considered the best thing to come along since last year. And he's not going to look as good as the #1 next year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll live and die, hoping for any win the Cowboys will give us!

I'm loving the way that they're perking up lately!

I would never have it any other way!

Go get 'em, Cowboys! :D

Last edited: